This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

JosieToo Explorer

lemon pepper chicken topped with tzatziki

grilled red, yellow and green bell peppers

spinach, chard, kale salad topped with walnuts and honey/red wine vinegar/olive oil dressing

dessert: banana with natural peanut butter, coconut and a few chocolate chips

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

JosieToo Explorer

Grilled corn on the cob with lemon chive butter

Herbed roast baby potatoes with crisp capers

Japanese cucumber salad (fresh cukes)

Grilled Cumberland sausages

Fudge brownies

Sounds delicious! What did you use to make the brownies? Can you make them without things like guar gum or xantham gum?

love2travel Mentor

Sounds delicious! What did you use to make the brownies? Can you make them without things like guar gum or xantham gum?

Yes, you can. I am out of town but will get the recipe to you.

love2travel Mentor

Went home to do more cooking for the next few days I am housesitting at the acreage...

Lemon brined pork chops with a spicy citrus glaze

Lemon and bay infused jasmine rice

Fresh steamed beans with chive butter

...and more brownies! Now they are done. Kaput.

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm very personality disorder about surprises. I love them, but I hate them. It could be because of my complete lack of patience I suppose. I'll have to refrain from bouncing around the house waiting and stick with watching too much tv and doing a few dishes as my stupid back permits.

Just keep reminding yourself that you won't do well in prison and it will get you through with the neighbors until you leave. :lol: Hope you survive your ordeal far better than I survived mine. Good luck! :wub:

I should be living with someone else for dinner. Tonight though I'm finally getting real cooked food again. I'm making my husband help me cook some pork chops, I'll probably just fry them because its easy and quick. And he brought me a honeydew I can make him cut up for me. And I sort of got him hooked on Grey's Anatomy now. *snicker*

mmmm pork chops.....i. am. so. hungry.

the thinger is this morning. whoohoo!

do not fear surprises from me. Have I let you down yet?  ^_^

too tired to make caps or check grammar (yes, i feel that wiped out even I do not care about it) ok that parenthesis thinger was instinctual

this afternoon, I will be happy to eat. I do not know how people purposefully fast. I need protein to feel well.

anyhoo

The hubs has promised burgers and sweet potato fries this evening if i want them

I want

I want

thanks for the  :wub: and right back atcha

if i snap before i move, they will never find the bodies, so i will never be convicted

i know people

love2travel Mentor

Pork chops with vanilla bean brine and apple gastrique

Pommes Anna

Roast maple carrots

Chocolate pudding

Adalaide Mentor

I don't know how people fast on purpose either. I mean, I usually wait an hour or two after I get up in the morning before breakfast but once I decide I'm hungry I need to eat.

And I don't fear surprises, I just hate the waiting part. :P

I don't know whats for supper yet. I'm sure I'll figure it out before I starve though. Maybe just burgers because I didn't thaw anything. Oops. :ph34r: I suppose I should get some chicken out for tomorrow.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JosieToo Explorer

Sausages, sauerkraut, grilled peppers, spinach salad. Mmmmmm.

notme Experienced

french cuisine:  lef d'ouvres  :)  hubs out of town and i'm lazy.  i'm lazy when he is *in* town, too, but when he's out, i just take it to a whole new lazy level.  (mleh, i vacuumed the upstairs - spiders were all like "dis is MAH house" - i beg to differ and now you're vacuum dust :P )

i bought some chicken sausage w/spinach & feta.  it looks delicious but i have no idea what i'm going to do with it.......  i've taken the package out of the friger 3 times and looked at it lolz 

IrishHeart Veteran

french cuisine:  lef d'ouvres   :)  hubs out of town and i'm lazy.  i'm lazy when he is *in* town, too, but when he's out, i just take it to a whole new lazy level.  (mleh, i vacuumed the upstairs - spiders were all like "dis is MAH house" - i beg to differ and now you're vacuum dust :P )

i bought some chicken sausage w/spinach & feta.  it looks delicious but i have no idea what i'm going to do with it.......  i've taken the package out of the friger 3 times and looked at it lolz 

I have found that staring at the package of meat only cooks it minimally. 

You may have to do something more to it, babes.

In the olden days (back when we rode dinosaurs to work) when hubs was out of town, I ate stoopid stuff.

The gourmet in me was not interested in cooking for 1, so I ate things like chip and dip, peanut butter and banana on toast,

and one time, I just ate cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream.

I could  theoretically eat any one of those right now, but my GI tract feels like NASCAR

came through, so maybe just the plain ice cream. the burger I thought I wanted....well, hubs had two burgers.

& thanks for making me laugh because nothing is funny right now (but that was!).big ole spider...dis is MAH hows"

dancing-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

notme Experienced

I have found that staring at the package of meat only cooks it minimally. 

You may have to do something more to it, babes.

In the olden days (back when we rode dinosaurs to work) when hubs was out of town, I ate stoopid stuff.

The gourmet in me was not interested in cooking for 1, so I ate things like chip and dip, peanut butter and banana on toast,

and one time, I just ate cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream.

I could  theoretically eat any one of those right now, but my GI tract feels like NASCAR

came through, so maybe just the plain ice cream. the burger I thought I wanted....well, hubs had two burgers.

& thanks for making me laugh because nothing is funny right now (but that was!).big ole spider...dis is MAH hows"

dancing-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

lolz - last night was (apples, crackers, swiss cheese, caramel dip <which i haven't burnt yet - 2 tries bwah hahahahaaa everybody keeps telling me i'm going to burn it.........  because my stove only has one setting........ "mom is cooking on high again"  *smoke alarm blares*  uhghghggggh  lolz

NASCAR??!!!  reminds me i miss my (misguided jimmie johnson fan)  NASCAR buddy - hope you are ok, ski-lisa xxoo

yeah, i was all like 'hahahaaaa!  spiders!  i'm a badass with a vacuum!  tell all your friends!  (oh, wait, you're dead...)'  holy crap, one or two cool nights and they're all like "HELL, no, we're all moving inside"  <NOT   <_<

hope you're feeling better soon - love, mr. hallmark (*snicker*)

come dance with me Enthusiast

We just had baked beans.  It's Wednesday night, it's the best I could do.  Tomorrow will be better.

love2travel Mentor

Herbed chicken thighs with marinated baby potatoes, carrots and marinated baby tomatoes all roasted together in one pan with a sublime white wine tarragon sauce. In town cooking for the next few days. Am making apple crisp using our apples and perhaps some focaccia if I have enough gumption.

Adalaide Mentor

For the record, and emg isn't nearly as bad as I thought. It is worse. Way, way, way worse. It involved more needles in my back which I swear felt like he stabbed me in the kidney. Then, just to insult me he stabbed me in the ass. <_< I promptly put my pants back on, made a beeline for the exit and took my wounded pride (and ass) to Sweet Cakes since I was in the city. Cupcakes make the world go round.

Chicken something is for supper. Not sure yet what but it'll come to me. I have 8 hours to figure it out and have it ready. I'd come live with L2 if you didn't live up in a frozen wasteland like 9 months a year or something like that. :P

Adalaide Mentor

Just so everyone knows, even if 3 out of 5 cupcakes you buy are mini cupcakes... if you eat 4 cupcakes while wallowing in self pity you will have a terrible stomach ache that almost makes you regret it. Almost, but not quite. :D

Adalaide Mentor

I feel like a human freaking being today! :D Sore and tender all over my leg and lower back but after the last week I'll take it. Sore and tender trumps actual pain every day of the week.

Tonight is BBQ pork loin, garlic tater wedges and a salad. Later tonight is the late late late show at the second run theater. Heading out to finally go see Lone Ranger. My daughter says its awesome, but she may be biased by her crush on Johnny. Although I think I sort of grossed her out when I told her his age (which is almost old enough to be MY father if he had become a parent at the age I did) and that I've had a crush on him since I was younger than her. :lol: Sometimes being a parent is hilariously fun in a really twisted way that involves warping young minds.

kareng Grand Master

Too much fancy smancy food! Here's what " real" people who have no idea what a cacitore or a braise or a spring onion is cooks ! :)

( another grammatically terrifying sentence)

Bisquick cheeseburger pie, green salad and some cantelope!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gluten-free-impossibly-easy-cheeseburger-pie/d85099e2-c64c-4328-9206-a8ffc3483710

Adalaide Mentor

Too much fancy smancy food! Here's what " real" people who have no idea what a cacitore or a braise or a spring onion is cooks ! :)

( another grammatically terrifying sentence)

Bisquick cheeseburger pie, green salad and some cantelope!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gluten-free-impossibly-easy-cheeseburger-pie/d85099e2-c64c-4328-9206-a8ffc3483710

Hahaha! I'm real people too. I didn't even really have to cook. I cut a few potatoes, sprayed them with olive oil and salted them. The loin was one of those oven perfect ones that you cook right in the bag it comes in. Salad from a bag. BAM! I'm with you. That's how us "real" people do dinner.

w8in4dave Community Regular

I absolutely love looking in here looking at what everyone cooked!! I do have to say, after becoming gluten free I was afraid to know what to do during this change over. 1st I cooked something glutenized for hubbs and cooked me something eles, It was hard!! I was used to tasting and using the same spoon and so so CC myself!! It was so hard to get used to... Then I decided to switch what ever I could to Gluten free .. Cream of mush soup, Noodles, other stuff like that. It makes it so much easier!! once in a while Hubbs will say he wants something like Glutened Mac and cheese or something silly like that! And I will cook it for him. But I am Telling you I am amazed at what you women cook !! You all are amazing!! Thanks so very much!! You all are inspiring!! :) 

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

I made a pork and leek stew last night so it is l'eft oevres for me tonight. Just as well, been getting kids back to school this week and I am exhausted!

Whole30 going well, as long as I remember to eat more protein than seems reasonable.

Ski, thinking of you every day and send healing dust for body mind and soul your way x

kareng Grand Master

Experimental Dinner tonight.  Unfortunately, I can't choose which new thing to make!

shadowicewolf Proficient

Chicken something maybe....not sure what exactly i'll make tonight, but it will have chicken in it.

Slow cooked chickpea curry again for tonight, I'll put it on in a couple of hours and let it cook for about 6 hours.

kareng Grand Master

Looks like we are having:

Corn bread crust Mexican chicken pizza, jalapeños stuffed with green onions, cream cheese and apple and wrapped in bacon, cantelope and chocolate PB cream cheese candy balls.