This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

come dance with me Enthusiast

Bangers - sausages.  The vegan variety though.

Tonight we're having sweet potato patties with mashed potato and pumpkin, corn on the cob and steamed beans and broccoli.  I tried looking for purple peruvian potatoes to make purple mashed potato but had no luck.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

w8in4dave Community Regular

I had a nice Spaghetti Squash with butter Yummy!! 

LauraTX Rising Star

Grilled chicken breasts with mashed potatoes and steamed fresh green beans.

Tomorrow I may do breakfast for dinner- bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns.  The best part of being a grown up is eating what you want, when you want!  I never eat that kind of stuff for breakfast.

Adalaide Mentor

I love breakfast for dinner. I usually make pancakes for us, with scrambled eggs and meat. I keep my hashbrowns for the mornings when I'm alone because my husband won't eat them. (weirdo)

Tonight I made alredo for my husband. He fell in love with the Prego bacon alfredo sauce which I can't eat because of soy but by all reports from him it is awesome.

LauraTX Rising Star

Adalaide, I'm sure it would be very simple to make your own bacon alfredo, even with a pre-made sauce, because of the fat content.  I would just cook some chopped up bacon in a pan, drain out most of the grease, and add the alfredo sauce and simmer it a bit.  It would probably be even better than the jarred version because you can go overboard on the bacon and pig out..... oh gosh I am hungry now!  

Adalaide Mentor

There is some sort of stupid rule in my dietary crap about parmesan cheese. I have a whole bunch of reasons I'm not supposed to have alfredo sauce, I just can't have my husband's favorite kind because of the soy. When I can't take it any more I indulge in a little Classico alfredo if I'm too lazy to make my own. I never worry about fat content in anything, I'm just not supposed to have bacon either. (for reasons) :ph34r:

Tonight my husband told me he is going to bring something home for me as a surprise for dinner. I'm a little scared and a little excited....mostly scared.

LauraTX Rising Star

Yesterday: Breakfast for dinner- Hash Browns, Scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, bacon, and OJ.  

Today: Homemade hamburgers on the george foreman grill, with Local Oven buns and baked beans for the side.

Tomorrow:  Conte's gluten-free spinach gnocchi with garlicky tomato sauce and romano.  With steamed green beans.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

Tonight my husband told me he is going to bring something home for me as a surprise for dinner. I'm a little scared and a little excited....mostly scared.

:o   hide! 

thurs - the gabrielle special - seared scallops, bacon, spinach salad with mandarin oranges, poppy seed dressing (brianna's is the best and i can not fake it!)  with extra sharp white chedda (youngest was home from school for a day or so - long enough for mom to make her favorite, get a new cellphone, get free dinner at red robin, and gas $$)

last night was shrimp tacos on corn tortillas <husband hates the corn tortillas)(ok, i don't like them either) with mango salsa (and i think mangos hate me, too)  so that was a bust

tonight we had CHICKEN SPINACH & FETA SAUSAGE in what was supposed to be lasagne but turned out to be macaroni & feta cheese sauce with ricotta.........surprisingly tasty (and i need to get more lasagne noodles - it's the Surprise Pantry - Surprise!  you only have 3 lasagne noodles in what you thought was a full box :wacko::lol: )

hey, ih, the sausage was pre-cooked - must have been all that staring at it LOLZ :P  i got microwave eyes - always wondered why my goose was always cooked ;)

shadowicewolf Proficient

Corn tortillas are awesome :ph34r:

I am planning on trying to make pizza this weekend, if everything goes as planned.

Am i the only one that gets slightly ill when i smell gluten-y pizza?

Adalaide Mentor

I get a little nauseous from the smell of fresh bread. Nothing else, just fresh bread. I was quite a baker before diagnosis and my favorite thing to make was always breads, including artisans breads. Its entirely a mental reaction. I don't get that from pizza, baked sweet things, anything else at all. Just bread. Oh well.

My surprise was chicken nuggets. Which was fine by me because I'm still sore from my stupid dental work and can't really chew anything with substance. Its usually a week or two for me so I'm just waiting it out right now and trying to enjoy my softish foods with patience. Hah!

notme Experienced

Corn tortillas are awesome :ph34r:

I am planning on trying to make pizza this weekend, if everything goes as planned.

Am i the only one that gets slightly ill when i smell gluten-y pizza?

i should clarify - because corn tortillas *are* awesome - just not as a sub for what clearly could have used a flour tortilla.   it really was a sucky combination.  they turned sort of mushy and soaked up the juice from the salsa, then they broke apart.   i like corn tortillas for other things :) 

it's funny you say that - i got nauseas walking into a food court last weekend!  it was like an overwhelming wave of gross smells.  it's happened one or two other times <mcdonalds just smells blech  <_< but i used to love the food court...

shadowicewolf Proficient

i should clarify - because corn tortillas *are* awesome - just not as a sub for what clearly could have used a flour tortilla.   it really was a sucky combination.  they turned sort of mushy and soaked up the juice from the salsa, then they broke apart.   i like corn tortillas for other things :)

it's funny you say that - i got nauseas walking into a food court last weekend!  it was like an overwhelming wave of gross smells.  it's happened one or two other times <mcdonalds just smells blech  <_< but i used to love the food court...

I can see that, nothin' worse than a soggy corn tortilla.

Yep, it happened a bit earlier today as well. Whats up with that? <_< I also can't stand the smell of gluten-y cakes/pies/cookies.

IrishHeart Veteran

i got nauseas walking into a food court last weekend!  it was like an overwhelming wave of gross smells. 

I honestly cannot stand the smell of lots of things. I have super-nose, chemical sensitivities and I do not think it is the  "gluten smell "making us nauseous. I think it is chemically-laden fast food garbage making us nauseous. We eat cleanly now, Our bodies reject all that crap. It's partly psychosomatic and partly real-live rejection. I have read this, so I am not making this up. I think an article by Melinda Dennis, RD that covers why we may have other food intolerances, including chemical sensitivities. I can look it up, but not right now, so a pinky swear, relying on some street cred will have to do for now. -_- 

Dinner on Saturday was a celebratory, welcome to your new home state dinner out at Bonefish Grille. Excellent gluten-free menu, safe kitchen, knowledgeable staff.

Chilean sea bass with mango salsa and asparagus

Last night was pork tenderloin with carmelized onions and a roasted carnival squash. Yum.

Tonight may well be chicken....have to go see what's in the fridge. 

ADDY I hope you are feeling better.

KAREN I hope you are enjoying the ICDS in Chicago. Kiss Dr. Fasano for me. 

love2travel Mentor

Back in town for the day. Out back house/dogsitting tonight til Wednesday then packing then going to Croatia! WHEW! And in between times must do something with my billions of tomatoes and apples and bags full of herbs.

We are having breakfast for dinner, too...

Creamy cheddar grits with bacon and poached eggs on top. Can you not just imagine how wondrous this will taste?

How did I neglect to mention that the back bacon roasts in the oven with sprigs of rosemary pressed into it? For shame.

Edited by love2travel
GF Lover Rising Star

Irish had told be about Ronzini Pasta.  I just had the Penne Rigata with Marinara sauce last night and finished the leftovers a bit ago.

YUMMY

notme Experienced

last night was:  chicken with mushroom gravy (loves my herb garden - lots of sage, thyme, rosemary really made it tasty!)  mashed potatoes, carrots  :)

today i'm going to the publix - who knows what dinner will be tonight - mystery dinner woooooooooooooo scaryyyyyyy.......

maybe col. mustard with the lead pipe in the library........  ;)

kareng Grand Master

"Tacos" require a fried shell.  They should be corn.  "real" Mexicans I know, put the filling on the corn tortilla and cook it in a skillet with some oil.

KAREN I hope you are enjoying the ICDS in Chicago. Kiss Dr. Fasano for me. 

He had enough groupies around him.  He may have thought I was a stalker because I kept trying to get a nice pic of him for IH~!

IrishHeart Veteran

He had enough groupies around him.  He may have thought I was a stalker because I kept trying to get a nice pic of him for IH~!

and you succeeded..!! .thanks. I lurvs that guy! :)

I had  hogfish last night. Just a truly succulent, delicate white fish along with scallops for the hubs with some sugar snap peas and a tossed salad. I also ate about 8 shrimp ---gasp!---and am thrilled to report no real histamine issues. yaay! 

A lovely filet mignon is tonight's fare with potatoes and asparagus..... then, we are going to something called Jammin Jensen--which means FUN stuff to do on Thursday nights in town. Music, food vendors, art work, etc. Big difference from living secluded in the countryside all those years.

Sadly, I have to avoid  the wine and gin and citrus/acids for a while. crying-girl.gif geesh, no oranges?? whatthe....My GI doc noted "gastritis" in my report and taking those out will heal it right up, he says... but hey, he gave me the thumbs up on healthy villi --whoohooo! (a few polyps and some intestinal scarring--common in long unDxed types, but otherwise--it was all good news) But the "gastritis" thinger explains the occassional nausea and gut woozies (I knew I wasn't glutened and I surely knew I wasn't pregnant! LOL

This weekend, I may make some turkey/black bean chili. Maybe some corn muffins for the hubs. Now that I can access the PODS container with all my stuff in it, I can cook and bake some more. yaaay! again. 

IrishHeart Veteran

ok, well, this is very exciting...and the hubs is thrilled...we have learned about an Italian place with a gluten-free menu and a dedicated pizza oven "to avoid CC" --as they say on the website--and maybe we'll have to check it out in the weeks to come.  

come dance with me Enthusiast

Nacho night tonight.  Tomorrow we're having a stir-fry.  Sunday we're making spinach pastry puffs with roast veges.  Monday we're having pasta. 

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm making mac and cheese... and carrots...

kareng Grand Master

We had oven chicken& spinach risotto. Always a big hit with my guys!

IrishHeart Veteran

We had oven chicken& spinach risotto. Always a big hit with my guys!

that sounds like yum

GF Lover Rising Star

Well....I was raving about my pasta and marinara sauce.  What I forgot was that Barty had told me about nightshades and joint pain and I decided to do a test.  after 3 or four days without indulging in the forbidden foods I could hold my coffee cup with no problem (My fingers are my problem area).  Then, having forgot about nightshades, I have the new pasta which I might add that this is all Irish's fault because I was trying a new pasta SHE had told me about and BOOM, I can't hold my coffee cup this morning which I desperately need cuz I'm up do darn early.

My conclusion is:  My finger pain can improve without nightshades and its all Irish's fault :P

IrishHeart Veteran

Well....I was raving about my pasta and marinara sauce.  What I forgot was that Barty had told me about nightshades and joint pain and I decided to do a test.  after 3 or four days without indulging in the forbidden foods I could hold my coffee cup with no problem (My fingers are my problem area).  Then, having forgot about nightshades, I have the new pasta which I might add that this is all Irish's fault because I was trying a new pasta SHE had told me about and BOOM, I can't hold my coffee cup this morning which I desperately need cuz I'm up do darn early.

My conclusion is:  My finger pain can improve without nightshades and its all Irish's fault :P

(1) My mom recommended the pasta. ^_^

(2) Pasta is not a night shade. :P

(3) I did not tell you to put tomato sauce on it, now did I? noooooo.. :lol:

(4) but, if  you want to blame me, I can handle it. As the youngest in my family, I am used to getting blamed for lots of stuff. <_<

I may have overused the emoticons there, but it was fun.