This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GF Lover Rising Star

Wow Irish....I saw your recipe for pie crust and I think I blacked out from panic at that point because I missed the link.  I got it saved now, Thank You.

Thanks Lori, I am confident it will be delicious (Irish made me say that) :lol:

Colleen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

:lol:  hey coll....if all else fails, you have my number...call me 

Dinner tonight was a huge "okee dokee....let's try something we have not had in years." experiment

I got some no additives, no MSG, G F all natural, blah blah blah Italian sweet sausages at BJs. (and yeah, I paid a fortune for them)

and I made peppers and onions and put it all on a big old G F hoagie with mozzarella (and thank YOU, UDI's for making a decent bun so

I can take a night off)

with a side of potato salad. I make mine with hard boiled eggs, dill, a splash of red wine vinegar and olive oil mayo.

I swear, the hubs can't stop smiling. A happy hubs is a productive hubs. ;)

Adalaide Mentor

I always look at all those fancy safe for me sausages when I see them but they're like a bazillion dollars so I nearly always pass. It sounds awesome though, especially as a hoagie! People here think hoagies are weird. I just feel like making faces at them and telling them that I think subs are weird. :P

I realized as I was getting ready for bed last night that when I grabbed my pills I hadn't taken them Friday night. Which means I ate beans on Friday, forgot my topamax and still had no vision problems. Woohoo! Nothing still after chili last night so I think I may be good on kidney beans, I'll just have to temper them carefully because while they're fine on my vision they're not so fine on my body if I'm not careful. Oopies. :ph34r: Was totally worth it... omg it was so good!

Tonight is a pork roast and roasted apples. I'll probably do some garlic taters for hubs because he won't eat cooked apples. (they're mushy)

I got that food app thinger. I went last night and got my new phone, I settled on an iphone for sure and got an early Christmas/bday present in the form of getting the 5c instead of the free 4s. I like it and I'm keeping it for sure, so I went for the app and will probably spend some time this afternoon playing with it and seeing all the stuff it does. I'm still trying to figure out the phone, it is NOT like an android. :mellow: But it's pink so whatever. B)

IrishHeart Veteran

Ok, I lied (but not on purpose!)

I thought they were a fortune, but I checked the sales slip and they were only $7.99 for 12 sausages in total.

That's not that bad. They were very good. No indigestion, no histamine ickies, nuttin!  so, yaay.

Tonight is a prime rib roast, with some roasted rutabaga, potatoes and brussel sprouts.

and double chocolate gelato (yes, it's Sunday again ! my how the week flew by)

ItchyAbby Enthusiast

Tonight:

Pumpkin chili with avocado cream (I just harvested the last of the peppers and the first of the pumpkins!)

I might make some kind of cornbread muffins (with lard!  :D ) if I am feeling ambitious.

And a Salad, of course, probably with pears.

and double chocolate gelato (yes, it's Sunday again ! my how the week flew by)

What brand of gelato do you like? I am counting the days until I can eat it again...and they are too long!

IrishHeart Veteran

What brand of gelato do you like? I am counting the days until I can eat it again...and they are too long!

Abs,

I like to make my own, but my ice cream maker is packed in a PODS container right now.(long story lol)

So, I found this brand Talenti....and they are all gluten-free except one. Cookie something or other.

Here:

https://talentigelato.com/our-products/

ItchyAbby Enthusiast

Yes! That's the one I love! They have a few flavors that do not have eggs in them, so it will be one of the first things in line when I can get off the low-iodine train.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

You should see the piles of snow!  We are in the middle of a serious blizzard.  I can hardly see across the street it is blowing so hard.  When I took our dog for our morning walk the snow went over my knee-high boots.  The driving snow really hurts.  Have I ever mentioned I DESPISE our winters?  I really, really do.  :angry:

We were going to have bangers and mash the other day but plans changed.  Soooooo, tonight we are having:

Roast Plump Cumberland sausages

Creamy Leek and Potato Mash

Apple Cider Slaw

Vanilla Bean/Cinnamon Roasted Pears

Irish, I am so jealous!  What could be better than rare prime rib?  Not a lot.  :wub:   Well, maybe a few things but I am not listing 'em!  ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Irish, I am so jealous!  What could be better than rare prime rib?  Not a lot.  :wub:   Well, maybe a few things but I am not listing 'em!  ;)

list'me list 'em go ahead, I dare ya. ;)

aside from "that" (yowzah!!) does champagne work for you?

I am having some veuve clicquot  right now (histamines, be damned!) to commence Birthday month/holiday season/anniversary, etc etc.!!

Plus, I use the closed oven method for that prime rib. mmmhmm...I am sure you know what that means ;) with a horseradish cream.

snow ? qu'est qui se.. snow?  :lol: 

love2travel Mentor

lists'm list 'em go ahead, I dare ya. ;)

aside from "that" (yowzah!!) does champagne:-P work for you?

I am having some veuve clicquot  right now (histamines, be damned!) to commence Birthday month/holiday season/anniversary, etc etc.!!

Plus, I use the closed oven method for that prime rib. mmmhmm...I am sure you know what that means ;) with a horseradish cream.

snow ? qu'est qui se.. snow?  :lol: 

I forget how to spell certain things so am afraid I cannot list them at this time.

You deserve that champagne! Happy everything! And have fun with some this and some that.

The oven method is the best way methinks. It is amazing what can be done in the kitchen! Hee hee...

Snow is nauseating. Especially with the ice, broken branches, etc. Snow=cruel and unusual punishment. Don't tell me you don't get snow in Florida??!!

shadowicewolf Proficient

I forget how to spell certain things so am afraid I cannot list them at this time.

You deserve that champagne! Happy everything! And have fun with some this and some that.

The oven method is the best way methinks. It is amazing what can be done in the kitchen! Hee hee...

Snow is nauseating. Especially with the ice, broken branches, etc. Snow=cruel and unusual punishment. Don't tell me you don't get snow in Florida??!!

It can snow in FL, but its really super rare and when it does, only in the northern parts.

IrishHeart Veteran

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  stop it, I can't see from the laughing tears in my eyes.

between the other 2 threads and emails, I'm gonna wee my pants

love2travel Mentor

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  stop it, I can't see from the laughing tears in my eyes.

between the other 2 threads and emails, I'm gonna wee my pants

Whatever do you mean??? Tee hee...
IrishHeart Veteran

Whatever do you mean??? Tee hee...

troublemaker  :lol:  :lol:

love2travel Mentor

troublemaker  :lol:  :lol:

Oh, you mean THAT. And here I thought it was summat else.

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh, you mean THAT. And here I thought it was summat else.

:lol:  that's it. I am done hahahahahahaha snort,..laptop spit......... and she's gone to pee...........

love2travel Mentor

:lol:  that's it. I am done hahahahahahaha snort,..laptop spit......... and she's gone to pee...........

Please help me figure out what you are talking about. I don't get it. Wink, wink.

IrishHeart Veteran

Please help me figure out what you are talking about. I don't get it. Wink, wink.

really? going with the feigned innocent thinger? okay, sweet friend. hahaha wink wink yerself

Gotta go now guys, my roast smells "ready" love you guys.  caio.

ItchyAbby Enthusiast

I can help. I am well-versed in these things. She is almost certainly talking about gelato. *beams proudly*

IrishHeart Veteran

I can help. I am well-versed in these things. She is almost certainly talking about gelato. *beams proudly*

lol ok, loving the Abbster. ;)

love2travel Mentor

Yes! She's one of us!!!!!

love2travel Mentor

You are brill.

Speaking of gelato...what is your favourite flavour? I have been to Italy lots 'n lots and my faves include grapefruit, limone, meringue, wild strawberry...anything tart and/or fruity. Also love pistachio and chestnut.

ItchyAbby Enthusiast

:D

You are brill.

Speaking of gelato...what is your favourite flavour? I have been to Italy lots 'n lots and my faves include grapefruit, limone, meringue, wild strawberry...anything tart and/or fruity. Also love pistachio and chestnut.

I love pistachio and amaretto and hazelnut - any of the nuts flavors, really, though I have not had chestnut and now must - M U S T - find some. Does it taste like roasted chestnuts? (Gawd, I love the smell of roasting chestnuts) I am also very fond of just sweet cream gelato or ice cream - pure n simple. Dammit. Now I want gelato!

love2travel Mentor

:D

I love pistachio and amaretto and hazelnut - any of the nuts flavors, really, though I have not had chestnut and now must - M U S T - find some. Does it taste like roasted chestnuts? (Gawd, I love the smell of roasting chestnuts) I am also very fond of just sweet cream gelato or ice cream - pure n simple. Dammit. Now I want gelato!

It tastes precisely like roasting chestnuts. Thankfully the gelato is scrumptious in Croatia as well. Oh, how did hazelnut not end up on my list? Yum!!
kareng Grand Master

A great Xmas gift for the Celiac in a shared household. 

http://www.myrume.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=1009&PK=ac3c3702-0750-4284-94ac-af2c412c63d8

All seasonal cutting boards & serving
trays on sale through this Friday,
November 8th.

Apply code 'holidays' upon checkout
to take advantage of this sale special!