Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

Spinach fritatta with black olives and oregano (garden!!)

Brown Rice with Carrots

Kiwi

Ads by Google:

<_< OOH. I haven't had single malt in years. Over a decade.

Tonight we ate like peasants, and it was really good. I made potato pancakes and homade chicken soup.

We had salad later, and I made a bomb dressing with chopped fresh herbs, leftover hummus, left-over balsalmic vinagrette, grated cucumber and coarse mustard. I stuck my immersion blender in the bowl and the dressing ended up all over the place, including my face, walls and appliances. I haven't checked the ceiling.

Thank God for profanity. That dressing probably never would have made it if I hadn't been able to really curse.

(The really stupid part is that I'd do it again, because it was the first really delicious creamy salad dressing I've made ever, even pre-gluten-free.)

Have you ever tried a mortar and pestle? I use it often for salad dressing and it works beautifully. (Start with raw garlic and salt, and add herbs, then liquids and mustard.)

I went to my son and DIL's and brought potato salad. My son grilled hamburgers (I 'grilled' him on the state of his grill yesterday...pun intended), I brought my own hamburger bun and mayo. My DIL fixed Caprese salad (yum!), had relishes, fruit and made gluten-free Betty Crocker brownies for dessert. I got to meet their new 4-month old puppy...also brought my dog. It's hotter than blazes here so we ate indoors. Fun day!

Quinoa salad with beet stalks and cucumbers

the chicken turned out really good. That rotissery was the best investment we ever made. The carrots were 'glazed' with butter and brown sugar i think :huh: Never the less it was still good.

Tacos tonight. Easy peasy.

Rotisserie chicken, sweet peas and rice.

Last night we had chicken pasta salad with olives, marinated artichoke hearts, onion, celery and broccoli, with italian dressing.

Leftover chili. :D

pancakes and cheesey eggs :D

I don't believe any of you people are actually making all these yummy things! I am thinking about coming round to your homes to check on the quality of the food! Will require good planning so I don't have to back track. B)

I can't even imagine dinner tonight. I'm so out of ideas. If only there were a thread wherein everyone posted their dinner ideas.....

Korean marinated beef skewers on bibb lettuce with sesame dressing; bay infused Jasmine rice; shaved raw asparagus salad with Parmesan shards and lemon vinaigrette. Again, coconut layer cake with coconut buttercream for dessert.

Tonight I'm going out so I brought a sandwich on Udi's to work.

Tomorrow... Chicken legs, baked in the oven with a little butter and lots of Tabasco sauce (brand name is gluten-free unless you are too sensitive for vinegar). It tastes kind of like hot wings. Brown rice in the cooker, and I'll steam some broccoli.

I don't believe any of you people are actually making all these yummy things! I am thinking about coming round to your homes to check on the quality of the food! Will require good planning so I don't have to back track. B)

It's called freeloading, I believe :rolleyes:

It's called freeloading, I believe :rolleyes:

I prefer to think of it as " fact checking".

Some leftover turkey burgers with fresh chives wrapped with lettuce, pickles and roasted onions....roasted veggies on the side. Fresh fruit. glass of chardonnay or two, it was a very hot day!

Korean marinated beef skewers on bibb lettuce with sesame dressing; bay infused Jasmine rice; shaved raw asparagus salad with Parmesan shards and lemon vinaigrette. Again, coconut layer cake with coconut buttercream for dessert.

Would love the recipes!!!!

Come on over! The chicken is gone, but if you get here soon you can have some of the strawberries I'm eating now for my dessert. :)

I want strawberries!

Quinoa pasta w/ a touch of pizza sauce, lots of spinach, a few stray bits of frozen yellow squash, black olives, fresh oregano, and pecorino romano

Blueberries and cherries with a spoonful of sunbutter

(pizza sauce = tomato sauce with so much garlic and herbs that you don't so much notice the tomatoes)

Teriyaki chicken on rice. Served with broccoli and beans for me and carrot sticks and celery for Mr Man.

Last night was roasted pork belly (with crackle), roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots. Followed up with a yummy rich chilled chocolate custard/pudding. nom, nom, nom.

hamburger patties with mustard and mayo.

I got organic hamburger meat (on sale) ground turkey (not organic, but on sale) and mixed them together with some garlic, salt, pepper, and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Molded the meat into patties between parchment paper and stuck them in the freezer. They separate nicely and you can do a quick meal with them.

I want strawberries!

You'll have to get Kareng to pick you up on the way. I have plenty left! I was going to freeze them but if y'all get here by morning you can have them over some gluten-free/DF/SF pancakes. :D

Tonight I'm making chicken enchiladas and chocolate cake (gluten-free/DS) for my husband's birthday.