Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

Turkey soup from the bones of last week's turkey and gluten-free cornbread. Maybe some salad.

Ads by Google:

Some hard low fat cheddar and fruit to start. Then some sweet and sour chicken stir fry. I'm getting bored with my food lately, time to hit the recipes to find something different. Trying to get thoughts of kettle potato chips out of my head!

Half a pound of snow pea stir-fried with about 1/2 c brown rice, 1/2 an onion, 1 carrot, deep fried tofu, and clean out the peanut butter jar peanut sauce.

Would have been brilliant EXCEPT I forgot the trim the ends off the snow peas. Ooops.

My husband worked late so I didn't have to cook! YAY! A night off for me is really rare.

I had some watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, some corn chips with cream cheese and salsa, a few slices of lunch meat roast beef and a glass of milk.

You'll have to get Kareng to pick you up on the way. I have plenty left! I was going to freeze them but if y'all get here by morning you can have them over some gluten-free/DF/SF pancakes. :D

Mmmmmm... pancakes with strawberries.

Rack of pork (Smithfield) ribs, rubbed generously with Emeril's Original Rib Rub Seasoning (in the morning) and baked in the oven - until desired crispness....Grill works too on low, low, low.

Corn on the cob

Cesar salad.

Tonight we had Pork Ribs and Sauerkraut... YUM! It's an old family recipe handed down for generations... and sooooo good! It felt like a good night for some German cuisine! As my mom says... you have to serve it with baked squash and of course applesauce... its THE LAW! lol ;)

Tonight we had Pork Ribs and Sauerkraut... YUM! It's an old family recipe handed down for generations... and sooooo good! It felt like a good night for some German cuisine! As my mom says... you have to serve it with baked squash and of course applesauce... its THE LAW! lol ;)

Yum! I often get Germany food cravings, too.

Tonight we are having:

Moroccan Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Passionfruit Glaze

Smashed Potatoes with Buttermilk and Chives

Cardamon Glazed Roast Carrots

Strawberry Shortcake with Sherry Syrup

We're having pizza tonight. One with roasted garlic, caramelized onions with fontina and mozzarella cheese and some fresh basil, the other plain pepperoni for the kiddos. We haven't had pizza in awhile, so I'm kinda excited. :)

Tonight I made stuffed bell peppers with hamburger, tomatoes, rice, a little cheese and tomato sauce. They were sooooo good!

We're having pizza tonight. One with roasted garlic, caramelized onions with fontina and mozzarella cheese and some fresh basil, the other plain pepperoni for the kiddos. We haven't had pizza in awhile, so I'm kinda excited. :)

I don't blame you - I would be excited, too! The caramelized onion, roasted garlic with those cheeses is marvelous.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich for my daughter and French Toast for my son . . . because apparently, I'm a freakin' short order cook a loving and caring mother!!! :P:lol::lol:

Grilled skinless chicken thighs that I marinated overnight in Memphis style (safe homemade and tangy/spicy) BBQ sauce, grilled sweet taters, salad. Fresh sweet cherries for dessert. Yum.

Tonight I made: Lightly breaded chicken breasts (with homemade gluten-free bread crumbs of course), baked potato, fresh steamed asparagus with a light lemon sauce over the chicken and asparagus... YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grilled Cheese Sandwich for my daughter and French Toast for my son . . . because apparently, I'm a freakin' short order cook a loving and caring mother!!! :P:lol::lol:

LOL I remember the days!!

Today is very cold - not a lot above freezing so to sum up supper: Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya!

We are supposed to get down to -3C tonight so am worried about all my pepper, tomato, basil, etc. plants. :( I just planted them this week and they have been doing so nicely. I absolutely killed my back doing it although they are in raised beds and cringe at the thought of replacing them.

Today is very cold - not a lot above freezing so to sum up supper: Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya!

We are supposed to get down to -3C tonight so am worried about all my pepper, tomato, basil, etc. plants. :( I just planted them this week and they have been doing so nicely. I absolutely killed my back doing it although they are in raised beds and cringe at the thought of replacing them.

That sounds delicious, but OMG! Where do you live?? We're complaining because of the heat here!

That sounds delicious, but OMG! Where do you live?? We're complaining because of the heat here!

We live in northern Alberta but thankfully not in the area where there are catastrophic forest fires. Actually, that puts things into perspective.

This is unusually cold, even for here. To speak in gardening terms, we have on average only 87 frost-free days per year and are Zone 1a. No wonder I cannot wait to live in Croatia!!

Chicken, chorizo, red,green and yellow peppers, mushrooms,garlic and onions(all organic except chirizo) stir-fried in olive oil and served with soured cream and salsa in gluten-free pitta bread. Accompanied by a nice red wine!

Chicken, chorizo, red,green and yellow peppers, mushrooms,garlic and onions(all organic except chirizo) stir-fried in olive oil and served with soured cream and salsa in gluten-free pitta bread. Accompanied by a nice red wine!

Sounds good! Where do you find gluten-free pitas (what brand)? Or do you make them? I have seen recipes, I think, but I have not been brave enough to try making them. With the hot weather a pita sounds faboulous!

Where do you find gluten-free pitas (what brand)? Or do you make them?

Exactly what I was thinking . . . inquiring minds want to know!!!

I buy them in Tesco. It's their own Free From range and are free from gluten, wheat and milk.

Leftover scalloped sweet potatoes and ground beef

http://www.food.com/recipe/scalloped-sweet-potatoes-with-ground-beef-88523

I replaced the flour with cornstarch and used wheat free soy sauce. It is probably more of a fall recipe, but it was actually a little chilly in my area yesterday and felt like fall so it was fitting. I am looking forward to the leftovers. I LOVE sweet potatoes!

Leftover scalloped sweet potatoes and ground beef

http://www.food.com/recipe/scalloped-sweet-potatoes-with-ground-beef-88523

I replaced the flour with cornstarch and used wheat free soy sauce. It is probably more of a fall recipe, but it was actually a little chilly in my area yesterday and felt like fall so it was fitting. I am looking forward to the leftovers. I LOVE sweet potatoes!

Oh, that sounds good! Thanks for shaing! I might have to try making it in the slow cooker. There's no way I'm turning on my oven. We are in the upper 90's here today. I STILL don't know what to make for dinner. I'm leaning toward turkey sandwiches on toasted Udi's bread and baby carrots because I really don't want to cook.

Island chicken (marinated baked chicken), brown rice, steamed broccoli