This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

LauraTX Rising Star

We did a late valentines date at a Brazilian Churascaria place, all you can eat steak, all the meat is gluten-free with gluten-free cheese rolls.  So stuffed, it was great :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

cahill Collaborator

Last nights dinner ( and leftovers for breakfast ) was root vegetable  hash with just a smidgin :P of corned beef involved  :D 

GF Lover Rising Star

I found these Cadbury large eggs filled with Caramel.  Yes, I caved and they are so good.  As expected, I have a mouth full of cold sores red around the lips, every joint aching and my neck is needing some sandpaper.

Was so worth is tho :wub:

Adalaide Mentor

I found these Cadbury large eggs filled with Caramel.  Yes, I caved and they are so good.  As expected, I have a mouth full of cold sores red around the lips, every joint aching and my neck is needing some sandpaper.

We all have these moments don't we? I did this over the weekend with some parmesan cheese. I feel like I'm on fire but I'd do it again. I know I have no business even having that stuff in the house but sometimes things just... happen when I'm at the store. :ph34r:

moosemalibu Collaborator

I saw these in the market... and I google searched them to see if they were safe eats.. and got the 'at your own risk' statement. Reluctantly put them back. 

GF Lover Rising Star

I saw these in the market... and I google searched them to see if they were safe eats.. and got the 'at your own risk' statement. Reluctantly put them back. 

Don't worry Malibu, they did not gluten me, they histamined me.  

shadowicewolf Proficient

Do you guys have any good Japanese recipes?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

moosemalibu Collaborator

Don't worry Malibu, they did not gluten me, they histamined me.  

Now why did you have to go and tell me that?! I had pushed them aside in my brain as a non-option. Now I'll be fantasizing about the cream filled eggs until I eat one ;)

Adalaide Mentor

My carrot soup ended up waiting until last night. The recipe is simply carrots, spring onions, celery, butter, broth, cook til soft, blend, add cream, salt and white pepper. It doesn't need flour to thicken it because it doesn't get enough broth to be thin. And that recipe you linked looks interesting, but just overpowering with the flavors. I like the simple yet rich flavor of mine. It is very like the soup I got at a fancy restaurant at an uncle's wedding years ago which is when I fell in love with carrot soup. I got leeks in my basket, but didn't have any celery or onions in the house so just did a leek instead as an experiment. I figured it's a soup food. This batch was entirely white/yellow carrots and delicious! I'm so happy that I've gotten comfortable playing with my food and recipes.

Today was an early (for me) appointment with my doctor then an afternoon at the library. We had a late lunch when I got home that may end up being a substitute for dinner. Just a burger on a toasted bun and a huge bowl of leftover soup for me. (He had something gross and gluteny.)

notme Experienced

ham & swiss samwich w/jalapeno olive salad and claussen pickles (almost a cubano, sans the mojo pork)

i think i ate everything in the house today.  except 10 cupcakes <and they are cringing in fear <_<

sorry for your loss, addy  :(  extra prayers for the family........ 

hey, ski lisa!  ready for some daytona???!!!  i'm renaming NASCAR = A$$CAR.  did you hear about all the changes they are making to the chase................... and qualifiying...........  :(  idiots................

love2 - i don't care what sort of diet you're on, i still want to eat at your house!!!!  

moosemalibu Collaborator

ham & swiss samwich w/jalapeno olive salad and claussen pickles (almost a cubano, sans the mojo pork)

i think i ate everything in the house today.  except 10 cupcakes <and they are cringing in fear <_<

sorry for your loss, addy  :(  extra prayers for the family........ 

hey, ski lisa!  ready for some daytona???!!!  i'm renaming NASCAR = A$$CAR.  did you hear about all the changes they are making to the chase................... and qualifiying...........  :(  idiots................

love2 - i don't care what sort of diet you're on, i still want to eat at your house!!!!  

NASCAR has been worthless since the COT and the Chase. I used to be a big fan and they've ruined the sport. Absolutely ruined it. 

And back to our regularly scheduled posting about dinner:

I feel like poo so I had rice and chicken tonight. Still having random flare ups in the "D" department.. chocking it up to healing but who knows. I don't think I've been CC'd or anything. New Jennie-O roasted turkey breast yesterday for dinner and today for lunch. That's the only new thing. Sigh... 

shadowicewolf Proficient

I guess no one knows of any good japanese recipes huh?

GottaSki Mentor

hey, ski lisa!  ready for some daytona???!!!  i'm renaming NASCAR = A$$CAR.  did you hear about all the changes they are making to the chase................... and qualifiying...........  :(  

Ugh...Idiots!!!

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/1/30/chase-for-the-nascar-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html

Clear as mud  :wacko:

A$$CAR is perfect  :lol: and I'm stealing it  :P

What the hell was wrong with racing straight out until all the races in the season were done?  There were plenty of points to go 'round.  Never been a fan of the chase....polishing a turd doesn't make it smell any better  ;)

All that said it is Daytona....guess I'll watch and try to figure out a basic understanding of the new hoops, but I'm not happy 'bout it.

Hmmm sad...talking cup racing used to make me want to use this guy  :wub:

GottaSki Mentor

I guess no one knows of any good japanese recipes huh?

Hi Shadow!

What you thinking of making?  Stir fry, teriyaki, sushi, tempora???

cahill Collaborator

Cooked rice & red onions  stir- fried in olive oil with 2  (dippy :P ) eggs

IrishHeart Veteran

Now that I have located my good pans in the pile of boxes and I have some food in the fridge, I can cook properly. whooohoo!

Sunday was a roasted turkey breast, sweet potato fries with a tarragon mayo and broccoli.

Monday was pork tenderloin with fig glaze, roasted root veggies and cinnamon applesauce.

Tuesday was herbed chicken, sauteed baby yukon gold potatoes in butter and white truffle oil and thin zucchini zoodles.

Tonight is a morrocan  tagine with lamb and all sorts of spices over mashed sweet potatoes. 

Karen, I upgraded to a bigger crock pot. I know you will be so proud.  :D

kareng Grand Master

Karen, I upgraded to a bigger crock pot. I know you will be so proud.  :D

You should really have several sizes.   :P

IrishHeart Veteran

You should really have several sizes.   :P

Well, now I have two. That's all I have room for.  :D

notme Experienced

NASCAR has been worthless since the COT and the Chase. I used to be a big fan and they've ruined the sport. Absolutely ruined it. 

And back to our regularly scheduled posting about dinner:

I feel like poo so I had rice and chicken tonight. Still having random flare ups in the "D" department.. chocking it up to healing but who knows. I don't think I've been CC'd or anything. New Jennie-O roasted turkey breast yesterday for dinner and today for lunch. That's the only new thing. Sigh... 

lolz - you better not say anything bad about the car of tomorrow, jamie, A$$CAR will fine you!!  ^_^  

(in this chat thread, we go off topic quite a bit!  as you can see....:)  )

certain additives in deli meats don't agree with me - not gluten - like nitrates, etc.  i usually try to stick with boar's head - for some reason that brand doesn't bother me.  ideally, my hubs got a slicer from santa claus, i would love to smoke my own ham, turkey, etc and slice it home made.  but that hasn't happened yet.  i hope you feel better!

Ugh...Idiots!!!

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/1/30/chase-for-the-nascar-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html

Clear as mud  :wacko:

A$$CAR is perfect  :lol: and I'm stealing it  :P

What the hell was wrong with racing straight out until all the races in the season were done?  There were plenty of points to go 'round.  Never been a fan of the chase....polishing a turd doesn't make it smell any better  ;)

All that said it is Daytona....guess I'll watch and try to figure out a basic understanding of the new hoops, but I'm not happy 'bout it.

Hmmm sad...talking cup racing used to make me want to use this guy  :wub:

haha - ima print that link out so i can have a reference guide.  not that there would ever be an argument over the rules or anything..... :lol:   daytona will stay the same as far as qualifying, then it will turn into a clusterf%#$ i'm sure  :(  every year i swear off sprint cup, by february i'm back to being sucked in....................  we usually watch the daytona race at our house - this year we passed the torch on to our son - long walk across the alley to his house hahaha o well, i'll never get a dui coming home hahahaha! :D

hubs coming home tonight, we are having meat lovers mac & cheese  <he looooves it and it's easy peasy  ;)

notme Experienced

that's a crock......  :lol:

shadowicewolf Proficient

Hi Shadow!

What you thinking of making?  Stir fry, teriyaki, sushi, tempora???

No idea at the moment. I love noodle dishes though.

Adalaide Mentor

I've seen your kitchen. Unless you're buying catering size, you have lots more room. :P

No idea at the moment. I love noodle dishes though.

I was obsessed with udon noodles. In my anger and frustration I turned my back on all Japanese food if I can't have the noodles I want. I'm only just beginning to think I may try to either make them myself or try soba and branch out. I always just google the crap out of the type of food I want and one or two ingredients and see where the internet takes me. What's the worst that can happen? A terrible dinner? It isn't like that would be the end of the world.

kareng Grand Master

So....we are having an appreciation party for the parents and mentors that help constantly with robotics. I have decided to make it a " Dip Party". ( a "dip" - an individual who displays exceptional qualities of utter stupidity and lack of common sense).

I'm going to get hummus - a local guy makes it & it save me making everything. I'll make a spicy cream cheese dip and maybe the sweet onion cream cheese dip - might be too much cream cheese dips. I make a nice olive tampande with a citrus flavor. I might get guacamole. Then I will have a bunch of things to dip - carrots, celery, chips, crackers. I can make the hot dips in smaller bowls - taking one out of the oven and heating the other.

Dessert is a bit tricky. I have a nice piña colada fruit dip but fruit isn't really good right now. Because it's all gluten-free, its hard to find things to dip that glutenheads will like. gluten-free graham crackers, etc aren't that good. So I was thinking of making some brownies and cutting them in small cubes. Then making a couple of flavored whip creams ( the dip).

Anyone made flavored, and by flavored, I mean liquor, whipped creams? How much " flavor" can you add without watering it down? Can you make it ahead or will it fall too flat? Think of anything else, easy, I can get to dip?

A party at our house is not for the lactose intolerant! :)

shadowicewolf Proficient

I've seen your kitchen. Unless you're buying catering size, you have lots more room. :P

I was obsessed with udon noodles. In my anger and frustration I turned my back on all Japanese food if I can't have the noodles I want. I'm only just beginning to think I may try to either make them myself or try soba and branch out. I always just google the crap out of the type of food I want and one or two ingredients and see where the internet takes me. What's the worst that can happen? A terrible dinner? It isn't like that would be the end of the world.

I miss japanese food. I adored yakisoba and udon noodles.

It can be somewhat difficult to find 100% soba noodles that don't have wheat added to it.

moosemalibu Collaborator

Sunday was a roasted turkey breast, sweet potato fries with a tarragon mayo and broccoli.

How do you cut your sweet potato fries? Do you soften them first by microwaving or roasting them a bit? Those suckers are hard to slice!