This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

Oooh I like that one!  If you cook something that a lot of fat comes off of, like burgers, does it drain off the fat into something or a certain spot?

Yeah, it has a grease catcher. It isn't quite as awesome as it could be if something is SUPER greasy. But as long as things are only sort of greasy it works well. It's just a little black thing that slides in on the bottom. The trick is, and this is important, it only works if you remember to slide it in before you start cooking. Not that I have experience cooking greasy things without the grease tray or anything. :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

cahill Collaborator

No prob! :) I had another lil recipe for bread. It had Almond Flour, egg and a sweetner or garlic, and water. You put it in a cup and microwave it. Reminded me of the 3-2-1 cake. Anyhow do you think I can find the recipe?? Nope! I loved that bread. 

I have this recipe for flax seed buns which I love love love :wub:  but flax does not love me :angry:

I wonder if I can covert this to say chick pea  flour instead of flax meal :mellow:

Gluten free flax seed buns

1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flax meal

1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder (opt)

1 tsp caraway seeds (opt)

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

drop or 2 of stevia

3 eggs

1 1/2 tablespoons water

1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil

Mix the dry ingredients; add eggs, water and oil. Pour the batter into 6 greased muffin top pans. Bake at 325º 15-20 minutes. To serve, split the buns horizontally to make two halves using a long, thin knife.

Makes 6 servings

Can be frozen

Number of Servings: 6

I leave out the stevia

LauraTX Rising Star

The trick is, and this is important, it only works if you remember to slide it in before you start cooking. Not that I have experience cooking greasy things without the grease tray or anything. :ph34r:

Hahahaha, you sound like me!  I checked it out online and I think I am going to get it.  The Big A has it for $80, and bed bath and beyond has it for $99 and I can use my 20% off coupon to make it the same price, so I am going to try to make it out to a BB&B this week.  I like that it folds out to a griddle, I don't have a griddle and have always wanted one but didn't want to sacrifice space.  The george foreman ones keep crapping out on me and cuisinart has a good warranty so if I use it to death maybe I won't have to buy a brand new one in a year.

Today for dinner I am making crock pot red beans.  Gotta go help out a family member so will get home for a late dinner and won't have to mess with it, just eat!

Adalaide Mentor

I feel like I've had mine maybe a year or so, so I can't speak for how well it lasts. But I've always been happy with the brand which was why I was confident buying it. The George Foreman with the removable plates is so much more expensive and I refused to waste money on one without them because they're a pita to clean. Been there, done that, never again.

Tonight will be baked chicken of some kind and some sort of veggie something or other with it.

cahill Collaborator

I trialed peanut butter this week ,,,, did not turn out so well :ph34r:  and I needed a safe meal so

Tonights dinner is plain ground turkey and brown rice B)

LauraTX Rising Star

Came home from my thing with my sister and my crock pot beans had burnt... I must have not added all the water in my hurry earlier today.  So.... yeah... sad panda.

kareng Grand Master

Came home from my thing with my sister and my crock pot beans had burnt... I must have not added all the water in my hurry earlier today.  So.... yeah... sad panda.

Bummer! The only thing I have had burn in the crockpot was some potatoes - but just a little on the bottom. The rest were fine.

Last night we had penne with Newmans Own Marinara. I baked it in the oven with moz, Asiago, parm and Romano on top until brown. Yum!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Last night we had pork tenderloin and onions, sauteed zucchini noodles, applesauce and these teeny tiny golden potatoes

(i have never seen them that small before--they were at the produce stand we have down here--really, they look like marbles  :D )

anyhoo... I just sauteed them in butter and some white truffle oil for a few minutes and they were very yummy .

Not sure what's happening tonight as we are going to the ball game and I may want to just have pizza when we get home.

I smell all that food at the games and sometimes, I get a little miffed that I can't have it,

but then I think, meh...it's all fried crap anyway

and my thighs do not need it. -_- he he he

w8in4dave Community Regular

I have this recipe for flax seed buns which I love love love :wub:  but flax does not love me :angry:

I wonder if I can covert this to say chick pea  flour instead of flax meal :mellow:

Gluten free flax seed buns

1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flax meal

1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder (opt)

1 tsp caraway seeds (opt)

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

drop or 2 of stevia

3 eggs

1 1/2 tablespoons water

1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil

Mix the dry ingredients; add eggs, water and oil. Pour the batter into 6 greased muffin top pans. Bake at 325º 15-20 minutes. To serve, split the buns horizontally to make two halves using a long, thin knife.

Makes 6 servings

Can be frozen

Number of Servings: 6

I leave out the stevia

This looks awesome! I am gunna give it a try! Thanks! 

GottaSki Mentor

It's nearly 4pm and I feel pretty good...thinking I may have a nice glass of Zinfandel for Dinner :)

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps :wub:

Adalaide Mentor

It's nearly 4pm and I feel pretty good...thinking I may have a nice glass of Zinfandel for Dinner :)

Sounds like a splendid Friday. B)

Things are going well for business. So I went today and bought myself a sewing machine so I can stop using my MIL's. I don't like hers and I also hate being restricted on the time of day I can sew since I'm such a night owl. Now I can sew when it suits me, even if that means it's "the middle of the night" for other people. Also stopped by the mall today to see about a kiosk there. By next summer I should be ready to do a three month stint there as long as I'm healthy enough. ^_^ For now I'll settle for being ready for the local farmers markets.

Dinner will be chicken quesadillas and maybe some original Star Trek all cuddled up with my husband. :wub:

moosemalibu Collaborator

Chicken tacos, mexican brown rice, refried beans. Birthday dinner for my boyfriend. I also made a Blueberry "Pancake" cake with maple butter cream frosting. I used the yellow King Arthur mix and doctored it up with cinnamon, nutmeg and blueberries. Dusted it with cinnamon sugar.

Adalaide Mentor

Chicken tacos, mexican brown rice, refried beans. Birthday dinner for my boyfriend. I also made a Blueberry "Pancake" cake with maple butter cream frosting. I used the yellow King Arthur mix and doctored it up with cinnamon, nutmeg and blueberries. Dusted it with cinnamon sugar.

That cake sounds awesome. Mr. Moose is a lucky man.

GottaSki Mentor

That cake does sound yummy!

Happy Birthday MoosieMan :)

moosemalibu Collaborator

He loved it!! I had never used the KA mix before.. it's pretty dense! But it came out beautifully! I'll try to post a picture of it.REvVbIczdhQPwrFUNgNVYSaXMIEWWarfIIBu-610

GottaSki Mentor

Wowsers....that is one beautiful cake....love the blueberry decor  :wub: (berries are my favorite way to decorate a cake)

moosemalibu Collaborator

Unfortunately they were frozen and thawed blueberries and not fresh. Blueberries are just so expensive!! These taste just as good! Thanks Lisa!! I had a lot of fun baking this. Baking was a passion before diagnosis and the gluten free baking intimidated me. But I think I am starting to get excited about it again!

GottaSki Mentor

Not to worry...took me a while....perhaps longer than you...but my gluten-free birthday cakes are just as tasty (many times even better) as the gluten-filled ones and the love of decorating to make a gift of those cakes...well...that is the same with or without gluten ;)

LauraTX Rising Star

Mmmmmmm cake....

kareng Grand Master

Unfortunately they were frozen and thawed blueberries and not fresh. Blueberries are just so expensive!! These taste just as good! Thanks Lisa!! I had a lot of fun baking this. Baking was a passion before diagnosis and the gluten free baking intimidated me. But I think I am starting to get excited about it again!

Looks great! And blueberries are one of the few fruits that thaw and taste like new!

IrishHeart Veteran

OOH babycakes--liquid dinner... ;)  whoohooo! and thanks again for the package today. I heart you, sweet girl.

By next summer I should be ready to do a three month stint there as long as I'm healthy enough. ^_^ For now I'll settle for being ready for the local farmers markets.

OOH babycakes!! can't tell you how thrilled I am for your new venture. whoohoo!! You can be all "SHOW me the money!! " PS Did you get what I sent yet? (or do we have to hunt down the mailman?) ...chuckling...

OOH babycakes!! you're cooking and baking and feeling  fine. whoohooo Jamie girl. I'd like a  piece of that, please. I'm droolng on the laptop here.

Mmmmmmm cake....

"What she said!!" .......mmmmmm cake....

Going to be an interesting week here., Painter comes back Tuesday to fix the crappy paint jobs in the guest bathroom  and master bath, too.....just before our friends come in on Wednesday..How fast can it dry and how soon can I hang a few pictures and make it look pretty one wonders...the answer better be "24 hours" :lol: If not, so be it.

As it is, we're dining off cardboard boxes as my table and chairs have not come in. ah well. c'est la vie. Good thing I am a good cook and we're good friends and they don't give a crap about such things. 

Dinner tonight is looking like burgers and fries (I know, not exactly healthy, but it's quick....)

I've got a boatload of shopping to do...meat market, liquor store, produce stand, Italian specialty mart, the fish market and the crazy cool place with all the G F stuff on the shelves and in the freezer....oh boy. I LOVE to cook for my peeps!!

smiley-cooking-emoticon.gif whoohoo! 

kareng Grand Master

S

Things are going well for business. So I went today and bought myself a sewing machine so I can stop using my MIL's. I don't like hers and I also hate being restricted on the time of day I can sew since I'm such a night owl. Now I can sew when it suits me, even if that means it's "the middle of the night" for other people. Also stopped by the mall today to see about a kiosk there. By next summer I should be ready to do a three month stint there as long as I'm healthy enough. ^_^ For now I'll settle for being ready for the local farmers markets.

I missed this somehow.  What is the business?

What a beautiful cake! I have about 6 sewing machines kareng I love to sew but I have to take them in! Not a 1 works! Right anyway! LOL 

I want to make fish soup tonight. Not sure I have everything tho so maby just some Salmon and baked potato and some spinach or something? Ohh I have some pretty lil fingerling potatoes just w8in 2b beautified and eaten I will make them instead of baked :) 

kareng Grand Master

What a beautiful cake! I have about 6 sewing machines kareng I love to sew but I have to take them in! Not a 1 works! Right anyway! LOL

I want to make fish soup tonight. Not sure I have everything tho so maby just some Salmon and baked potato and some spinach or something? Ohh I have some pretty lil fingerling potatoes just w8in 2b beautified and eaten I will make them instead of baked :)

I have 2 and neither work. I got one " fixed" and it still doesn't work! Maybe Addie will sew something for us?

I have 2 and neither work. I got one " fixed" and it still doesn't work! Maybe Addie will sew something for us?

That sounds fun!