This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

Tonight my pork roast is actually thawed enough to cook. I'll also throw a rub together for mine then throw it in the rotisserie and get some veggies for with it.

Sick or not, life is in hyperdrive this week. First market is this Saturday and I'm nearly ready! Plus my BFF just went part time teaching and they haven't found a replacement for the afternoon class yet so I subbed that half the days this week. (No class Fridays in the summer so I'm not awful at math, it was actually HALF the week. :P) Plus she finally put me to work while I'm at work, correcting papers and fixing the answer keys because they made me crazy. I used to sit and troll the internet or read the whole time other than when students needed me. Working for my money sucks. <_< lol!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

Hubs made one of his wonderful stir frys :)

I've been puttering....well cleaning like a mad woman is more like...kids and grands arrive tomorrow for a week before they move to Ohio! Great move and a much better life ahead there for them....thankful Southwest has pretty good fares ;)

Tomorrow doing the full chicken breasts layered with herbs in KFG...easy and ready whenever we need dinner to be served.

Is it Friday yet?

LauraTX Rising Star

I'm making stir fry, too!  Going to try out two of the SanJ sauces instead of the usual making my own from scratch.

Adalaide Mentor

I really wish my husband would eat a stir fry. <_< Our pork roast was itty bitty, and with only a tiny bit left over to make my lunch tonight I'm making a beef roast. Rotisserie again, because why not! My husband says I'm obsessed, pretty much with his mouth full and while talking about how awesome his dinner is. :lol: Second best kitchen purchase we ever made.

Well... I've been goofing off online for like an hour or so. I should probably get back to work. :ph34r:

Adalaide Mentor

Also, we harvested our first mint last night. I huge bowl full of chocolate mint. It's in the dehydrator now. It may seem like a crime, but my first batch is going into a heating pad for myself and I'm insanely excited. Also thinking of making some brownies or fudge. And we want to make a boatload of chocolate and Moroccan mint extract as Christmas gifts this year.

notme Experienced

They make these "dump" cakes at Boy Scouts/  They call them cobbler.  They are also good with a can of pie fillings - apple (with spice cake) , peach, blueberry, cherry - with chocolate cake mix.  They cook them in a dutch oven in the fire (coals on top of lid).

and, nowwww...........BACK TO CAKE!!!  hey, ms. k, i has cherry pie filling and a bc chocolate cake - are you saying all i need to do is dump the pie filling in and sprinkle cake mix and then melted butter, bake, viola!  ??

GottaSki Mentor

and, nowwww...........BACK TO CAKE!!!  hey, ms. k, i has cherry pie filling and a bc chocolate cake - are you saying all i need to do is dump the pie filling in and sprinkle cake mix and then melted butter, bake, viola!  ??

L here, not K....but yep it is that simple....viola :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

L here, not K....but yep it is that simple....viola :D

That's crazy! It sounds deceptively easy for something that also sounds awesomely delicious.

LauraTX Rising Star

I stopped by my fav gluten-free balery after an appointment today, mmmm chocolate cupcake!  

No idea what I am going to make for dinner, forgot to thaw something out.  I guess hot dogs it is!

notme Experienced

That's crazy! It sounds deceptively easy for something that also sounds awesomely delicious.

ok, i think next time i make this, i will use a smaller pan lolz because 9x13 is too big  ^_^  so, it's oooogly (looks like the chocolate surface of mars) but it tastes like a chocolate cookie covered cherry <i only ate a little because the cherries had red dye 40 in it and i can't remember if it is my friend or not.  i am definitely eating the rest  :P so i can try again (with a 8x8 pan ha ha probably be too small)  it's too insanely easy to not try again - thank you, ladiesss!!  :)  

kareng Grand Master

ok, i think next time i make this, i will use a smaller pan lolz because 9x13 is too big  ^_^  so, it's oooogly (looks like the chocolate surface of mars) but it tastes like a chocolate cookie covered cherry <i only ate a little because the cherries had red dye 40 in it and i can't remember if it is my friend or not.  i am definitely eating the rest  :P so i can try again (with a 8x8 pan ha ha probably be too small)  it's too insanely easy to not try again - thank you, ladiesss!!  :)

It's a casserole or crockpot thing.

Tonight we are having oven chicken spinach risotto! Yummy! Love a one dish dinner!

Not in the KFG but in my favorite red enamel coverded iron pan. My hub calls it a fancy Dutch oven. The unfancy one is cast iron and it's what we make the " cobbler" in the fire. Or Gumbo.... Or green chile casserole... Or green chile, egg, casserole.... Hmmmm! Maybe gumbo tomorrow. All official Boy Scout Recipes

GottaSki Mentor

Yesterday sucked...pain wise...thankfully the kids arrival got delayed so tonight we will have KFG Rosemary Chicken, Smashed Potatoes/Sweet Potato and Broccoli with cheesy sauce. Something yummy for dessert, thinking the Lemon "brownies" sound easy....I am all about the 'easy button' today.

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps :3

notme Experienced

Yesterday sucked...pain wise...thankfully the kids arrival got delayed so tonight we will have KFG Rosemary Chicken, Smashed Potatoes/Sweet Potato and Broccoli with cheesy sauce. Something yummy for dessert, thinking the Lemon "brownies" sound easy....I am all about the 'easy button' today.

Happy Friday Dinner Peeps :3

hope you feel better - enjoy those kiddos!

i think i may hit the easy button, myself.  macaroni & cheeze w/stewed tomatoes - comfort food.  might go trailer truckin' to tuscaloosa tonight  :)  with That Guy ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

trailer truckin' to tuscaloosa tonight   :)  

now, that's just a country song awaitin to be written ;)  have fun!

'scuse me while I go lay back down (stoopit people who give you viruses at the gym....)  :huh:

....can't eat...waaa.....

Adalaide Mentor

now, that's just a country song awaitin to be written ;)  have fun!

'scuse me while I go lay back down (stoopit people who give you viruses at the gym....)  :huh:

....can't eat...waaa.....

omg why can't sick people just stay home and keep their germs to themselves! Hope everybody feels better fast.

Tonight is leftovers. I'll eat early and do my nails. Hubs can come home and get his own leftovers. Just got in from PT and picking up some things to finish the last pads. Back to work!

LauraTX Rising Star

Sick people need to stay at home and not infect me!  This is why I am a germaphobe, lol!

Has anyone tried the ancient harvest mac n cheese?  They have all three kinds at my grocery store, but after trying the horrible deboles one long ago, I am hesitant to eat anything but the good 'ol annies classic one.

Tonight for dinner will be grilled chicken, carrots, and lundberg risotto.  Tomorrow we are going out to eat so no cooking, just stuffing my face!

GF Lover Rising Star

I made my very first batch of peanut butter fudge today.  Used Alton Brown's recipe.  Total Yummers.  It's hard to just eat one piece.  Can you freeze fudge?

Dinner tonight was ribeyes, sweet pots and sweet peas.   

Colleen

LauraTX Rising Star

I don't know about freezing fudge... I know it lasts a long time at room temp, and can't think of anything that would make it a no.  Maybe try freezing a small piece to see.

Today we grilled burgers for lunch, and for dinner I am going to wrangle my husband for manual labor to help make home made gnocchi.  Buying it gluten-free is like $6 for 2 servings (or 1 large serving, hehe) and I have always been a gnocchi lover so I want to take a stab at making it myself.  

IrishHeart Veteran

I made my very first batch of peanut butter fudge today.  Used Alton Brown's recipe.  Total Yummers.  It's hard to just eat one piece.  Can you freeze fudge?

probably, but if this were in my house, there would be nothing left to freeze. The recipe says it lasts for a week.

J would inhale that within a few days. ^_^

IrishHeart Veteran

Now that I am past whatever virus some idjit infected me with, I have an appetite again. 

I lost a few days and do not appreciate being sidelined like that. hurrumph! I have stuff to do.  -_-

This week looks like this:

M  Lamb kefta w/yogurt sauce and rice pilaf and peas

T   mediterranean pork burgers with balsamic glazed red onions and arugula salad

W  pasta puttanesca

TH bison and white bean chili

F   cedar planked grilled salmon with grilled asparagus

S   beef filet, baby potatoes and summer squash

kareng Grand Master

Dinner tonight was ribeyes, sweet pots and sweet peas.   

Colleen

I don't know if its a cream cheese fudge, cooked fudge or what but we keep fudge for a month in a tight sealed container in the fridge. Take a piece out for 10 minutes before eating if you can wait.

GF Lover Rising Star

Wait ten minutes... :lol:  Can't do that.  And I think Irish's "inhalation theory" will be correct  :o it's going fast, and so is my figure  ^_^

Colleen

notme Experienced

Today we grilled burgers for lunch, and for dinner I am going to wrangle my husband for manual labor to help make home made gnocchi.  Buying it gluten-free is like $6 for 2 servings (or 1 large serving, hehe) and I have always been a gnocchi lover so I want to take a stab at making it myself.  

it's easy, peasy :)  the hardest part was faking a ricer  ^_^  because i don't own one.  i think last time i made it, we had it with sausage, brown butter and sage.  yummmmzzz (now i want gnocchi..... <_< )

last night we had greek baked chicken (stuffed with spinach & feta, topped with herbed bread crumbs) with cucumber tzsasizikei <ok, you know, that cucumber/yogurt garlic yummy sauce)

we are coming off a rough week here in my town - last week 4 young people crossed a railroad track crossing and were hit by the train.  it was probably driver error but there were no crossing gates and no drugs or alcohol involved.  just tragic.  two of them died at the scene and we have been praying for the other two.  the driver and front passenger lived.  one of the ones who died was the driver's sister :(  all college kids.  we live in a very tight community, so all of our kids grew up together.  one of the boys in the hospital saved 3 kids last winter from drowning when they fell through the ice.........  and he has been released to go home today.  so, there is the first bright spot.  the other boy is speaking now, and recognized his mother.  

hug your babies   -_-

IrishHeart Veteran

yes, that tzatziki is going on my lamb kefta later. (although technically, I should call it madzoon because I am part Armenian and that's what my Gramma called yogurt, but you're probably thinking "it's all Greek to me".. ^_^ )

Now, I want gnocchi with brown butter and sage but I do not have the energy to make both. (that bug is still bugging me...). 

My profound sympathies on the losses in your community.  :( just tragic. Sending big hugs, hon.xx

AnnaChristine18 Newbie

I made almond encrusted salmon (made with eggs, almond meal, and lemon juice), cauliflower with melted coconut butter, and cooked carrots :)