This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

LauraTX Rising Star

We met up with family at a local BBQ place right after our wake up time so BBQ for breakfast, so I boxed most of my food, can't eat heavy food that early.  Made myself mac and cheese later because my hubby ate mac and cheese there, I was so jealous, lol.  He abstained from bread, though, for me  :wub:   I am tired of heavy food... was going to make breakfast for dinner but I think I am going to do a meal I had planned for later this week, and cook up some of the gnocchi I made and froze, with some haricots verts on the side.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

notme Experienced

air-dried ham (Croatia's is better than Italy's prosciutto)

(note to self:  move to croatia........   ^_^  )

so glad to hear from you, love2!!  do they import such ham and what would it be called ?  :)  (croatian ham, right, lolz)   :D

kareng Grand Master

Took my Dad & sis to Bonefish last night!  Salmon with mango salsa, garlic whipped potatoes, asparagus.  And we got there early enough for a half price glass of wine!

moosemalibu Collaborator

I julienned some potatoes and made some awesome hash browns for breakfast yesterday and then fried a turkey egg and plopped it on top. It was so good that I did it again for dinner. Happy dance for me because I successfully ate turkey eggs with NO reaction! YAY!

kareng Grand Master

I julienned some potatoes and made some awesome hash browns for breakfast yesterday and then fried a turkey egg and plopped it on top. It was so good that I did it again for dinner. Happy dance for me because I successfully ate turkey eggs with NO reaction! YAY!

Jamie happy dancing-  girl-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Where does one buy these exotic eggs people are eating?

moosemalibu Collaborator

Jamie happy dancing-  girl-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Where does one buy these exotic eggs people are eating?

Can I have her permanently in my signature? I love her!! Yes that is definitely me after eating those eggs! :) My eggs were given to me by a coworker that is raising some turkeys for Thanksgiving. He found out about my chicken egg intolerance and kindly offered up his turkey eggs. He said he will continue to collect them for me if they worked out.. I emailed him this morning with my success story!!  Duck eggs are usually bought from an asian market. I will be trying those next since I may eventually run out of options come November...

IrishHeart Veteran

Jamie, that looks just like you!!

. I have used this one for me. Because she looks just like me. Glad you got eggs back!! whoohoo!

excited-girl-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Can I have her permanently in my signature? I love her!! Yes that is definitely me after eating those eggs! :) My eggs were given to me by a coworker that is raising some turkeys for Thanksgiving. He found out about my chicken egg intolerance and kindly offered up his turkey eggs. He said he will continue to collect them for me if they worked out.. I emailed him this morning with my success story!!  Duck eggs are usually bought from an asian market. I will be trying those next since I may eventually run out of options come November...

Yes.  Of course! I got the forum code from here:

http://www.sherv.net/girl.happy.dance-emoticon-2111.html

GottaSki Mentor

That is Jamie!!!!

and now I want a turkey egg too!

Hubs has improved today - so I was extremely happy and dancing a bit myself...right up and until I logged onto the computer and found out Tony Gwynn (Mr. Padre #19) had passed unexpectently -- he has been battling mouth cancer -- damn that chew the guys love -- but was thought to be on the mend as he just signed a contract extension to return to coaching the Aztecs...this city is in mourning and likely will be for a while until a proper city wide celebration takes place.  I owe Tony -- he was my boys first hero and what a wonderful hero he made -- a true humble gentle soul that would do anything for anyone in need.  Man...now the tears are pooling again.

Ok...dinner was to be turkey meat loaf...hmmm that should work with carrots and yellow squash to complete the Padre Throwback menu -- Brown, Orange and Gold -- thinking we will be eating those colors again tomorrow night as the youngest returns from his cross country adventure just in time for dinner -- gonna be hard for him hearing the news while in Ohio -- luckily I gave the grands padre hats so he can have them wear them today to feel closer to home.

Off to doc with hubs to ask for a few more tests and hopefully get him all the way back to his strong mountain climbing bike riding self :)

moosemalibu Collaborator

Yes.  Of course! I got the forum code from here:

http://www.sherv.net/girl.happy.dance-emoticon-2111.html

Doh! She is too big for my signature. Oh well - I will just have to keep her in my back pocket to cheer me up.

Adalaide Mentor

Hope your hubs stays on the mend. :)

I canned sweet cherry jam and maraschino cherries today. And I wanted it DONE and pushed and managed to make my left ankle look like an elephant ankle and get myself some "shoot me in the face" pain. <_< But it's done! :D And on a trip to the store for more lids because I ran out I noticed that next to the closest grocery store in an empty spot a GELATO RESTAURANT just opened up!!! Oh yeah, I know where I'm headed next time I want a treat. B)

Easy peasy dinner tonight. Burgers, tots and corn on the cob. I wish I could say that we were having sundaes for dessert but we have no ice cream in the house! I don't even know how that happened! :lol:

LauraTX Rising Star

I stopped by target today and picked up a few things... got one of the annies gluten-free snack packs http://www.annies.com/products/snack-meal-kits/gluten-free-snack-kit, some talenti gelato in the butter pecan flavor, some of those wow cookies (http://www.wowbaking.com/product/chocolate-chip-cookies/ )people on here have mentioned (they are gooooooood, I ate half the pack, lol)  and last but not least....

So delicious GLUTEN FREE COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM.  OH MY GOD.  SINCE WHEN DID THIS EXIST?!!!   (http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-frozen-desserts/cookie-dough)  Sadly my stomach is angry with me at all the fatty food I ate this weekend so I can't try it just yet.  I haven't tried any of that brand's stuff as I am okay with dairy, but cookie dough used to be my favorite!  

I don't know what I am going to eat for dinner, had some soup for lunch and it just made me feel bad.  May just make something very plain like annies mac and cheese with some green beans on the side.

GottaSki Mentor

Hope your hubs stays on the mend. :)

I noticed that next to the closest grocery store in an empty spot a GELATO RESTAURANT just opened up!!! Oh yeah, I know where I'm headed next time I want a treat.

And Y.U.M.....I want one of those to move into my hood.

IrishHeart Veteran

And Y.U.M.....I want one of those to move into my hood.

oh dear..I'd be the size of a baby grand piano if that happened here.

I got this wonderful cilantro plant at the farmer's market, so I am thinking about making

Lime cilantro rice and

chicken and  mushroom quesadillas  (sans salsa for me)

Just a mini rant here:  why? why can't tomatoes and I get along?

this guy >>> tomato-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png should take example from this guy>>>...eggs-2-smiley-emoticon-emoji.pngwho managed to stop being a jerk and make friends with me after all these years. 

ok, I am done.  ^_^

GottaSki Mentor

oh dear..I'd be the size of a baby grand piano if that happened here.

I got this wonderful cilantro plant at the farmer's market, so I am thinking about making

Lime cilantro rice and

chicken and  mushroom quesadillas  (sans salsa for me)

Just a mini rant here:  why? why can't tomatoes and I get along?

this guy >>> tomato-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png should take example from this guy>>>...eggs-2-smiley-emoticon-emoji.pngwho managed to stop being a jerk and make friends with me after all these years. 

ok, I am done.  ^_^

Don't be done...that was fun :P

So wasn't able to make the meatloaf yesterday and hubs tummy was feeling better so he had Mexican take out.

Works out well as the traveling man flies in just before dinner time ... So our Mr. Padre dinner will happen tonight with a yummy cake of course...thinking very vanilla...the wandering sons favorite...well after super dooper chocolate...but sent that traveling with him.

IrishHeart Veteran

Don't be done...that was fun :P

oh you know me, I like to keep my ranting to a bare minimum...I mean, what's the point, really?  It won't make that tomato any more friendly.

Bitchy tomato.

angry-tomato-says-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

Adalaide Mentor

That's funny. Tomatoes and I have decided to be friends. Sometimes. Other things still aren't friendly with me though.

Tonight was supposed to be a pork loin in the rotisserie but... the power went out yesterday and we got some dry ice to throw in the fridge and freezer and magically the power came back on after it got brought home. Still, my husband threw a block in the fridge and I don't think my roast thawed. <_< Tomatoes do sound yummy, maybe I'll talk myself into clothes and go shopping and have spaghetti. I was sort of planning a jammie day, but I can adjust if maybe there's a side trip to the gelato place. B)

notme Experienced

NO kids today :)  so i got a ton of stuff that i have been procrastinating DONE.  got foodies for the kiddies for vbs, paid my property taxes (late, oops lolz i hate parting with that $$, but they get all 'pay your taxes' and i'm all like 'FINE!!!'  hrrmph...) paid some more other bills, post office, etc, etc.  i am about to eat (leftover pork loin w/sauerkraut and little potato & scallion pannycakes) then wait 20 min and go soak my head in the pool.  on a hot day like today, i usually go down and float in the river, but my friend's a-hole son and his (ugh a married couple who i think is sleeping with both of them eeew) friends have decided to drag a fifth wheel camper down to the property next to ours and they have, like, 6-8 kids <brats)  we had stuff we left down there (floats, torches, etc) and had to take it all to the house because they were destroying things.  

anyways, i hope they enjoy their tall grass - we used to mow the whole thing.  this year?  not so much.   :ph34r:  ;)

Adalaide Mentor

I hate when jerks spoil good things. <_< Maybe the lack of mowed grass will chase them off.

We went to the store and picked up stuff for spaghetti. I stopped in the store that makes their own sausages and got some regular mild Italian sausage and some sun-dried tomato basil chicken sausage to try. It's in the mid-50s and raining. Not gelato weather. :( I can try again soon though.

IrishHeart Veteran

I hate when jerks spoil good things. <_< Maybe the lack of mowed grass will chase them off.

We went to the store and picked up stuff for spaghetti. I stopped in the store that makes their own sausages and got some regular mild Italian sausage and some sun-dried tomato basil chicken sausage to try. It's in the mid-50s and raining. Not gelato weather. :( I can try again soon though.

I used to eat gelato when it was snowing and 20 degrees and  I bet Love2travel ate it at -27. LOL

Gelato is not weather-determined. ^_^

Wow! From the sound of your last few posts, looks like your tyramine and histamine issues are resolved if you can eat sausages, aged cheeses

and tomatoes once more.

So happy for you!!! whoohoo!

Adalaide Mentor

I don't get my widespread pain anymore like I used to with foods. I can still set off more CRPS pain with too much of any one thing at a time, but I've found that my tolerance is way up. :D I still haven't done things like added bananas, soy... lots of things. The sausages I get are just fresh meat ground up, seasoned and stuffed in a casing. I'm not sure that counts as sausage since it's uncured and no weirdness in it, but it sure is delicious! I've learned a lot about being careful about what goes in me, and I'm still pretty vigilant and don't eat weird things.

And I'm all for gelato in any weather usually. Except when I'm in a tshirt and jumper and running around in the rain and cold and would have to eat it in a restaurant. I just thought since we can't afford to enjoy treats like that often, it would be better enjoyed in the evening after a hot day. :) Besides, I bought ice cream so I can make sundaes. B)

kareng Grand Master

I agree. Any weather is ice cream weather!

We had Hot Pockets tonight with cantelope and grapes. Yum!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

I agree. Any weather is ice cream weather!

February 2006, in the middle of a streak of 10 degrees or less, it "spiked " to  35 one Sunday  and J and I got in the always good in snow and ice  Subie and drove 20 minutes to the ice cream parlor to have sundaes. We had to get out. You can get cabin fever up north after a while. ^_^  The woman who owned it decided to open her seasonal shop early for some strange reason (maybe she had cabin fever too) and she had put out an email announcing a Sunday night Sundae special..... here we are, just the two of us, eating hot fudge sundaes, next to a blazing fireplace.

I was sad when that ice cream place shut down. It was all hand -churned. yum!

In a weird irony, the next year, that place became the first home of "Sherry Lynn's Gluten Free"...a sign that prompted me to ask J..."what's gluten and why do we need to be free from it?"" J said "it's what makes the french baguettes we make rise. it's in the flour"....oh, I said and never thought another thing about...... until I had to.

Tonight is looking like mediterranean pork burgers with gremolata and watermelon, cuke and feta salad. (but no gelato. I had that Sunday night. the sea salt caramel one...dang, that stuff is good)

http://www.livingwithout.com/recipes/Mediterranean-Pork-Burgers-with-Gremolata-3480-1.html

notme Experienced

i went down there anyway.  they are holed up in that thing with a generator running.  my neighbors, who have already built and live down there, say they never come out except to go to work.  i am all like wtf?  hmmmmmmmmmmmm................ shall i wait, silently and patiently...........?

we got an old saying down here:  oh, HELL, no.   :lol:

vbs tonight.  i bought 'foster farms' gluten-free corn dogs and am dying to try them.  i am wanting to see if they are manufactured on dedicated equipment but i'm playing phone tag with their customer service dept. 

kareng Grand Master

i went down there anyway.  they are holed up in that thing with a generator running.  my neighbors, who have already built and live down there, say they never come out except to go to work.  i am all like wtf?  hmmmmmmmmmmmm................ shall i wait, silently and patiently...........?

we got an old saying down here:  oh, HELL, no.   :lol:

vbs tonight.  i bought 'foster farms' gluten-free corn dogs and am dying to try them.  i am wanting to see if they are manufactured on dedicated equipment but i'm playing phone tag with their customer service dept. 

Are they allowed to live in a 5th wheel there?  Might be able to call the county or city on them.  I am surprised they "work".