This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

kareng Grand Master

Last night we went to the big Jazz in the Woods. No food allowed in except for medical reasons. But, as long as people weren't taking in big coolers, no one even checked. I took some nuts, some peppered salami, cheddar, grapes, cantelope, Glutino vanilla covered pretzels. Got som wine, some kettle corn and some more wine there.

Going back tonight. taking a smoked turkey sandwich, Fritos, maybe some fruit. Not sure yet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

Last night we went to the big Jazz in the Woods. No food allowed in except for medical reasons. But, as long as people weren't taking in big coolers, no one even checked. I took some nuts, some peppered salami, cheddar, grapes, cantelope, Glutino vanilla covered pretzels. Got som wine, some kettle corn and some more wine there.

Going back tonight. taking a smoked turkey sandwich, Fritos, maybe some fruit. Not sure yet.

K

that sounds like great fun!! enjoy! :)

gilligan Enthusiast

That sounds really good!  What brand of salami do you eat?  I'd like to get some for summer picnics on the boat.  The brands that I've looked at in the store, so far, are gluten free.  AND, is all kettle corn gluten-free?  The stuff you buy at fairs and festivals?  Can it be trusted?  I love kettle corn!!

Adalaide Mentor

Kettle corn should theoretically be gluten free. It's just (usually) oil, sugar and corn and when I see places that make it at markets, carnivals and fairs it's the only thing they do. Just ask what the ingredients are then enjoy! :)

kareng Grand Master

That sounds really good!  What brand of salami do you eat?  I'd like to get some for summer picnics on the boat.  The brands that I've looked at in the store, so far, are gluten free.  AND, is all kettle corn gluten-free?  The stuff you buy at fairs and festivals?  Can it be trusted?  I love kettle corn!!

Kettle corn should theoretically be gluten free. It's just (usually) oil, sugar and corn and when I see places that make it at markets, carnivals and fairs it's the only thing they do. Just ask what the ingredients are then enjoy! :)

What Addie said about kettle corn .

I eat several brands of salami - boars head & Columbus are 2 that I can think of.

notme Experienced

Food not too appealing today, so I am having a Wendy's vanilla frosty! Putting a chuck roast in the crock pot for tomorrow. I am allergic to cooking on Sunday. Actually, between church and having to travel an hour each way, and then another meeting in town at 4:00, I don't have the time. Our church has food after service but with this new eating deal, that will be out the window! It is taking me a while to adjust, throw the summer time on top of it, when who feels like eating heavy meals and I may have this down by Thanksgiving. LOL

our church has dinners/luncheons and at first, i skipped them.  for, like, a year.  it was just too painful/tempting  :(  now, i just make a big dish of something gluten-free and serve myself first (actually, i take some out before and take it in a separate container to bring with me)  don't be tempted to go ahead and eat:  i play the 'can't eat that' game with myself at these type of functions.  by the time everyone is served, just about every dish is off limits for some reason or another  <_<  even if it started out gluten-free, it doesn't take long for somebody to stick a spoon into it that was just in a pasta dish, lolz   :o   

i have no clue what to make for dinner.............................. :huh:

IrishHeart Veteran

Pork tenderloin on the grill, some baked spaghetti squash, maybe some garlic and EVOO sauteed zucchini noodles.

Not very hungry for some reason, but oddly, I want kettle corn now.... ^_^

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Is Kettle Corn another name for Pop Corn?  Am I missing out on something?

Probably a bug and bacteria laden salad tonight.  The washing machine is busy  :P

Colleen

IrishHeart Veteran

Is Kettle Corn another name for Pop Corn?  Am I missing out on something?

Probably a bug and bacteria laden salad tonight.  The washing machine is busy  :P

Colleen

:lol:

kettle corn is just sweetened popcorn.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-kettle-corn-at-home-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-192917

or this lady recommends

"Take a trip to the county fair with a bowl of old-fashioned Kettle Corn. Your family will never want plain popcorn again! If you use white sugar, it will taste like popcorn balls and if you use brown sugar, it will taste like caramel corn."

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/kettle-corn/

CajunChic Explorer

I found a sorghum based roux! Felt like I won a prize!!

Meatball and potato stew with sweet peas on the side : )

Adalaide Mentor

We are having quesadillas tonight and some sort of chicken tomorrow. I'm not into cooking today.

I am having the best day ever though. I woke up to find Final Fantasy 3 on sale, it's a new release for computers and I was so excited I almost threw my wallet at my computer. :lol: I meant to play a little and get a nap. I played 2 hours without realized how much time went by. :ph34r: I think I'll go get a brownie, cup of milk and get that nap I was after.

kareng Grand Master

We are grilling pizza - too hot to warm up the house. I am making some pesto to go on it with some fresh moz, maybe a smidge of pasta sauce.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Carrot cake is really good :ph34r:

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Last night we had Thai curry with tofu, veggies, and rice noodles. For dessert we had fresh cherries and So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice cream. (the no sugar added variety)

It was so good!

The only trouble was that the curry was a hot meal for a hot day. I need to come up with cooler meal ideas.

GottaSki Mentor

What is everyone's favorite animal?  Play along please -- it is for a fun project in my backyard.  All welcome...

I know Addie is Giraffe.

I've got three:  wolf, tortoise and frog

anyone else?

oh...and I skipped dinner last night :)

tonight will be something with some other stuff ;)

kareng Grand Master

What is everyone's favorite animal?  Play along please -- it is for a fun project in my backyard.  All welcome...

I know Addie is Giraffe.

anyone else?

So hard to choose.......

Dogs and cats, of course. I love sea turtles.... But then there are sea otters.... The wrens in the nest on my screened in porch.... And what about dolphins? Orcas? Those are great! Bunnies.... Pterodactyls. - love to see them flying with their funny long legs hanging behind.

Oh wait! Red pandas! Love those little guys. Tried to get my hair dresser to dye my hair that color more than once.

Guinea pigs! Love them! Love the wild versions, like capybaras and rock cavies! Golden lion tamarins ... Oh heck.... All those little monkeys are fun!

I just can't choose! I hope that was helpful! Lol

BlessedMommy Rising Star

I like lemurs and armadillos. 

CajunChic Explorer

I know Addie is Giraffe.

anyone else?

A monkey is my absolute favorite!

CajunChic Explorer

So hard to choose.......

Dogs and cats, of course. I love sea turtles.... But then there are sea otters.... The wrens in the nest on my screened in porch.... And what about dolphins? Orcas? Those are great! Bunnies.... Pterodactyls. - love to see them flying with their funny long legs hanging behind.

Oh wait! Red pandas! Love those little guys. Tried to get my hair dresser to dye my hair that color more than once.

Guinea pigs! Love them! Love the wild versions, like capybaras and rock cavies! Golden lion tamarins ... Oh heck.... All those little monkeys are fun!

I just can't choose! I hope that was helpful! Lol

Lol!!! Got that list narrowed down, huh? : )

mommida Enthusiast

favorite wild animals... lemurs and wolves

Favorite domesticated animal.... dog, rabbit, cat

happen to also have 3 guinea pigs.  they just have a hard time being picked up.  You have to wait a very long time for them to climb onto your hand.

Adalaide Mentor

Irish is easy, she likes bunnies! And I know Bartfull isn't here to speak for herself but she likes elephants. Both perfectly decent animals for people who aren't into giraffes. :P

kareng Grand Master

favorite wild animals... lemurs and wolves

Favorite domesticated animal.... dog, rabbit, cat

happen to also have 3 guinea pigs. they just have a hard time being picked up. You have to wait a very long time for them to climb onto your hand.

I meant to say lemurs, too! Love those guys! I really like giraffes, but Addy had that covered.

I just scooped my piggies up and set them right on a towel and then carried them. They don't like getting picked up but they really hate the feeling of legs dangling and flying , thinking a hawk has them!

Ohhhhh.... Piggies.... Pot bellied piggies, baby piggies......

Am I helping you narrow these animals down, Skilisa?

IrishHeart Veteran

oh you betcha.....I do love my bunnies! but I am afraid my list would sound much like K's....I am a huge animal lover and it would be difficult to choose

any "favorites"...I love horses very much, dolphins, manatees, sea turtles...and of course, dogs, cats, birds of all species, but I favor finches and hummingbirds--the more exotic the better ... and peacocks!

I think the jaguar is stunningly beautiful. And how could you not love pandas? I should stop now. lol

so, Ski,  does this backyard project involve an ark? 

I am going out to Bonefish for dinner and having that awesome sea bass or salmon with mango salsa and whatever else strikes my fancy. i worked hard around the house this weekend and I just did grueling PT, so I figure, I earned it. :) 

notme Experienced

we ended up having burgers on the grill - got the grandsons here and i hate hot dogs, lolz - bush's baked beans and pot cheese.

ya know, my sister and i have this saying.  it's about nature. ......  <_<

irish, you go ahead and pick one for me because all i can come up with is 'venison' lolz   :ph34r:

notme Experienced

I found a sorghum based roux! Felt like I won a prize!!

hahaaa!  i know what you mean - i have ever danced in the grocery store ("baguettes!!  baguettes!!  yayyyy!!!")   :D