This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

notme Experienced

yummmmz - i was thinking the vanilla with blueberries :)

i have my hubs home for 4 (four) whole days.  and zero kids for 3 (three) of those days - i don't know how to act!   :D  

i am having bonefish (copycat recipe) for dinner tonight, too!!  bang bang shrimp!  <the fireworks theme - happy 4th :)  *i* would like to have plain rice noodles and maybe a salad, but i'm probly gonna do some twice baked mini taters and did you guys say zucchini??  yeah, some kind of ratatoille or however you spells it.   

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

yummmmz - i was thinking the vanilla with blueberries :)

i have my hubs home for 4 (four) whole days.  and zero kids for 3 (three) of those days - i don't know how to act!   :D  

Of course you do! Make him smile!

sexy-girl-winking-smiley-emoticon.gif

We are going kayaking tonight with an adult beverage. Probably just have cheese and crackers and fruit or nachos or something after.

Adalaide Mentor

That ice cream looks good! I really need an ice cream maker. <_<

Tonight is leftover pork and stuff. Probably just a salad since it's supposed to be over 100 today and I won't feel like cooking or like anything heavy. I did make a tuna pasta salad this afternoon though. But that's my "lunch" which is around 4-5 for me.

LauraTX Rising Star

Tonight will be black eyed peas with ham and spinach.  Have a happy and safe holiday tomorrow, don't drink and drive, and don't hold fireworks in your hand when lighting them.

GF Lover Rising Star

BBQ Ribs, Corn on Cob. Adult Beverages.  

We won't see Arlene till Monday  :ph34r:

IrishHeart Veteran

Of course you do! Make him smile!

sexy-girl-winking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Karen, I wish you would stop using my picture on here like that.

BBQ Ribs, Corn on Cob. Adult Beverages.  

or Tuesday...need a day to "rebound" and all... ^_^

kareng Grand Master

Karen, I wish you would stop using my picture on here like that.

^

Well, I wasn't going to use my picture!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Well, I wasn't going to use my picture!

well, we know you look exactly just like me, it's uncanny.... only you're a red head. 

IrishHeart Veteran

Hey Dinner Peeps!

I want to wish you all a safe and happy holiday weekend and to leave you all with this thought:

In the immortal words of Julia Child, when she was asked  "to what do you attribute your long and happy life"? she replied:

"BEEF and GIN."  ( and whoohoo! both are gluten free!!) 

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Love , blessings and  slainte (for those of you who do not speak Gaelic, it means "to your health!")  and remember...don't  ever let the asshats get you down!

Irish.

GF Lover Rising Star

smiley-lights-fireworks.gif

FIREWORKS ARE GLUTEN FREE  :P  HAPPY 4TH ALL  :D

LauraTX Rising Star

Today for lunch we had hot dogs and oven baked sweet potato fries.  Went out for ice cream after.  Then for dinner I had worked up a big appetite reorganizing closets, so I made grilled pork tenderloin with Stubbs BBQ seasoning (certified gluten-free and awesome btw) with corn on the cob and green beans.  At the grocery store today(well technically yesterday it is after midnight), they had a ton of pork tenderloin 2 packs that were dated July 6, all 25% off.   So I stocked up and threw a ton of pre trimmed vacuum packed stuff in the freezer.  Yay for cheap meat!

Adalaide Mentor

I am happily feeling mostly like a human today. Turns out Savella and I can't be friends. But if I feel as much better tomorrow as I do today I should be feeling perfectly fine. Great even.

I did manage to still make a roast for my husband last night. I threw a beef roast in the rotisserie and he made his own fries. I had just a little, but food wasn't agreeing with me much still last night. Bright side? I lost 2 pounds in 5 days! My husband told me last night that he has been craving chicken alfredo, so that's what he'll get for dinner tonight.

GottaSki Mentor

Let's see...yesterday was a crappy day, but today is looking up!

We had Tri-Tip steak strips on the 4th.

Last night we had Ribeyes - yum!!!

Just threw a whole chicken in KFG (aka the Crock Pot) with some herbs.

It is beautiful here which means I need to hide under the numerous umbrellas scattered about....but thankful that I am not in as much pain today.

Happy Sunday Dinner Peeps :wub:

IrishHeart Veteran

We had a lobster/clam/bake with corn and potatoes on the 4th. (glad to know that shellfish is not trying to kill me anymore..)  whoohoo!

Last night, we did some grilled burgers with carmelized onions, sweet potato fries and haricots verts:P karen

Today is  quinoa and black bean stuffed peppers. (and maybe just a wee bit of ice cream)

Monday- cedar planked salmon with mango salsa, grilled asparagus

Tuesday- roast chicken with arugula salad and grilled watermelon wedges, feta and balsamic drizzle

Wednedsay- pork ragout with tagliatelle

Thursday- bison burgers, sweet potato gratin and sauteed chard

Friday - Armenian pizza--made with ground lamb, tomato, onion and spices

Saturday- tuscan white bean soup with kale and chicken sausage

GF Lover Rising Star

I love the cedar planked salmon.  Once at a restaurant where I ate it, I asked for some planks to take home.  He brought me a bag of 30 of them.  I was a happy girl  :D

Colleen

notme Experienced

mleh, i'm making him paint today.  i think we finally found a painter for the gables and high spots.  he wants to start tuesday, which is the first one who actually suggested a target date.  now, that being said, he showed up late and it was already pretty dark to look at what we wanted done.  and he brought his dad, who was pretty juiced up.......   <_<

making venison stroganoff for supper - big fat gluten noodles that he likes :)  and skinny gluten-free noodles for me.  and ima let him pick a veg.  

GF Lover Rising Star

It's dinner time and I'm clueless as to what to have.  A blueberry muffin is a definite possibility  :P

LauraTX Rising Star

Breakfast for dinner today! 

kareng Grand Master

Burgers, salad, watermelon and cherries.

LauraTX Rising Star

Yesterday I made a peach cobbler with all the fresh peaches I have available right now.  It turned out absolutely wonderful.  I used this KAF recipe: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/new-recipe-06/10/2013-gluten-free-peach-cobbler-made-with-baking-mix-recipe  which is nearly identifal to the peach cobbler recipe I used to use pre- gluten-free days.  I highly recommend it.

Tonight is going to be stir fry with chicken, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.

Adalaide Mentor

We're having breakfast tonight. There is bacon in the fridge and I feel like it needs to be eaten. I haven't decided yet if it is just bacon, eggs and hashbrowns or if I'll do pancakes instead of taters. I have plenty of time to decide.

notme Experienced

tonight is skip (lolz i have been pigging out all day, so it's all good)  i *did* have leftover oysters earlier and it was almost suppertime :)  that counts.  and beer has food value - if i make it through this week without my head exploding, it will be an out and out miracle.  5 days til vacation.  5 days til vacation.  5 days til vacation..........   :wacko:

Adalaide Mentor

Pancakes with chocolate mint jelly on them. ohmygawd... I think I've died and gone to heaven! It tastes like there is actual chocolate in the jelly. Too bad I'm too lazy to get a license to sell crap I make at home. I could get rich fast! Holy crap this stuff is like liquid gold. My friend are gonna love me this Christmas. ^_^

IrishHeart Veteran

Holy crap this stuff is like liquid gold. My friend are gonna love me this Christmas. ^_^

Hear that, everybody? we're all getting liquid gold for Christmas! whoohoo!!!

shaking-gift-smiley-emoticon.gif

GottaSki Mentor

Hear that, everybody? we're all getting liquid gold for Christmas! whoohoo!!!

shaking-gift-smiley-emoticon.gif

Christmas in July?  Yay!

with the heat and air quality in paradise I've been toast by dinner time lately...had encore cheese burger for me last night with yam chunks and broccoli.  Men had polska with mac and cheese -- theirs looked good!

today i'm rolling enchiladas early for my house along with a pans for Mom/Sis's apt and Dad...cooling here so I'm hopeful today will be a good one :)