This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

I'm not sure my husband quite understands what his day tomorrow means yet. He got a Saturday off, which I decided meant he's going with me and I get to enjoy the market while he mans the stand. I also told him he can find out what my day is like by going with me to set up, and I don't think he has fully grasped that this means leaving the house at 6:30.

I'll be nice to him tonight. Steaks, stovetop mac & cheese, summer squash and fries. There is still plenty of ice cream in the freezer for dessert. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

SMRI Collaborator

Amy's Shepard's Pie.  It's not bad.  I was busy all day so I didn't take anything out for dinner so it works.

notme Experienced

leftovers!!!!!!!!!!!

but this is what they are:

turkey meatloaf w/cranberry mustard glaze

mashed taters

carrot 'coins' <as if haha

and

ravioli with parmesan cheese sauce

belgian endive w/chopped lobster & blue cheese (broiled a little)  

i am an animal when it comes to seafood on sale :)  get OUT da WAY  :D

oh, and i fixed up a 'swedish chef' snack of baguette, shrimp, honey, mustard & cream cheese - it was nom nom  :)

user001 Contributor

Irish, sorry for the confusion. I was using recipes for low carb baked goods because they usually are flour less, but have a ton of eggs. Which I can't eat :( I care nothing for low carb. I love all the carbs! I just need to shift gears and use traditional recipes, and give in to buying or making gluten free flour because I can't pull off a recipe with 6 eggs using a replacer. Traditional recipes use 1-2 eggs, which is do-able with a replacer.

In other news, feeling fabulous since figuring out eggs were making me feel like hell. Did a bit too much last weekend and slept 13 hrs that night. But I woke up feeling good!

Has anyone tried this new schar bread from the freezer. I had it with sloppy Turkey Joe's tonight. Amazing! And they have a $2 coupon online.

SMRI Collaborator

I tried the Schar shelf-stable bread, wasn't impressed.  It's ok toasted but I like Udi's toasted better.

GF Lover Rising Star

Bought a half dozen readers last evening...and found my Sunglasses after I bought a spare  :huh: 

Was able to find the Kentucky Kernel breading in the pantry and had breaded chops.  Making that strawberry concoction today....maybe blueberry.  Steaks for Dinner with Spinach Salad.  

Colleen

kareng Grand Master

Bought a half dozen readers last evening...and found my Sunglasses after I bought a spare  :huh: 

Was able to find the Kentucky Kernel breading in the pantry and had breaded chops.  Making that strawberry concoction today....maybe blueberry.  Steaks for Dinner with Spinach Salad.  

Colleen

Did you go to the dollar store?  Just testing the reading glassses!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Did you go to the dollar store?  Just testing the reading glassses!

LMAO...I did...that's how I got half a dozen.  I passed your test  B)

SMRI Collaborator

Hubs wants to grill some fish and make fish tacos.  I don't do fish so I'll cook up some chicken.  Went to the farmer's market so I'm going to make http://ifoodreal.com/parmesan-zucchini-sticks-recipe/ for lunch.

SMRI Collaborator

Hubs just improvised some "cookies".  He mixed rice chex, chocolate chex with some peanut butter and corn syrup and rolled them into balls.  It's really good.  Kind of like a special K bar but softer and no frosting, but the chocolate chex gives you the chocolate frosting taste!

GottaSki Mentor

D & D crew arrives in a couple hours.

Going to make another KFG Lasgna...it was so easy and can easily feed eight hungry teens :)

Picked up Blueberries this morning in case I want to try that Brown Butter dealio today...if not mañana.

notme Experienced

Hubs just improvised some "cookies".  He mixed rice chex, chocolate chex with some peanut butter and corn syrup and rolled them into balls.  It's really good.  Kind of like a special K bar but softer and no frosting, but the chocolate chex gives you the chocolate frosting taste!

ah, yes, this diet gives me a legit excuse to play with my food.  which i love   :)

sometimes, i mix yogurt, almond butter, chex mix, honey, and pecans (plus sometimes chocolate chips) and eat it as a snack - it's really UGLY but delicious.  plus, good for gaining weight  ^_^

GottaSki Mentor

it's really UGLY but delicious

Lmao...this describes many of my concoctions...I believe my kid should write a song with this title...credit will be given of course!

GottaSki Mentor

Ps...the crock is full to the brim with six layer lasagna....wondering if the lid will be lifted as noodles cook?

Yes, I am easily amused ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Ps...the crock is full to the brim with six layer lasagna....wondering if the lid will be lifted as noodles cook?

Yes, I am easily amused ;)

As you know full well, I am easily amused too. Let me know what happens with the KFG experiment . KaBAM!  ^_^

On the road tomorrow...2 week road trip ---a 3000 mile round trip (geesh, I could have just driven to San Diego) . I will be eating everything that was not eaten last night for dinner and getting my stuff together. Koolatron will be full, Have a box of  G F treats for us, my cousin and Mom (also gluten-free) and I will be seeing my friend with the G F bakery, so lord knows, I won't starve. Staying 2 nights with that G F cousin, so that should be good. 

I'll be dining out several times. (many of them are Bonefish Grills), so please keep all your collective fingers crossed. Thanks!

Stay well, peeps. I'll see you all later. 

Bye Colleen.! talk to you soon! :lol: 

GF Lover Rising Star

ZOOM IN...when you take pics.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .  

Colleen

GottaSki Mentor

Safe travels Irish! Crossing what I got for your gastronomic adventures :)

Adalaide Mentor

Be safe, and most important... HAVE FUN! :D

LauraTX Rising Star

Have a great time on vacation!! :)

What have I eaten lately?  Last night was chicken enchiladas that I had froze on an earlier date.  Day before I made myself gnocchi with sauteed mushrooms and zuchinni- so gooood!  Earlier this week we tried out the trader joes brown rice tortillas and made quesadillas.  They taste good but they hurt my jaw chewing them.  Tonight I have some leftover grilled chicken I am going to throw into a stir fry.  

Start my job this week, have to get over the hurdle of crazy schedule stuff and then it will be back to my normal in about 2 months.  I will probably grill up a bunch of chicken and make myself a salad with that in it to take every day.  

GottaSki Mentor

Start my job this week, have to get over the hurdle of crazy schedule stuff and then it will be back to my normal in about 2 months.  I will probably grill up a bunch of chicken and make myself a salad with that in it to take every day.

Congratulations on the new job!

What do you do?

And absolutely throw cooked diced chicken in the freeze. Helps throw great lunches together.

LauraTX Rising Star

Congratulations on the new job!

What do you do?

And absolutely throw cooked diced chicken in the freeze. Helps throw great lunches together.

Do you think if I just freeze portions of cut up chicken and toss them on top of the salad frozen, they will thaw okay by lunch time?  Would be the night before.  I needed a physically non-demanding job am going to be taking calls for a big company.  Train there 2 months and then work from home, it'll be 20 hours a week, create your own schedule as long as you meet a certain number of hours, etc.  And the times they want are when my husband is at work so perfect on that end.  The best part is due to the flexibility, I won't have to disclose any of my illnesses.  I have heard they treat their employees well and such-they were very picky in the application/interview process, so I am hoping for the best!

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

This week has been a lot of fruits, foster farms corn dogs, and sandwiches. Yes, sandwiches on nice moist no toasting needed gluten free bread! I was at Kroger last week and the lady that stocks the health food section told me about Pure Knead bread...certified gluten free, no toasting, and moist! It almost tastes like "normal" folk bread, and it's made in good old Decatur, GA!! Needless to say, I'm picking up a case of it at Kroger tomorrow, shod last me a week or so!

GottaSki Mentor

Do you think if I just freeze portions of cut up chicken and toss them on top of the salad frozen, they will thaw okay by lunch time? Would be the night before. I needed a physically non-demanding job am going to be taking calls for a big company. Train there 2 months and then work from home, it'll be 20 hours a week, create your own schedule as long as you meet a certain number of hours, etc. And the times they want are when my husband is at work so perfect on that end. The best part is due to the flexibility, I won't have to disclose any of my illnesses. I have heard they treat their employees well and such-they were very picky in the application/interview process, so I am hoping for the best!

Absolutely! I have one freezer door shelf filled with baked or BBQ'd chicken in all forms. And I have thrown frozen diced chicken on a rough salad (by rough I mean chopped veggies over a bit of lettice). Make sure to bring dressing separate. I like tiny bottles that I freeze so it adds a bit of chill factor to salads.

GottaSki Mentor

This week has been a lot of fruits, foster farms corn dogs, and sandwiches. Yes, sandwiches on nice moist no toasting needed gluten free bread! I was at Kroger last week and the lady that stocks the health food section told me about Pure Knead bread...certified gluten free, no toasting, and moist! It almost tastes like "normal" folk bread, and it's made in good old Decatur, GA!! Needless to say, I'm picking up a case of it at Kroger tomorrow, shod last me a week or so!

Yum!

Doh...Mother Hen kicked in...what are you placing on these wonderful pieces of bread?

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

Yum!

Doh...Mother Hen kicked in...what are you placing on these wonderful pieces of bread?

Boars Head meats and cheeses.

http://boarshead.com/health-wellness/information/gluten-free/