Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

Adalaide: Maybe I'm doing it wrong.  <_<

I don't quite know what to say..... We just do it together.  -_-

Ads by Google:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. <_<

Maybe if you just didn't " do it" until he cleans up? :)

Ski, my sweet...You know I don't lie....this french onion soup is fantastic. YUM indeed. :)

lol.....J says: Tell the girls....it's "deliciouso".

That's his best compliment....well, that and licking the spoon and the bowl and giving my some hugs and lovins.  ^_^

and happily cleaning up....

Thanks for the great idea and J's wholehearted approval. My hubs and I made a deal when we met...whomever cooks doesn't clean...on nights we both cooked, we both cleaned up....until the boys were big enough to take over...same deal if they cook the rest of us clean up...when they were little and were bickering during KP...we went to an every other night routine...now that they are out with work, school or friends many nights the system is a bit clunky.

You're funny! I shouldn't complain. He helps me cook frequently so it isn't like I'm alone in the kitchen doing all the work. And if I nag hard enough ask nicely I can get him to put the dry dishes away. :lol:

I'm cooking a chicken tonight. In all my 32 years of life, I have never cooked a chicken before. But my kitty cat is part of the family and I want him to have homemade food too sometimes. So I'm taking the plunge and hoping that the chicken turns out okay. And considering that the cat is the only one who's going to eat it (and I've never seen him salt and herb a wild animal before eating it) he probably shouldn't be too hard to please. :P

Initially, I was going to buy the cat an organic chicken until I saw the price tag of $20. So I bought him a free range chicken for $5. Hopefully he enjoys it.

I'm cooking a chicken tonight. In all my 32 years of life, I have never cooked a chicken before. But my kitty cat is part of the family and I want him to have homemade food too sometimes. So I'm taking the plunge and hoping that the chicken turns out okay. And considering that the cat is the only one who's going to eat it (and I've never seen him salt and herb a wild animal before eating it) he probably shouldn't be too hard to please. :P

Initially, I was going to buy the cat an organic chicken until I saw the price tag of $20. So I bought him a free range chicken for $5. Hopefully he enjoys it.

I used to prepare plain roast chicken so that the dog (who had IBS) could eat with us.

just microwave it.  Nothing fancy

I say bake it...and if it's a whole chicken packaged with giblets...boil and chop those....cat will love you....well until you do something to disrupt its purrfect world ;)

Thanks for the great idea and J's wholehearted approval. My hubs and I made a deal when we met...whomever cooks doesn't clean...on nights we both cooked, we both cleaned up....until the boys were big enough to take over...same deal if they cook the rest of us clean up...when they were little and were bickering during KP...we went to an every other night routine...now that they are out with work, school or friends many nights the system is a bit clunky.

so funny....my Dad's rule was "whomever cooks does not clean" LOL

He was often the first parent home from work, so he started dinner. We all helped, set the table, cut the veggies, etc.

We kids usually cleared, put away the "encores" lol and washed and put away the dishes. No machine dishwasher back then.

We all had chores. And my SIL is grateful to have a hubs like my brother who  cleans, grocery shops, runs the laundry through and makes awesome sauce and meatballs. I think he's probably the best "wife" of us all.  ^_^

just microwave it.  Nothing fancy

I don't own a microwave. 

I say bake it...and if it's a whole chicken packaged with giblets...boil and chop those....cat will love you....well until you do something to disrupt its purrfect world ;)

I did bake it. It seems to have gotten done, as the juices ran clear. The cat didn't eat very much though. Do you think that it was the texture? Should I grind it up some? The cat was hanging out at the door purring as it was cooking and hubby theorized that he could smell it cooking.

man, they love those boiled giblets..... ^_^ my kitties always worshipped me when I did that for them. well, for a few seconds anyway.

yes, bake that chicken. easy peasy.

Edited: you posted as I did, Ruth...Okay, saw you had baked it....do not worry about the "texture"....he will eat it. They don't eat much at one time.

Edited by IrishHeart

and go get a haircut today. I'm still debating how much I'll get cut off. I might go crazy and go all the way up to my shoulders, I'm feeling adventurous. :blink:

If you donated enough, I hope you managed to get it donated to a charity that makes wigs for cancer patients. (Sorry, but that topic hits rather close to home right now)

Those look nice. I might try them. I just don't really need to eat them....

How about you try making them, and I will eat them for you?

Thank you Lisa sweets!! Those are the ones i was talking about!

I have sherried onion soup in the KFG and my house smells FAB!!!

I must not be in the loop....which means I'm probably too old for modern lingo (which is saying something cuz I'm it that old), but what is "KFG"?

I must not be in the loop....which means I'm probably too old for modern lingo (which is saying something cuz I'm it that old), but what is "KFG"?

Karen's Favorite gadget.   ;)

Or maybe dinner was too good and he was too full from such a good dinner to move. (Kinda like women like to say "I shouldn't be able to get up and make a sandwich after we 'do it'."<-------and no I'm not saying I expect a sandwich.)

Or maybe dinner was too good and he was too full from such a good dinner to move. (Kinda like women like to say "I shouldn't be able to get up and make a sandwich after we 'do it'."<-------and no I'm not saying I expect a sandwich.)

What women say that?  And even more odd....what guy asks a girl to get up and make a sandwich?   :blink:

If you donated enough, I hope you managed to get it donated to a charity that makes wigs for cancer patients. (Sorry, but that topic hits rather close to home right now)

I did get it cut all the way up to my shoulders. It was quite a bit off, but not nearly enough to donate. Only about 4 or 5 inches. You have to have 10 inches cut off to donate it. I'd be bald if I cut that much off. :ph34r: Shoulder length is extremely short for me, and as short as I'm willing to ever go. It's layered and super adorable, I love it. I'm not having any of the cut lots off regrets like I sometimes do.

Well, other than finishing the jerky in the dehydrator and cutting up the cheese and separating it and the crackers and pepperoni out into baggies we're ready. Oh, and I still have to do my mani tomorrow but I didn't want to have a chance to chip it so I was waiting til the last minute. I was disappointed today when I stopped in the Asian market down in Provo and they didn't sell the pad Thai sauce I like, but they had an orange sauce in the same brand. The owner of the store recommended a different brand of pad Thai but when I explained that the reason I bought the one I did was because it was gluten-free she said she'd start carrying it again. :D I was worried I'd have to start making my own. :lol:

Well, other than finishing the jerky in the dehydrator 

All because he won't clean the kitchen after dinner?   :lol:

What women say that? And even more odd....what guy asks a girl to get up and make a sandwich? :blink:

It's a running thing with the people in their 20's...post "doing it"....man: "make me a sandwich"....woman: "if you would 'do it' right, I wouldn't be able to move to make you a sandwich."....I guess I just showed my age there

Sorry if this sounds gross...but if your kitty is a hunter, she may like her chicken baked on the rare side ;)

other than finishing the jerky in the dehydrator 

All because he won't clean the kitchen after dinner?   :lol:

that was funny, K! 

For breakfast this morning, we're having oven roasted veggies and Beyond Meat chicken free strips with rice. My kids don't always eat regular breakfast foods like oatmeal very well so sometimes it's easier just to fix something else that they enjoy more. And hey, if my kids want veggies for breakfast, all the more power to them. LOL!

We had a late night last night finishing an Ebay sale, so we're sleeping in a bit before starting homeschool this morning.