This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

icelandgirl Proficient

Crock pot sesame orange chicken, rice and sugar snap peas for tonight.

Really need to start getting things ready for Thanksgiving...we're going to my mom's but I'm bringing a lot of the stuff.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

bartfull Rising Star

I usually eat a small breakfast, a big lunch and then a small supper. I cooked that turkey and will be having that for lunch today. And yesterday, one day only, the store had russet potatoes on sale - a five pound bag for FORTY-EIGHT CENTS, limit 2 per customer, so I'll be having a baked potato with my turkey.

But for breakfast (and supper later) I have grilled cheese. I got the Schar multi-grain bread by mistake. (I had wanted to get the white to make stuffing with.) And I got the big block of American cheese. I'll tell you, that Schar multi-grain makes the best darned grilled cheese I may have ever had.

icelandgirl Proficient

Bart...I just love your enthusiasm for the foods that you've gotten back! It gives me hope that someday I will be able to eat more things too. Thanks for sharing it!

bartfull Rising Star

Thanks! I learned patience and self-control while I was so restricted so in the long run it was good for me. And now I just want to celebrate.

It'll happen for you too. And when it does you'd better watch your figure! :lol: I thought giving up ice cream would make me lose weight but with all the ymmy things I've gotten back I fear I'm eating more now than I ever did! :ph34r:

icelandgirl Proficient

Ahhh...patience...that ever elusive patience. Still a hard one for me...but you definitely give me hope!

shadowicewolf Proficient

So, I got a box of glutino corn bread stuffing. Could I substitute the butter it asks for with olive oil?

SMRI Collaborator

Dinner tonight, turkey, mashed potatoes, etc :D  Happy Thanksgiving!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LauraTX Rising Star

So, I got a box of glutino corn bread stuffing. Could I substitute the butter it asks for with olive oil?

I know its probably too late (was afk for thanksgiving) but it should work well.

Had a great thanksgiving dinner yesterday, leftovers today!  Yumyumyumyum.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I know its probably too late (was afk for thanksgiving) but it should work well.

Had a great thanksgiving dinner yesterday, leftovers today!  Yumyumyumyum.

It did. :) It turned out to be very good.

LauraTX Rising Star

Today I am making spaghetti with broccoli.  And some of those immaculate baking company chocolate fudge cookies (purple box mix).... yum yum!

kareng Grand Master

Lets see.  Haven't posted in a while, so some catch-up

We made some great pizzas on pizza crusts from a local bakery - cheese & feta; pepperoni, jalapeno & pineapple; red onions and bacon; and a BBQ chicken - Gates BBQ sauce for the sauce, grilled chicken, red onions, cheddar & moz.

Turkey sandwiches on millet rolls, left-over scalloped potatoes & carrot sticks & chocolate and apple cinnamon cupcakes.

Burgers and foil packet red potatoes & more cupcakes

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Sounds good kareng! Do you have a recipe for the millet rolls?

kareng Grand Master

Sounds good kareng! Do you have a recipe for the millet rolls?

No. They are from a gluten-free bakery close to my house.

LauraTX Rising Star

Last night I made Spaghetti with Broccoli.  Today will be beef stir fry with brown rice.  

I put in a huge order for canyon bakehouse bread... if you order $50+ it is free shipping with code "canyonfreeship".  The email I got says it is good through Friday.  So excited to have a good stockup of bread!  I will probably eat it all too quickly... lol.

icelandgirl Proficient

It's cold today...beef stew in the crockpot and corn bread to go with it.

LauraTX Rising Star

Cold here, too!  I put some beans on the crock pot, black beans with bacon and I will probably fry up some sweet potatoes to go with it.

gilligan Enthusiast

I made white pork chili from Danielle Walker's book Meals Made Simple, and a Schar's baguette.  Both were really good! 

icelandgirl Proficient

Tonight we are having roasted chicken, roasted root veggies and a tossed salad.

bartfull Rising Star

COD!! The healthfood store had wild caught Alaskan cod for a good price. I'll be broiling it with butter and bread crumbs. I'll probably have a baked potato and some broccoli with it. And I WILL be sharing with the cat. (She loves cod almost as much as I do.)

SMRI Collaborator

Went to Jimmy John's last night.  I checked and double checked with them to make sure everything was gluten-free--or what I could have was gluten-free.  They called their manager to "verify" too....sicker than a dog today.  Did some more research, their roast beef is NOT gluten-free....I will be stopping by to make sure they don't do that to someone else.  I am on the road traveling and it was pretty much my only option.  I have some food with me but I did plan to eat out last night so I did not bring "dinner" food.....ugggggg.

kareng Grand Master

It's cold today...beef stew in the crockpot and corn bread to go with it.

We had beef stew last night, too!  With some experimental "pop-over" rolls.  The rolls were very "eggy"- not really what we wanted but OK.

Sunday night we had the best green chili pork stew!  Cooked the pork for 4 hours in the oven, then made the stew!  It was fabulous!  We are having more tonight!

SMRI Collaborator

Anyone have any ideas for a gluten-free substitute for Guinness Beer?  I have an Irish Stew recipe that we like to make in the winter but it needs Guinness or a dark beer.

psawyer Proficient

Guinness is something I still miss. I don't know of any gluten-free beer that is even close.

SMRI Collaborator

Guinness is something I still miss. I don't know of any gluten-free beer that is even close.

I think the overall flavor would be fine even if it's not drinkable as a solo delight :D.  Probably can't duplicate it gluten-free though since it's such a gluten heavy drink.

moosemalibu Collaborator

Sadly just had gluten free chicken strips and oreida fries for dinner tonight. We ran out of Thanksgiving leftovers and have yet to venture into the grocery stores to replenish.