Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

The kids have a snow day...they are so excited to go sledding! I'm making chili in the crock pot and corn bread to go with for dinner to warm everyone up.

Ads by Google:

Braised beef in the dutch oven covered in a layer of onions and garlic w/ thyme, a layer of sliced potatoes w. EVOO and rosemary and a grating of parmesan, a layer of sliced whole tomato from the can, repeat layers... shove it in the oven for 4 hours. :D

Just finished a marinara sauce for French bread pizzas dinner. I still need to bake the bread. I will make cheese ones for the 2 younger kids, the works for hubby and my oldest and a caprese...light on the mozzarella for me. I've just started dabbling in a bit of dairy. I'll make a big tossed salad to go along with.

. I've just started dabbling in a bit of dairy.

"dabbling in a bit of dairy"  For some reason this just tickles me!  lol 

laughing-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif

"dabbling in a bit of dairy"  For some reason this just tickles me!  lol 

laughing-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lol! Glad I could make you laugh.

Just finished a marinara sauce for French bread pizzas dinner. I still need to bake the bread. I will make cheese ones for the 2 younger kids, the works for hubby and my oldest and a caprese...light on the mozzarella for me. I've just started dabbling in a bit of dairy. I'll make a big tossed salad to go along with.

These were a huge hit with all! I was asked to make them again and one of my boys asked if he could have the recipe when he's grown up and has his own house. Lol!

Tonight I'm making chicken enchiladas and cilantro lime rice.

"Rosemary Baby" Grilled Cheese (Muenster cheese and home made apple butter with fresh chopped rosemary on gluten-free rice blend homemade bread) and some Home made roasted tomato creamy soup.  oh its smelling so good. I cant wait for the man to get home from work so we can dig in.

That grilled cheese sounds really good!  Tonight I am treating myself to gluten-free pizza.  Nomnomnom.

swedish venison pot roast in the crock pot (kfg :) ! )  mashed taters, carrots.  

made chocolate chip cookies from the atk cookbook yesterday - used domato (donato?) flour and didn't realize it already had xanthan gum in it, so they are super chewy <pretty tasty, actually)  i like them a little flatter, but they're still good.  

a word of advice:  those cookie dough fundraisers (this particular company is 'classic cookie') are now offering gluten free chocolate chip dough.  don't bother unless you like crunchy dirt  ^_^  also, manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts, treenut and wheat products (but they don't tell you that until you get the container - it has a disclaimer sticker on the lid...   <_<  )

Good info on the cookie dough.  At least Celiac gives me a reason to turn down all those overpriced fundraisers I am asked to buy from, LOL.

I am eating a chunky monkey cupcake from my favorite gluten-free bakery.  Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana. Pretty good!  They also had eclairs, first one I have had since DX.

i could inhale an eclair...........

I have three in the freezer.  The point was to forget and eat later but I may have to pull one out, lol.  I forgot to thaw anything out for tonight so... hamburgers maybe, or chicken nuggets and tater tots, for tonight.  Will see how I feel!

Baked chicken parmesan with noodles, garlic bread and green beans.

Last night - cheese, crackers, fruit & wine.

Tonight - grilled salmon with a grilled pineapple salsa, brocoli gratin, Lundberg rice mix, Talenti gelato - coffee with choc chips. Maybe some wine?

Baked chicken parmesan with noodles, garlic bread and green beans.

Have a recipe you would share? Which noodles do you like for this?

OOo I made the house some lasagna last night.

Switched out regular pasta with the Tinkyada lasagna noodles. oh my!!!

I followed some online suggestions instead of the box directions. I only boiled the noodles for about 2 minutes then too then out and lined them on the counter. I ran then through my olive oiled fingers so they wouldnt stick to each other or anything.  I used two boxes, and had 3/4 of a box left over (which I broke up and used to make and freeze a cheaters lasagna pot). It takes 4 noodles across and one on the end for each layer. There are 16 in each box.

OOo I made the house some lasagna last night.

Switched out regular pasta with the Tinkyada lasagna noodles. oh my!!!

I followed some online suggestions instead of the box directions. I only boiled the noodles for about 2 minutes then too then out and lined them on the counter. I ran then through my olive oiled fingers so they wouldnt stick to each other or anything.  I used two boxes, and had 3/4 of a box left over (which I broke up and used to make and freeze a cheaters lasagna pot). It takes 4 noodles across and one on the end for each layer. There are 16 in each box.

I use those noodles for lasagna and I don't bother cooking them at all.  They work great that way and saves some time and mess.

Have a recipe you would share? Which noodles do you like for this?

Sure...here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html

I did make my own marinara, although I've used jarred as well. I make the bread crumbs too. I also use more butter and mozzarella than listed. Lol! I guess is just a guideline more than a recipe at this point. For noodles last night I used Ronzoni. Everyone loved it!

Tonight we are having Asian meatballs with a sesame lime sauce, rice, carrots and sugar snap peas.

Sure...here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html

I did make my own marinara, although I've used jarred as well. I make the bread crumbs too. I also use more butter and mozzarella than listed. Lol! I guess is just a guideline more than a recipe at this point. For noodles last night I used Ronzoni. Everyone loved it!

Thanks.  that sounds easy and yummy

Tonight we are having a salad with a Spicy peanut dressing  & chicken.

I use those noodles for lasagna and I don't bother cooking them at all.  They work great that way and saves some time and mess.

Really?  Excellent.  Next time I will just put them right in! :D TY for the tip!

Really?  Excellent.  Next time I will just put them right in! :D TY for the tip!

My homemade sauce is pretty thick/dry -so I add a little extra water. Jarred sauce is usually wet enough to cook the noodles.

My homemade sauce is pretty thick/dry -so I add a little extra water. Jarred sauce is usually wet enough to cook the noodles.

Yeah I normally keep mine sauce super dry too because I usually use it for spiralized noodles but I added some water to this for the noodles to absorb. :D