This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

icelandgirl Proficient

You should come to Colorado... so pretty!

No egg noodles...I wish! No lingonberry either. But it will be yummy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

LauraTX Rising Star

Yesterday we made spaghetti.  Tonight I have some chicken to grill up, and the rest of the week I have easy stuff lined up since I have to go for IVIG tomorrow.  I had a 1/4 sized dose of the new stuff last week and it made me almost as ill as the last stuff, so I anticipate not feeling well and being away from the computer for a few days.

bartfull Rising Star

OK, it won't be for dinner but my big meal is lunch - I just had some lasagna that a gluten-free friend sent over. Her whole house is gluten-free so I know it was safe, and WOW! Was it good! She used the tinkyada noodles and it had meat and two different cheeses and mushrooms and who knows what else in it. It was the first lasagna I've had in four years. I've got some of the tinky noodles at home but haven't gotten around to making it yet. Think I'm going to have to do it soon because you know how it is with lasagna - one serving is never enough.

icelandgirl Proficient

OK, it won't be for dinner but my big meal is lunch - I just had some lasagna that a gluten-free friend sent over. Her whole house is gluten-free so I know it was safe, and WOW! Was it good! She used the tinkyada noodles and it had meat and two different cheeses and mushrooms and who knows what else in it. It was the first lasagna I've had in four years. I've got some of the tinky noodles at home but haven't gotten around to making it yet. Think I'm going to have to do it soon because you know how it is with lasagna - one serving is never enough.

Lasagna sounds so good Bart! Lucky you to have a friend like that!

Tonight will be pork carnitas with cilantro like rice.

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Well, we are having celebratory sandwiches.  The rest of the clan always asks if we can PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSE have my tomato bacon jam grilled cheese sandwiches. I always say "we already had them this month!"

But today, I am pretty sure I landed a job after a very very excellent interview.  I wore my lucky socks too, just in case.  So.. Here is to hope!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/blog/1148/entry-2046-blt-cheddar-melts-w-tomato-bacon-jam/

icelandgirl Proficient

Well, we are having celebratory sandwiches.  The rest of the clan always asks if we can PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSE have my tomato bacon jam grilled cheese sandwiches. I always say "we already had them this month!"

But today, I am pretty sure I landed a job after a very very excellent interview.  I wore my lucky socks too, just in case.  So.. Here is to hope!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/blog/1148/entry-2046-blt-cheddar-melts-w-tomato-bacon-jam/

Ooh...exciting! Let us know when you find out! I'm sure the lucky socks did it!
icelandgirl Proficient

Grilled rosemary lemon chicken, grilled zucchini, roasted potatoes. Yum! Taking advantage of our nice weather before the snow this weekend!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Last night I made chicken noodle soup!

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Last night I made chicken noodle soup!

We did Chicken and rice soup. Its just a good week for this kind of flavour , no? :D  Plus... I can just direct the boyfriend and the teenager to put it together so I do not have to cook. For two days....

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Tonight is home made to order chinese take out night

The requests are Mongolian Beef, Hunan Beef, and Spicy Garlic Chicken and Snow Peas.  Also a side of cream cheese wontons and fried rice. I couldnt find gluten-free soy sauce so I will be using Braggs Coconut Aminos.

I will be making the gluten free / grain free wontons for the very first time so I hope it goes well!.

kareng Grand Master

Looks like no one has eaten dinner or cooked for a few days!   :D

My hub was out of town for a few days - so I didn't really cook much of anything.

Last night we had a lovely potato and pancetta frittata.  With a spinach, orange, red onion, feta and vinegrette salad.

Tonight -  chipolte chicken chili

MycasMommy Enthusiast

That salad sounds yummy Kareng!

I have been letting things slide.  SO far this week I have made up a GIANT batch of Colcannon that we ate for 2 days.

Last night I made home made chinese. Hunan Beef with extra vegetables, Fried rice, and a LOT of fried wontons... except made them in spring roll wrappers.  Filled them with cream cheese, sriracha, and green onions, and made a dipping sauce of honey, sriracha, and soy sauce (actually coconut aminos). We all went to bed feeling so full it was almost uncomfortable..no..it WAS uncomfortable LOL

icelandgirl Proficient

We've had a week with activities right around dinner...A band concert one night, high school orientation another. I let the kids eat hot dogs for dinner one night. They were super happy. Another night I made chicken sandwiches and last night was chili. Tonight I'm making coconut flour crusted chicken tenders, tossed salad and roasted sweet potatoes.

LauraTX Rising Star

Well I have been on a lazy streak since I had lots of medical stuff going on recently, laundry laying around the house... I did clean the toilets, though, LOL.  Catching up now, finally.  Until next Tuesday another IVIG treatment.  My new stuff seems promising on making me less sick afterwards.  Today I made chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and carrots to add a veggie in there, lol.  A meal I make like once or twice a year, so good though.  I made a big batch of crock pot red beans earlier this week, with some cornbread.  Ate on that a few days.  This weekend I was feeling really poorly and I just told my husband I want comfort tasty food and to please take me to get pizza at our favorite place, LOL.  So, we did that.  I ate a lot of it, kind of sat heavy but it was good!  

I got a new blender since I blew my last one up, it was a $10 cheap crappy one, lol. I got the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ on sale for $50 off at Target.  I like it, kind of in between small and large, but I don't need their giant jar blenders that come with a mixing bowl thing, I already have other tools that can do that stuff.  

Tomorrow I think I am just going to make some grilled chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and green beans. 

LauraTX Rising Star

Well, it is snowing in the DFW area.  Roads are totally a mess since it started after people went to work and then they all tried to slip n slide home.. LOL.  My husband stayed home and here in a little bit he is going to make me a grilled cheese, and I am going to try my hand at making gluten-free Cinnamon Rolls... the right way with yeast and stuff.  Something I haven't had in years.  Using the KAF recipe... wish me luck!  LOL

icelandgirl Proficient

Laura...Please report back on the cinnamon rolls. They sound great. My kids would love it if I made them. I made gluten free chocolate donuts for Valentines Day breakfast and the looks on their faces were priceless.

Tonight I'm having what has become my Friday night dinner...salmon, baked sweet potato and zucchini sautéed in coconut oil. Yum!

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Good Luck Laura!  I hope they turn out perfect! :D :D  My SO secretly goes to cinnabon (like i don;t know?) hahaha  He has an addiction.  I tried a few times but I havent been able to get them just right.

Tonight we are having Philly Cheesesteak Macaroni and Cheese (thank you Tinkyada!) and a nice anti-pasto salad alongside.

icelandgirl Proficient

Mycasmom...will you be sharing the recipe? Sounds great. My husband is from Philly and a good cheesesteak has always been his fave.

MycasMommy Enthusiast

Mycasmom...will you be sharing the recipe? Sounds great. My husband is from Philly and a good cheesesteak has always been his fave.

I could do that if you like.. That is a tough one to make Dairy free though??

icelandgirl Proficient

I could do that if you like.. That is a tough one to make Dairy free though??

That's ok. I'm just dairy light. I've been dabbling in a bit of dairy and it's been great. Everyone else in my house eats dairy too. Thanks!
MycasMommy Enthusiast

That's ok. I'm just dairy light. I've been dabbling in a bit of dairy and it's been great. Everyone else in my house eats dairy too. Thanks!

haha ok :D  Here you GO!

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/blog/1148/entry-2050-philly-cheesesteak-mac-cheese/

and https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/blog/1148/entry-2049-anti-pasto-salad/

Zebra007 Contributor
Although its hot where I live I still like to make curry..and so tonight I used my Wok to make a real nice chicken curry.   I like to make my curries on top of the cooker sometimes rather than putting them in the oven, usually when I want to cut down on time.   And so  I threw in the chicken, with (3 tsp ghee  which I made myself, as it is then lactose and casein free) 1 onion,4 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp sugar, salt, garlic, finger of grated ginger,handful of sultanas, tin of coconut milk, and six tomatoes, ( I have been avoiding tomatoes recently, but I feel like its an important ingredient for my curry),and then I added the coconut cream from the top of the coconut milk,stirred it all in, and left it to cook slowly...just before serving I add some cilantro ....and it was delicious!!

I also made an apple crumble, mainly because my daughter is coming over later and she absolutely loves them!  The difference with this one is that I added some oats and a few nuts to the mix which gives it an interesting twist.

I have had a craving for chocolate recently, I miss not being able to just pick up a chocolate bar..and so I put a cup of dairy free choc chips into a bowl, and into the microwave, when melted I added a small handful of Almonds (without their skin) a small handful of plump sultanas, and a small handful of Pecans, and hazelnuts, I stirred them all together and placed a spoonful on a tray covered with grease proof paper. I got about 12 chocolate nutty Fridays from this recipe, and they will last me quite some time in the fridge. I think its just knowing that I can have something really nice when I want to that stops me from feeling miserable sometimes about food. 

Also I stopped smoking last year, and so I have become a lot more interested in food!!
LauraTX Rising Star

The cinnamon rolls were a success!!  These roll up easily if you follow their directions.  Great texture... perfect.  They have you bake them in muffin tins so they aren't perfectly straight, but they rise well and have a lovely top for the icing to melt in to.  http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-cinnamon-rolls-recipe  

kareng Grand Master

The cinnamon rolls were a success!!  These roll up easily if you follow their directions.  Great texture... perfect.  They have you bake them in muffin tins so they aren't perfectly straight, but they rise well and have a lovely top for the icing to melt in to.  http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-cinnamon-rolls-recipe

Great!

We used some left over chicken chili on nachos. I really need to figure out how to cook now M is at college and no longer eating left overs for lunch!

icelandgirl Proficient

How exciting! Definitely going to be trying that!