This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

kareng Grand Master

Chicken Shawarma on  a big salad with a lemon TAhini dressing .  So yummy and easy.  We grilled the chicken but it was dark and gin couldn’t see, so he brought it in and I put a little oil in a pan and finished it .  

https://www.zenbelly.com/2018/06/29/chicken-shawarma/

Added a little more lemon- 

https://www.zenbelly.com/2018/05/08/lemon-tahini-dressing/     

This would be good on grilled veggies or instead of mayo on a sandwich 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GFinDC Veteran

Pork chops.  Chocolate rice cakes with peanut butter.  And water.

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Had Califlour foods plant based crust, with a thin smear of sauce and Miyoko Vegan mozz and turkey Italian sausage for breakfast. lunch was a spinach quiche with vegan mozz and a mix of sugarless cookies and chocolate chip cookies from my bakery. Had some pork rinds for a snack.
Doing a egg dish tomorrow with some older bagels from my bakery soaked anthem and baked topped with vegan cream cheese cheese spread and quiche again tomorrow for lunch.

kareng Grand Master

Am I the only one? I don’t like all these Cauliflower pizza crusts.  They taste like cauliflower to me and I am not a big fan of cauliflower.  

I feel Like everyone loves them but me!

Ennis-TX Grand Master
1 hour ago, kareng said:

Am I the only one? I don’t like all these Cauliflower pizza crusts.  They taste like cauliflower to me and I am not a big fan of cauliflower.  

I feel Like everyone loves them but me!

It is one of two store bought crust I can eat since I require gluten-free, Dairy-Free, and Low carb. Mikey's Makes once also but it taste more like a flat bread. Waiting for RealGood Foods to make a chicken and vegan cheese crust -_-
In the mean time I can use
Bagels or the Little Italy Paleo Bread from by bakery toasted a few min at 400F and melt vegan mozz and a bit of sauce on them.
Upside portabello mushrooms with sauce vegan mozz and it taste like a supreme bagel bite almost
Make a Almond Flour based crust but it tends to be softer then I would like
Blend chicken bread, eggs, and vegan mozz in a food processor form into a crust and bake (you can buy chicken and cheese crust from Real good Foods and some restaurants) Fun thing I have also done is cut open chicken breast, stuff them with vegan mozzarella, and sauce, bake them then top with more cheese sauce, and pepperoni and broil a bit Like chicken cordon bleu pizza style
I actually like making my own cauliflower crust....I blend it with vegan cheese and it is super good.
Sometimes I just bake a batch of my vegan cheesy bread and dip it in sauce or make a quiche with mozz and oooflavors Pizza flavor drops and spread a thin layer of sauce over the top.....

>,< I enjoy pizza in different forms I just do not wish to end up in the ER or kill myself lol

kareng Grand Master
1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

It is one of two store bought crust I can eat since I require gluten-free, Dairy-Free, and Low carb. Mikey's Makes once also but it taste more like a flat bread. Waiting for RealGood Foods to make a chicken and vegan cheese crust -_-
In the mean time I can use
Bagels or the Little Italy Paleo Bread from by bakery toasted a few min at 400F and melt vegan mozz and a bit of sauce on them.
Upside portabello mushrooms with sauce vegan mozz and it taste like a supreme bagel bite almost
Make a Almond Flour based crust but it tends to be softer then I would like
Blend chicken bread, eggs, and vegan mozz in a food processor form into a crust and bake (you can buy chicken and cheese crust from Real good Foods and some restaurants) Fun thing I have also done is cut open chicken breast, stuff them with vegan mozzarella, and sauce, bake them then top with more cheese sauce, and pepperoni and broil a bit Like chicken cordon bleu pizza style
I actually like making my own cauliflower crust....I blend it with vegan cheese and it is super good.
Sometimes I just bake a batch of my vegan cheesy bread and dip it in sauce or make a quiche with mozz and oooflavors Pizza flavor drops and spread a thin layer of sauce over the top.....

>,< I enjoy pizza in different forms I just do not wish to end up in the ER or kill myself lol

I understand!  But so many people here in KC rave about the Costco pizza and the one you had and this restaurant that uses it, and they all love it.  Something must be wrong with me!  Lol ? 

And the topping & stuffing chicken with all the pizza toppings!  Yes!  And add some bread crumbs in the mix!

cyclinglady Grand Master

Boring night.  Just a green salad, grilled rosemary chicken, sautéed spinach, and rice (for the kid).  Nothing fancy.  We are detoxing from our vacation.  Too many gluten-free goodies and snacks!  

I did buy that cauliflower pizza for my hubby.  He likes to add more veggies and meat to it. He likes it.    Not me.  No garlic for this girl!  

Edited by cyclinglady

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

We are having nachos made with the little bit of taco filling we had

notme Experienced

great idea resurrecting this thread!  i'm always looking for meal ideas.  husband is NO HELP lolz.  he just wants:  food.  the kind you eat....

weekend eats:

Friday, we had little chicken legs we did in an asain/miso marinade & baste and some tomatoes just chunked up from the garden.  trying to cut carbs a little and eat more veggies, so no taters or noodles.

Saturday we made open face (floured and fried) cod sandwiches with arugula and fresh herbs from the garden.  the sauce for it is mayo, homemade relish, lemon juice, shallot and Dijon mustard.  I made a tomato pie to go with.  the fish is easy to make and husband loves these dumb sammiches, lolz, he was begging for leftovers last night but instead we had......

manicotti with pork & mushroom doctored up prego sauce.  and a salad.  the manicotti is the jovial kind - I ordered them off of a m a z o n dot com and they're super easy to make.  par boil then stuff with ricotta mix then *BLAM* bake 40 min in sauce.  then mozz, then...…… delicious.  :D 

what YOU eatin' under there??

(don't say under where.....  :D :D )  (yes, i'm twelve in my head)

kareng Grand Master

2 nights ago, we went to Louie’s Wine Dive.  I had fish and chips.  Husband had barramundi on a rice something.  All gluten-free and all yummy!  This is not an exclusively gluten-free place, but they only fry gluten-free and are very careful.  Lots of the food is naturally gluten-free so that helps

0B2506A8-F2A4-42EE-9A1D-68F0ACC051D4.webp

kareng Grand Master

Last night I chopped up some fresh tomatoes and simmered them with a little olive oil and garlic.  When they were very soft, I added some cooked turkey Italian sausage and about a third of a jar of left over pasta sauce.  Served in on penne with a good helping of fresh basil on top.  Sometimes I put arugula or spinach in the sauce and put a spoonful of the hot pasta water on it to wilt. Forgot to get some

kareng Grand Master

Tonight I am just using stuff I have laying around - half an onion, some carrots (chopped up), little fresh spinach, can or 2 of beans, can of rotel tomatoes, Can of regular chopped tomatoes, maybe some taco or chili seasonings- on some rice with a little cheese.  

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Mixed it up yesterday doing a egg bake with left over meat loaf for breakfast. Lunch was a blended quiche with spinach and turkey Italian sausage. For dessert I took some Sunbutter cookies from my bakery and ate them dipping in some homemade sugar free jelly.

Today I did the Califlour Pizza crust, Mozz, and egg dish but mixed in a ranch seasoning mix I use to make my own ranch dip cooked into a egg bake and a bit of pizza sauce spread over the top. Lunch was a another spinach quiche but with shredded chicken, and steamed broccoli, seasoned with zanzibar seasoning from Big Axe and some coconut aminos. For dessert today I had some sugar free sugar cookies, and a small protein bake of apple pie bone broth powder and pea protein with some almond milk and egg whites...made a apple pie cake in the microwave.

kareng Grand Master

We grilled burgers - I like mine with cheddar on a bed of lettuce.  Then we grilled some scrumptious corn on the cob.  And I made some red and purple potatoes in my air fryer! 

Homemade coffee and cheese cake ice creams.  

kareng Grand Master

Not dinner - more of a brunch today.  

Made this.  Very tasty.  We added a cup of chopped multi color peppers and some red salsa on top at the end.  

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/sunnys-migas-verdes-5257076?soc=itksocialshareNotes|ios|p

cyclinglady Grand Master

We grilled yesterday burgers too.  Wrapped them in lettuce.  Yum!  Today we are having pork ribs, baked beans and corn on the cob.  

Ennis-TX Grand Master
2 hours ago, kareng said:

Not dinner - more of a brunch today.  

Made this.  Very tasty.  We added a cup of chopped multi color peppers and some red salsa on top at the end.  

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/sunnys-migas-verdes-5257076?soc=itksocialshareNotes|ios|p

Migas....from my child hood was a bit different and nothing that fancy. It was any stale chip (fritos, corn chips, or even tortillas/tortilla chips) that would be lightly crushed dumped in a skillet and scrambled with eggs melted cheese on top and severed with salsa. It was essentially a meal so chips or tortillas would not be thrown away. Still miss it lol, sort of a nostalgia from child hood.
PS this reminded me of another childhood simple meal, Scrambled eggs then right when they finished poured in enough tomato sauce to coat them evenly served with fork or tortillas was another staple growing up.

kareng Grand Master

I thought most ready made tortilla chips would be too salty and I had some corn tortillas that were starting to dry out.

what kind of tomato sauce was used for those scrambled eggs?

Ennis-TX Grand Master
40 minutes ago, kareng said:

I thought most ready made tortilla chips would be too salty and I had some corn tortillas that were starting to dry out.

what kind of tomato sauce was used for those scrambled eggs?

We just used plain tomato sauce comes in those small cans and then added black pepper and and a tiny bit of salt....very flavorful with just that.

notme Experienced

Friday = date night = a trip to the butcher ha ha !  we bring 2 coolers with ice into the butcher shop, the girl behind the counter takes my list and bags everything up in the portions I ask for.  we go about once every other month and fill up the freezer.  everything is organic and fresh - locally sourced.  then, we go out to eat dinner at a good, safe place - got the chicken salad club on gluten-free bun with a salad.  the place has a decent menu, although small, but they always are careful and I only got sick one time from there but it was kind of my bad -  they toasted the roll...…  and I ate it anyway even though I knew I should probably send it back.  after that, though, smooth sailing.

Saturday was Johnsonville Italian sausage and peppers, onions and mushrooms.  I made a tomato & mozzarella caprese salad (my cherry tomatoes are out of control...…) fresh basil and all that jazz.  

husband put his new smoker grill together that we waited to buy till it was ridiculously on sale at lowe's, then he couldn't cook on it till he seasoned the thing lolz

so, sunday, it was a ribeye for him and lobster tails for me.  roasted fingerling taters and deviled eggs (I made them with pickled beets that I canned a couple of years ago "here.  eat this and see if you die" :D )  the eggs were fabulous and i'm about to make another batch because I sent the rest with him to work.  yum....

yesterday, he had his favorite day - smoking ribs.  I made him help me can cucumber pickles, peppers, and jalapenos but he spent most of the day fooling with his meat.  found some b&m baked beans in the jar, so he smoked them, too.  got some corn on the cob and made 'Mexican street corn' mix ranch dressing powder with mayo, brush on cooked corn, grill/smoke, then sprinkle with cojita cheese (Mexican parmesan sort of - never had it before and it's delish)  we put them on skewers and everybody knows everything is yummy on a stick lolz

ennis - I thought I ate some weird stuff, lololz ;)  but i like your ideas :) 

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Today...I had a ton of sausages and waffle batter left over from the farmers market that was rained out. I had a baked quiche with vegan mozz, turkey breakfast sausage, and a bagel from my bakery, a few of my shortbread cookies for dessert. Lunch....I just poured some of the waffle batter into a bowl, mixed in a extra cup of egg whites bit of almond milk poured into a baking dish and added crumbles of some messed up CC cookies for a giant pancake quiche with cc cookie chunks....funny I can make and eat this stuff being paleo and keto lol.

mbrookes Community Regular

Tonight it's fried chicken, mac and cheese, field peas and cornbread. Yes, I am in the deep South! 

kareng Grand Master
2 hours ago, mbrookes said:

Tonight it's fried chicken, mac and cheese, field peas and cornbread. Yes, I am in the deep South! 

I will be by tomorrow for a little of the chicken cold!  ?

In all seriousness- 

What do you use for your chicken coating?

mbrookes Community Regular

Kareng, I do it just like I did before Celiac (BC?) Soak chicken in buttermilk about an hour. Shake in a bag with flour (I use King Arthur's gluten-free Measure for Measure with salt pepper and a little baking powder and paprika. Fry in a black iron skillet at about 350-375 until brown. Cover and cook until done (20-30 minutes depending on size of chicken). Yes, it is good cold the next day. That will be lunch after church tomorrow.

kareng Grand Master
2 minutes ago, mbrookes said:

Kareng, I do it just like I did before Celiac (BC?) Soak chicken in buttermilk about an hour. Shake in a bag with flour (I use King Arthur's gluten-free Measure for Measure with salt pepper and a little baking powder and paprika. Fry in a black iron skillet at about 350-375 until brown. Cover and cook until done (20-30 minutes depending on size of chicken). Yes, it is good cold the next day. That will be lunch after church tomorrow.

See you for lunch!  ?

thanks for sharing