This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

cahill Collaborator

sweet potato fries :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

We had Swiss steak (made in the slow cooker) with mashed potatoes and green beans with almonds.

sa1937 Community Regular
Wenmin Enthusiast

We had spaghetti with corn pasta and steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with Ken's honey mustard dressing as a dipping sauce.

Juliebove Rising Star

I chopped up an onion, a red bell pepper and a green bell pepper. Cooked those in a bit of olive oil with some cubes of potato. Then added some cooked, crumbled sausage. I'm not a super big fan of sausage but daughter loved it! Also had some gluten-free pumpkin and millet bread from the health food store. It was over $7 a loaf. I could live without it but daugher loved it! She wants me to buy more.

sa1937 Community Regular

I chopped up an onion, a red bell pepper and a green bell pepper. Cooked those in a bit of olive oil with some cubes of potato. Then added some cooked, crumbled sausage. I'm not a super big fan of sausage but daughter loved it!

That sounds almost like Jimmy D's Sausage Skillets, which I love. Basic difference is that scrambled eggs are added to the Jimmy D's after the rest has been fried up. YUM!

Poppi Enthusiast

Probably pancakes tonight. Maybe corn spaghetti and sauce with some ground beef or turkey. Not feeling very inspired as the older girls are with family in Vietnam for the summer and my husband is out of town for work and the other kids and I aren't huge eaters.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Chicken fajitas and rice.

sa1937 Community Regular

Leftover shrimp stir-fry and rice. Sure beats cooking!!! :lol:

hbartlett14 Newbie

I'm making grilled chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli. An easy but delicious gluten-free staple! (and my boyfriend likes it, too!) :-)

catsmeow Contributor

Homemade chicken nuggets in the Cool Daddy deep fat fryer using olive oil. I bread the chicken breast pieces in potato starch only, nothing else and it sticks to the chicken, tastes great. I make a dip using sour cream, onion, chives and garlic. YUM.

I'm also making homemade gluten-free granol bars. I'll be snacking on them while making them, I'm sure of it.

And, so I feel better about myself, I'll eat a peach....

bartfull Rising Star

I had some Dinty Moore that a friend brought me. It was nice of him, I guess, but I was never crazy about beef stew. I ate it anyway. :blink:

cahill Collaborator

Tonight is ground lamb , onion ,garlic ,rice,peas and carrots stir fried in olive oil.

It is my safest meal, something got me :ph34r: and I am still trying to figure out what <_<

sb2178 Enthusiast

Soup: quinoa corn pasta, turnip and kohlrabi greens, baby turnip, a baby yellow squash, gigantes beans, lots of herbs, olive oil, and a shot of chili garlic vinegar.

Jestgar Rising Star

A bowl of butter with a few potatoes in it.

Juliebove Rising Star

I am trying to use up all the old food. I had some little pearl potatoes that were fine the last time I checked but they had gone moldy! And most of the bag of russets I had were also bad. But I did find two that could be salvaged. I peeled them, cut in bite sized chunks, then boiled them in some chicken broth. As the broth was about to dry up, I added some Nucoa and cooked them until they began to stick. Oops! Didn't want them to stick. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Gave those to daughter along with some cooked chicken breast.

I had some chili beans and tortillas.

krystynycole Contributor

Chicken marinated in mango salsa with rice...mmmmm! Already smells good coming from the crock pot tongue.gif

I have no clue what to make tonight! Really don't want to cook at all. :ph34r:

alex11602 Collaborator

Hubby is making steak on our George Foreman grill and I think I'll make mashed potatoes to go with it, I haven't had them in so long.

sa1937 Community Regular

Brat pattie (Johnsonville) and sweet potato fries. I don't feel like cooking either.

cahill Collaborator

Orange sherbet. :ph34r:

sa1937 Community Regular

Orange sherbet. :ph34r:

We are certainly an ambitious bunch tonight!!! :D :D :D

bartfull Rising Star

Some of my guitar students are playing at an open mic tonight, right after I close the shop. That means I'll be eating the other half of that can of Dinty Moore. :( No time to go home and cook. Oh well, the music will be good.

love2travel Mentor

We are certainly an ambitious bunch tonight!!! :D :D :D

I am house/dogsitting in the country this weekend so made a big pot of chili and rice and cornbread to take out there so we don't have to use others' utensils, etc. Pretty boring on my side of things as well tonight... :blink: Oh. And some minted peas.

sb2178 Enthusiast

wild rice/brown rice/lentil pilaf

fennel

goat cheese mozzarella

more fennel

chocolate chips

and... a gin and tonic, with flat tonic water, unfortunately.