Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

Wow! That sounds good, Manna. What is Med Rice?

Oops, I mis-typed that. It was actually called Middle Eastern Rice. Here's the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/middle-eastern-rice-with-black-beans-and-chickpeas/detail.aspx

It was just okay. I felt like the recipe would have been better with ground beef or lamb instead of ground turkey. The rice was good but the turkey just didn't taste right with the beans and spices to me.

Ads by Google:

Have you tried that really pretty yellow and green one shaped like an acorn? I love butternut, but I love this variety even more.

I love to cut an acorn squash in half, put the halves in my crock pot and fill them with different things--You can go sweet and fill with apples or applesauce with cinnimon, brown sugar, raisons or craisins and walnuts or pecans. Or fill with a savory ground meat filling--ground turkey and rice with sage and butter is good.

Last year I tried delicata squash for the first time--it's a long striped multi-colored winter squash and tastes very similar to sweet potatoes when roasted.

Tonight I made rice chex encrusted chicken breasts with green beans and mashed potatoes.

I love to cut an acorn squash in half, put the halves in my crock pot and fill them with different things--You can go sweet and fill with apples or applesauce with cinnimon, brown sugar, raisons or craisins and walnuts or pecans. Or fill with a savory ground meat filling--ground turkey and rice with sage and butter is good.

Last year I tried delicata squash for the first time--it's a long striped multi-colored winter squash and tastes very similar to sweet potatoes when roasted.

mmmm.... that sounds good!!!!

i had never even heard of delicata squash until a couple of days ago... it was being used on a cooking show I was watching, or something like that.... then when i went to Walmart Monday night, they had some, but I didn't get one.... maybe next time I'll have to get one so i can try it!

Ice cream :D

Ice cream :D

mmmm.... ice cream is always good for dinner! :D:)

(we won't mention that I basicly had candy bars for dinner a couple nights ago. Yep, you guessed it- we can thank PMS for that one!) :)

I made a batch of homemade noodles. Boiled up a chicken, deboned it into the broth, added the noodles. This is a dish that is a tradition in our family. We eat it over mashed potatoes. Noodles turned out great!!

Quick and easy tonight:

Grilled Marinated Shell-on Shrimp (in lime juice, fresh ginger, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, fish sauce, garlic, Thai chiles, etc.)

Veggie Stir Fry with Cashews and Sesame Seeds

...all served over gluten-free udon noodles

Getting ready to leave on vacation for three weeks (leaving Wednesday) so are cleaning out the fridge and using up odds 'n ends. :)

Tuna and (gluten free) noodle casserole.

meatloaf with homemade pickles.

meatloaf with homemade pickles.

Oh, yum!

Pizza (homemade, of course)

I bought a clump of fennel at the farmer's market on Friday. So far, we've had Ina G's fennel and cheese gratin (scalloped potatoes and fennel with cheese), chicken soup with fennel and root vegetables, white bean dip with fennnel. I'm loving fennel!

For dinner, we had grilled pork loin ribs, Ina G's taters, and pear crisp.

I made homemade crackers today too. They're so much beter than anything I've bought. Used Elana Amsterdam's sesame cracker recipe. My DP loved them too. (And he'd tell he if they weren't good.)

Tonight we're having crackers and white bean /fennel dip, sweet potatoes and grilled fennel sausauge. I still have left over pear crisp, but that might be tomorrow's breakfast. I'm finally getting used to being food focused. :D:)

I tried a Mexican Casserole recipe for dinner tonight.

I tried a Mexican Casserole recipe for dinner tonight.

How was it???

Recipe please :D

Mexican twice-baked potato with salsa & sour cream

(Potatoes were on sale today 5 lbs for $1, gonna be having a lot of those!)

Lots! Muscovy, mallard, domestic tame (my brother raises them). Are you looking for suggestions for roasting a whole duck, duck breasts or other (i.e. foie gras, duck confit)? I have tons of duck recipes as duck is one of my favourite things in the world to eat! :) Do you want recipes or cooking techniques?

Sorry I'm so late on the reply! :) Um... any suggestions on cooking part of this particular duck. It was much drier than I remember, and I only cooked the dark parts. I'm afraid if I get only the breast I would destroy it. I'm not usually this challenged, but it's expensive, especially if it's not so edible. I think I cooked it too long, which really wasn't all that long.

Tortilla soup! Actually made with tortillas!

Now trying something new for dessert, Peanut Butter Baked Apples. Will see how it turns out

Rice with melted cheese and salsa.

Tonight we had thin beef sirloin tip with garlic, peeled white sliced potatoes boiled and served with butter, and cooked green beans. A simple meal, but delicious!

These days I seem to crave beef twice a week. It gives me more energy. I just make sure I have some pancreatic enzymes to help with the digestion and I am fine.

It was a nice antidote actually after a couple of days of having suffered from some trace gluten after a new friend came over with her supposed gluten-free dish for a gluten free potluck. She didn't realize that an oven previously used to bake gluten pies etc. was a big no no for us. She should have since she otherwise is eating gluten-free. She has celiac and thyroid cancer which isn't going away. Not hard to guess why.

Bea

Yummy pork ribs fresh from the grill, baked potatos and a green salad!!

-roasted kabocha squash & apple soup with toasted pumpkin seeds (or "pepitas" - shout out to love2travel) & scallions,

served over rice

-baked cauliflower with lime & chili

I made a batch of homemade noodles. Boiled up a chicken, deboned it into the broth, added the noodles. This is a dish that is a tradition in our family. We eat it over mashed potatoes. Noodles turned out great!!

Would you share your noodle recipe? Pretty please, and Jestgar, if you have a good pickle recipe, I'd live to learn... :D