Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

Stir-fry! I probably eat stir-fries 4-5 days per week, and they're always different! Last night was broccoli, carrots, celery, onion, peanuts, chickpeas, quinoa and sweet chili sauce (the Thai kitchen brand). Tonight I'm going to experiment...chicken and pineapple with rice cooked in coconut milk (I've had this can forever and want to use it), veggies, hot peppers and maybe some curry? A sweet and spicy kind of deal? I'm always throwing everything I have in a pan, it's usually tasty :D

When I don't feel like cooking it's popcorn or bacon for me as well, sometimes my peanut butter cookies (which are dangerous, my boyfriend and I will eat a whole pan because they are so flippin' good!) :ph34r:

Ads by Google:

Quinoa with toasted almonds, with shrimp scampi and a salad.

salad with smoked salmon and maybe feta cheese. rotisserie chicken or turkey breast. sweet potato fries, if I can find some gluten-free in the store

Hot cream of rice cereal with almonds, raisins, and woulda had a half a banana, but it was too ripe. Oh yum.

Chili!!!! Yum medium spice chili, with tomatoes chili's, kidney beand and smaller chili beans..oh and a dollop of sour cream.

Dinner - Homemade chicken and rice soup, two slices of Udi's bread toasted and flourless peanut butter cookies. Maybe an apple or Clementine later.

Lunch was the same except I had some Glutino pretzels to go with the soup. I had a colonoscopy this morning so am taking it easy on food today, which sure beats yesterday's liquid diet...and the colon prep (we won't even go there)!!! ph34r.gif

Oye sa1937--glad that's over and done with!

Dinner tonight is baked chicken thighs with sea salt and garlic, roasted potatoes, and spinach with olive oil and more garlic.

Homemade rice pudding for later :)

Oye sa1937--glad that's over and done with!

Dinner tonight is baked chicken thighs with sea salt and garlic, roasted potatoes, and spinach with olive oil and more garlic.

Homemade rice pudding for later smile.gif

Yes, glad it's over and done with. But in all reality, it wasn't as bad as feared.

Your dinner sounds a lot better than mine!!! biggrin.gif

Yes, glad it's over and done with. But in all reality, it wasn't as bad as feared.

Your dinner sounds a lot better than mine!!! biggrin.gif

Yeah--once you get past the prep it's not bad at all. :rolleyes:

We had roast chicken breasts with balsamic yellow peppers on rice and peas.

I made a big pot of chili.

Me too! with Whole Foods Cheese Biscuits.

We had BBQ sauced chicken, red potatoes cut into squares, tossed with olive oil and Italian seasoning and " fried" in the oven and carrot sticks.

Don't you all feel that we need to compile a cook book...? :)

I already have - a very individual one :rolleyes: I think we all need our own cook books :lol:

Don't you all feel that we need to compile a cook book...? smile.gif

YES!!! Actually I have printed out a lot of recipes, some of which are already in a 3-ring notebook. At the rate I'm going, I think I need to pick up a larger one. I bought dividers but, of course, haven't done a thing with them yet. That sounds like a good new year's project for the dead of winter. Sheesh, if feels like the dead of winter already here in Pennsylvania but I know I shouldn't complain too much compared to those of you in the upper Midwest and elsewhere.

Tonight's dinner...smoked pork chops, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. Leftovers, too, which will reappear some time this weekend. And right now I'm eating a pear.

Meatloaf, mac and cheese and green peas.I don't use bread crumbs in my meatloaf, but then my gluten eating mother never did ,either. For the mac&cheese, I use Amy's frozen.

Yesterday I made Morrocan chicken and rice. I didn't feel like cooking tonight. I had a bowl of popcorn while watching a movie with hubby. Hubby ate some leftover morrocan chicken.

Pork chops marinated in Worchesttshire (sp?) sauce , garlic & pepper. Cheese bread sticks. Red pep, onion, carrots, green beans stir fried with garlic and a bit of tamari soy sauce. Oldest picky son said make this veg more often. Younger, less picky one said it was fine as long as I didn't make him eat the red peps. I said "Yeah!"

Very simple... a burger with no bun. Seasoned verrrrry well though, it tasted extra awesome!

Progresso's gluten-free Clam Chowder with Mary Be Gone onion crackers with butter.

Roast beef hash made with leftover pot roast that I had frozen topped at the last minute with grated cheddar cheese until just melted.

Roast beef hash made with leftover pot roast that I had frozen topped at the last minute with grated cheddar cheese until just melted.

Yummmmmmmmm...... :blink:

Tonight for dinner I went gluten free AND Vegetarian. I sauteed some onions and fresh garlic in olive oil, added some sliced mushrooms, then a veggie mix I found in the freezer case (Broccoli, green beans sliced thin, carrot sticks, kidney beans, black beans and navy beans all in one) added about a cup or so of that and then some fresh spinach at the end. Some herbs and some chili flakes. I made brown rice pasta and mixed it in with this delish veggie mix and a wee bit of olive oil. Topped with grated parmesan reggiano cheese. Took 10 min to make too...!! :P Awesomeness in a bowl.