This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Simona19 Collaborator

Glad you had a good week!

sour Kraft is kraut right? Gotta love auto correct.

You are right, it should be Kraut. I just finished eating the empanadas. OMG, they were very good.I want to share this with you:

2eqcup5.webp

24l7w93.webp

and I forgot one more dish yesterday: vegetarian "French" potatoes for my son:

2rwom5w.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

researchmomma Contributor

You are right, it should be Kraut. I just finished eating the empanadas. OMG, they were very good.I want to share this with you:

2eqcup5.webp

24l7w93.webp

and I forgot one more dish yesterday: vegetarian "French" potatoes for my son:

2rwom5w.webp

I definitely want the empanada recipe!

IrishHeart Veteran

I definitely want the empanada recipe!

Me too, please!!

I lick my screen a lot when Simona posts.... :unsure:

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight we are having pork chops for dinner with risotto and carrots, but I don't think it will compare to our yummy lunch. My daughter wanted pizza, but I had no sauce made and only a sprinkle of mozzarella so I took a Schar crust and spread extra virgin olive oil on it then put some garlic, onion, salt and pepper then the sprinkle of mozzarella and some cheddar cheese that I had, baked it and 425 for 13 minutes and it tasted amazing.

love2travel Mentor

I've been away for two weeks and am finally back home. Tonight we are having Japanese:

Braised Chicken Thighs with Soy Balsamic Glaze

Gomaee (spinach with sesame dressing)

Steamed Rice

Daikon and Nori Salad

Me too, please!!

I lick my screen a lot when Simona posts.... :unsure:

Oh thank God. I thought I was alone!

I've been away for two weeks and am finally back home. Tonight we are having Japanese:

Steamed Rice

Daikon and Nori Salad

Ok, more drooling. Do you mind sharing that recipe for the chicken? It sounds wonderful! So does the spinach.

Tonight we are having Pumpkin Shrimp Bisque (sounds weird but it is incredible), salad and a french bread (gluten-free of course) and company! Gotta clean up around here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Tonight we are having pork chops for dinner with risotto and carrots, but I don't think it will compare to our yummy lunch. My daughter wanted pizza, but I had no sauce made and only a sprinkle of mozzarella so I took a Schar crust and spread extra virgin olive oil on it then put some garlic, onion, salt and pepper then the sprinkle of mozzarella and some cheddar cheese that I had, baked it and 425 for 13 minutes and it tasted amazing.

Sounds like yum! :)

That's like my white pizza, sort of. I can't "do" my tomato sauce right now, so we use our dough or a CHEBE crust, a 'lil olive oil on it, roasted garlic, mozzarella, provolone, ricotta and parm-reggiano and broccoli.

450 for 16 mins and it tastes amazing. :)

Aren't we both clever girls? :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh thank God. I thought I was alone!

:lol: :lol: :lol: never.

IrishHeart Veteran

Steamed Rice

Daikon and Nori Salad

Missed ya, kiddo! welcome home and pass me a plate, please.

love2travel Mentor

Missed ya, kiddo! welcome home and pass me a plate, please.

Thanks, IH! It is great to be missed! :P And here is a giant helping for you...

Simona19 Collaborator

Here it is: https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/89856-gluten-free-apple-empanadas/

Sorry for the delay, but I was busy.

IrishHeart Veteran

Thanks, IH! It is great to be missed! :P And here is a giant helping for you...

I gain weight just reading what we all write on this thread. :lol:

Lordie, woman...imagine if we all really lived together? All we would do is....cook, eat, laugh, eat, watch good movies, read and discuss good books, eat, garden and did I mention....eat?

IrishHeart Veteran

Here it is: https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/89856-gluten-free-apple-empanadas/

Sorry for the delay, but I was busy.

No apologies necessary!! We were all happy just drooling over the photos. Thanks for sharing! :)

alex11602 Collaborator

Sounds like yum! :)

That's like my white pizza, sort of. I can't "do" my tomato sauce right now, so we use our dough or a CHEBE crust, a 'lil olive oil on it, roasted garlic, mozzarella, provolone, ricotta and parm-reggiano and broccoli.

450 for 16 mins and it tastes amazing. :)

Aren't we both clever girls? :lol:

Yes we are :)

I love broccoli pizza, it is my absolute favorite...always has been. Now to get little one to eat broccoli so I can make it again.

IrishHeart Veteran

Yes we are :)

I love broccoli pizza, it is my absolute favorite...always has been. Now to get little one to eat broccoli so I can make it again.

Not really my fav, but it is hubs. I use frozen broc (in winter when there is no fresh available), micro for 2 mins. with a little water, and chop it up nice and tiny. :lol: Cover it with enough cheese and she may not notice? It's just my excuse to get in a vegetable serving. :lol: Like bloody mary's use to count for one veg --or two--if I had a celery stalk in it. :)

alex11602 Collaborator

Not really my fav, but it is hubs. I use frozen broc (in winter when there is no fresh available), micro for 2 mins. with a little water, and chop it up nice and tiny. :lol: Cover it with enough cheese and she may not notice? It's just my excuse to get in a vegetable serving. :lol: Like bloody mary's use to count for one veg --or two--if I had a celery stalk in it. :)

I'll have to try that since I could eat broccoli or fresh green beans every day, but the only veggie she likes is baby carrots that are raw and not cut up and she used to love sweet potatoes til she couldn't eat them anymore. She is a bit fussy with her veggies, but she loves fruit so it's all good.

I'll have to try that since I could eat broccoli or fresh green beans every day, but the only veggie she likes is baby carrots that are raw and not cut up and she used to love sweet potatoes til she couldn't eat them anymore. She is a bit fussy with her veggies, but she loves fruit so it's all good.

So my trick is like the sneaky chef. I use one of those handy hand blenders and put the broccoli in the sauce and blend it up. I use zucchini too. My son is so picky that it is ridiculous.

alex11602 Collaborator

So my trick is like the sneaky chef. I use one of those handy hand blenders and put the broccoli in the sauce and blend it up. I use zucchini too. My son is so picky that it is ridiculous.

I may have to try that too. But you did remind me that she likes zucchini as long as it is zucchini bread made with almond flour.

IrishHeart Veteran

That's what I'm talking about! :lol: Sneak them in!

I am enjoying reading about your children's tastes and aversions...as there was no pickier eater --especially when it came to vegs-- than I was. Horrible pest to my parents. :rolleyes: I ate corn, that's it. I would sit at the table, my plate still in front of me all alone in the kitchen, long after dishes were done. Stubborn child. :P Dad would come get me and just give up. :lol: I ate PB and J (or marshmallow fluff) sammies the entire time I was in elementary school. That's it. Not kidding. I hated most everything. No eggs, no way. Blech.

But where did this disdain for food come from? My Mom! She was worse than I was. :lol:

I did not even know what asparagus was until my 20s, or artichokes or broccoli or avocado. Why? My Mom does not like them, so we did not get them. Zucchini? my Mom still will not eat it. I MAKE HER eat it fresh from our garden when she is here by slipping in to casseroles or breads and cakes. This woman does not even like CHEESE! can you imagine? gasp--no pizza ever?! We never ate shrimp or anything "exotic" except basic food. Period. And she never baked either.

Once I hit my 20s and started cooking and baking, I discovered I loved everything! I eat EVERYTHING. I mean it. EVERYTHING. Not her! I was not a problem child; I had a problem Mom. :lol::lol:

You guys are doing the right thing exposing your kiddos to all kinds of different foods! Even if they say "Gross! I am not eating that!" at least you had them try it! In time, they may come to like more different foods and branch out.

You are excellent Mommies! ;)

That's what I'm talking about! :lol: Sneak them in!

I am enjoying reading about your children's tastes and aversions...as there was no pickier eater --especially when it came to vegs-- than I was. Horrible pest to my parents. :rolleyes: I ate corn, that's it. I would sit at the table, my plate still in front of me all alone in the kitchen, long after dishes were done. Stubborn child. :P Dad would come get me and just give up. :lol: I ate PB and J (or marshmallow fluff) sammies the entire time I was in elementary school. That's it. Not kidding. I hated most everything. No eggs, no way. Blech.

But where did this disdain for food come from? My Mom! She was worse than I was. :lol:

I did not even know what asparagus was until my 20s, or artichokes or broccoli or avocado. Why? My Mom does not like them, so we did not get them. Zucchini? my Mom still will not eat it. I MAKE HER eat it fresh from our garden when she is here by slipping in to casseroles or breads and cakes. This woman does not even like CHEESE! can you imagine? gasp--no pizza ever?! We never ate shrimp or anything "exotic" except basic food. Period. And she never baked either.

Once I hit my 20s and started cooking and baking, I discovered I loved everything! I eat EVERYTHING. I mean it. EVERYTHING. Not her! I was not a problem child; I had a problem Mom. :lol::lol:

You guys are doing the right thing exposing your kiddos to all kinds of different foods! Even if they say "Gross! I am not eating that!" at least you had them try it! In time, they may come to like more different foods and branch out.

You are excellent Mommies! ;)

OMG! Mitchell loves corn. But I can get him to eat asparagus and green beans but not broccoli. Thank God for multi-vitamins. It's hard because Jordan is a healthy eater and Mitch loves crap. Crap I tell you. Even peanut butter and nutella sandwiches are not good enough. I put good food infront of him and do my best. One day he will get so hungry he won't care (like when he is 12 or 13 and starts sprouting through the roof).

You are sweet to say we are good Mommies. Doesn't always seem that way.

Ok, your Mom is funny but I so get it. I don't like beets and brussel sprouts (I can taste a chemical in them that you lovers can't taste. That is why people either hate them or love them, no in between) so my kids have never had either of those.

But cheese? Oh how I love cheese.

Glad you make her eat some freshly grown veggies. I love roasted eggplant with a drizzle of olive oil topped with feta cheese and fresh basil. HMMM, might have that for dinner tonight!

IrishHeart Veteran

CHEESE...

It is some bad cosmic "screw you" that I should have celiac and (hopefully my fingers-crossed temporary) lactose intolerance together...because freshly made bread and cheese were my two favorite taste sensations. Give me some pinot grigio or champagne with a hunk of each of those and I was in a trance of happy-dom....

ah the good old days....back to TODAY :lol:

Simple Sunday supper-

Rotisserie Chicken with herbs. We bought a counter top one--a very good idea it turns out! (um, the oven, is on the counter, there is not a free-roaming chicken in my kitchen):P --some brown rice and sauteed chard tonight.

Pound cake for dessert (it's a new recipe--I'll let you all know if it's good) with a dusting of confectionery sugar.

come dance with me Enthusiast

Tonight we had mushroom and lentil soup, pumpkin and spinach risotto, then crepes with golden syrup and coconut ice cream.

Simona19 Collaborator

Yesterday we had Mashed potatoes with chopped fresh parsley, fried chicken breast and fresh salad from cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions,and red bell pepper

We also had this: https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/89907-gluten-and-casein-free-coconut-cake-with-chocolate-filling/

Yummy!!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

Tonight we had mushroom and lentil soup, pumpkin and spinach risotto, then crepes with golden syrup and coconut ice cream.

sounds Fab! (insert drooling icon here) and I love your sig quote :lol: