9,867 posts in this topic

Today I made garlic cheese bread to go with:

- burrata cheese

- herbed dipping oil I made earlier

- prosciutto

- tomatoes

Chewy brownies for dessert.

Ads by Google:

Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus finished with a chunk of homemade butter and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.

An all-day braise. I LOVE braising.

Gigante Lima Bean and Chorizo Cassoulet

Browned Butter Balsamic Sauteed Broccoli Rabe

Maple Syrup Flavoured Cornbread

Tonight is a sunshine burger and broccoli

I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived in your house :lol::P

I miss chorizo :(

Tonight is a sunshine burger and broccoli

How do you prepare the sunshine burger? I've never tried them but they sound good.

Our dinner is in the crockpot: lamb shanks/potatoes/carrots/celery/carmelized onions cooking with merlot & chicken stock. Will add chunks of sweet potato later (so they don't melt).

I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived in your house :lol::P

I miss chorizo :(

I'm honestly surprised I don't weigh 300 lb because we eat like this about six days of the week. Often seven. But I try to keep our diet balanced (not always).

Man, sorry you can't have chorizo. I love the stuff. Oops - I meant that chorizo sucks. Dull. Boring. Predictable. :P

I have three 9 year old boys in my house. We are eating whatever I find in the freezer since I can't get rid of the two that aren't mine. Hubs is on the golf course in 100 degree heat so there's no relief (or trip to the store) in sight.

I just fed them the last of the retried beans and corn tortillas. They'll be chewing on my ankle next.

I've got to get a new plan for boys that are rapidly getting bigger than me.

Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus finished with a chunk of homemade butter and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.

Sounds divine! I am making my own butter too, cultured. I just started a few months ago. I'd love if you shared your method. And last night I made my first batch of yogurt.

We're having salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and my minestrone soup.

I'm a big fan of braising too. The least expensive cuts of meat are often the most favorable. Braising would make even shoe leather tender.

I made my family's favorite meatloaf gluten free for the first time (I am newly diagnosed) and it was just as good as original. I used a mix of ground beef and turkey, crushed gluten-free tortilla chips, some gluten-free bread crumbs, chili powder and a little salt and topped it with BBQ sauce. I am enjoying reading this thread... So many ideas!

I made my family's favorite meatloaf gluten free for the first time (I am newly diagnosed) and it was just as good as original. I used a mix of ground beef and turkey, crushed gluten-free tortilla chips, some gluten-free bread crumbs, chili powder and a little salt and topped it with BBQ sauce. I am enjoying reading this thread... So many ideas!

Good for you! You will find that so many things are very easy to make gluten free. Most mains, in fact, are naturally gluten free anyway. Just because we have celiac it does not mean we have to be restricted to blah foods. We can enjoy fantastic foods (except for those who have so many other restrictions which is so sad).

I'm a big fan of braising too. The least expensive cuts of meat are often the most favorable. Braising would make even shoe leather tender.

Yes - I just love turning inexpensive cuts into something divine! Definitely the best (and only) way for many cuts, that is for certain.

Man, sorry you can't have chorizo. I love the stuff. Oops - I meant that chorizo sucks. Dull. Boring. Predictable. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chorizo with eggs , AWESOME !!!!

How do you prepare the sunshine burger? I've never tried them but they sound good.

I rarely eat processed foods and I like them. They are the only vegan "burger" that I have found ( in my area) that is gluten and soy free.

The garden herb I eat plain with a side of veggies.

The southwestern I basically make a taco salad out of them.

Greek style stuffed tomatoes and bell peppers with a spinach saut

Hey, are any of y'all on Pinterest? I find a lot of gluten-free recipes and ideas there.

If you want an invite pm me (faster than the waiting list).

I am on pinterest! I dont know how pm you.

Mmm i made homemade chunky chicken noodle soup. I used tinyankia( sp?) it was bit over cooked. Otherwise, it was delught! Especially noodle didnt make me overeat soup like reg noodle did!

So yummy plus. Strawberries and cool whip. I need find gluten-free recipe for " shortbread". So i csn combino them!

I am making pizza and topping it with fresh burrata, arugula, prosciutto as well as some of my pistachio pesto.

We had grilled skinless chicken thighs and brown rice spiral pasta with black olive garlic basil parsley pesto sauce. I counted the herbs as a veggie, bad me. B) It was good!

I am making pizza and topping it with fresh burrata, arugula, prosciutto as well as some of my pistachio pesto.

When did you say was a good time for a roommate to move in? I can be packed and out the door in an hour.

Hey, are any of y'all on Pinterest? I find a lot of gluten-free recipes and ideas there.

If you want an invite pm me (faster than the waiting list).

do they have recipes for tumbleweeds ? :lol::P:lol:

Sending you a PM :)

When did you say was a good time for a roommate to move in? I can be packed and out the door in an hour.

How about while we are on vacation soon? Then when we get back you will be settled nicely and can have a lovely meal waiting for us. :)

Cleaning out the fridge in preparation for vacation:

Thai Curry Shrimp (using up some lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, shrimp paste, etc.) with lots of extra sauce for mung bean noodles. I love making curry pastes - the house smells so incredibly aromatic!

Unsure of the sides at this point.

Pork tenderloin

Green Peas

gluten-free pasta with butter and parm cheese!

YUM!