#1501 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Those piggies will be on my short list! Thank you :D

You can get Chebe's at the gluten-free Mall btw. It's the easiest, most versatile, least problematic gluten-free mix (or scratch recipe) I've found with minimal ingredients/additives. And you don't need special equipment to make it, unless you count parchment paper and a fork as special equiipment.

If you use one of those baking sheets with holes in them, the bottom browns nicely, so if you flip what you've baked over to serve, it looks good too.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1502 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

We had steamed mussles tonight in garlic/wine sauce, roasted sweet potato and pork steak. And a little chunk of dark chocolate.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1503 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

Tonight we had some rice crackers and celery with hummus, tapenade, some brie cheese and some red wine.

Really wasn't feeling the whole cooking thing. :ph34r:
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#1504 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

those 'pigs in a blanket' sound cool!!!

fried egg w/ cheese; yogurt (Haven't had much of an appetite lately)
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#1505 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

I stuffed poblano peppers with a mixture of crab meat, Udi's crumbs, diced green onion, 1 1/2 seeded plum tomatos, serrano pepper, dijon mustard, mayo, an egg, s&p and queso fresco (mexican cheese). Baked for 45 minutes at 375. I ended up with extra stuffing so made baked crab cakes out of them. They were very rich and delicious, I loved them. DP wasn't as impressed. (He doesn't like spicy things.) I told him he needs to suck it up like I do for his grilled pork all of the time. He told me he'd probably like all of the stuffing in a twice baked potato and I'm thinking he's a genius. (I'll probabaly omit the tomatos though, they were just a use it or lose it addition.)

#1506 Cathey

Cathey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

D.H. Birthday today, didn't want to go out and be CC (only 4 wks gluten-free). Veal Marsala w/ mushrooms, mushroom risotto and shallot green beans. Best part was I brought Ice Cream (in lieu of cake) he went to our favorite Thai and brought me Pumpkin Mouse. He even asked to see the ingredients ( it is pre packaged and they just steam bath it so the ingredients label were still on it). What a great day.

#1507 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

D.H. Birthday today, didn't want to go out and be CC (only 4 wks gluten-free). Veal Marsala w/ mushrooms, mushroom risotto and shallot green beans. Best part was I brought Ice Cream (in lieu of cake) he went to our favorite Thai and brought me Pumpkin Mouse. He even asked to see the ingredients ( it is pre packaged and they just steam bath it so the ingredients label were still on it). What a great day.

Veal Marsala for me too! And lunch tomorrow. :D Happy Birthday to DH!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#1508 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

those 'pigs in a blanket' sound cool!!!

fried egg w/ cheese; yogurt (Haven't had much of an appetite lately)

Thanks, and I hope you get your appetite back...especially with the holidays coming up. I don't have much of an appetite myself most of the time, so I understand. It seems like I'm ravenously hungry or don't want to eat at all. :blink:

#1509 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Some sort of round, baked winter squash.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1510 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

for dinner tonight-
2 slices gluten-free sliced honey ham (can't remember what brand), cheese & fried egg on a toasted & buttered peice of Rudi's multigrain bread.

Thanks, and I hope you get your appetite back...especially with the holidays coming up. I don't have much of an appetite myself most of the time, so I understand. It seems like I'm ravenously hungry or don't want to eat at all. :blink:

you're welcome!

your appetite sounds like mine.... some times I'm hungry, most of the time (at least lately) not so much. It's weird for me because I've always been a fairly big eater. So this is definately an adjustment. But at least it's keeping me from re-gaining too much weight!!
Yeah, I'm hoping I have somewhat of an appetite on Thanksgiving/ Christmas/ New Year's, as I'm sure you do, too!I'd like to be able to fill my plate like I used to (which wasn't super- piled up, just full), and eat all of it, and then some pie later :).
kinda glad to know I'm not the only one...
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#1511 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

For lunch today: peanut butter and jelly lettuce wraps

First time I tried this--wow, it was darn good! I think I even like it better this way than with bread
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#1512 brandonscott

brandonscott

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

we are having hard shell tacos with salsa.

#1513 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

Roasted Oysters and Blazing Saddle Stew :lol:
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#1514 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Vegetarian meal:

-kobucha and spinach soup with grated mozzarella
-grated carrot salad with cumin and raisins

It's rainy & dark. I wanted something cheerful and bright.

#1515 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

A nice hunk of grilled Pacific salmon, sliced radishes, chopped Wickles Pickles and cottage cheese for me, and DP had the Salmon with roasted new potatoes.

I made a batch of Hungarian Kale Soup this weekend http://www.yankeemag...p?number=18637. Substituted 1/2 lb. chorizo for the brazillian sausage and added 1 diced (skinny) pork chop with bone, added shredded cabbage, chopped celery and carrots. Eliminated the pasta. Yum! I froze about 10 servings of it for lunches. I'm a soup lover and this may be my new favorite soup. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: