• Please log in to reply

9630 replies to this topic

#151 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

Bacon! I actually only ate bacon for dinner tonight. Sometimes it's great to be an adult.

Pepperoni with melted cheese and gluten-free pretzels.
and wine. But they were turkey pepperoni, so not quite the abandon of bacon. :P
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#152 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Tortilla soup I made a month ago...from the freezer. It has chicken, corn, black beans, red peppers, tomatoes. With cheese on top and some corn tortilla strips oven fried.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#153 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

Taco soup in the crockpot and oven baked corn chips made from corn tortillas.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#154 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

Taco soup in the crockpot and oven baked corn chips made from corn tortillas.

Copy cat! ;)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#155 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

We had a couple errands to run after work so I quickly made spaghetti with green pepper and sausage. Sauteed the pepper and sausage in a little olive oil, threw in a jar of sauce, and let it simmer while the pasta was cooking.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#156 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Copy cat! ;)

:P
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#157 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:58 AM

We had a couple errands to run after work so I quickly made spaghetti with green pepper and sausage. Sauteed the pepper and sausage in a little olive oil, threw in a jar of sauce, and let it simmer while the pasta was cooking.

I "almost" made this...but had purchased Italian sausage with peppers and onions at the deli in a local grocery store. One of the few things I know is safe that I pick up occasionally. Well, after diddling around replacing a string of lights on my Christmas tree, I finally ate at 8:30 with no pasta in sight and no desire to mess up my kitchen either. I actually added some pizza sauce to the sausage, which worked great. It was good but I really would have liked some pasta, too. The glass of wine I had was good, too! Posted Image
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#158 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

I am making tacos tonight! Can't wait :)

#159 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:35 PM

Just went out for Dim Sum and I'm completely stuffed. :) (It helps to go out with Asians)
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#160 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Homemade hamburgers, fries, and gluten free oreo balls for dessert.

Wenmin

#161 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

Me:shrimp, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, okra sautee with oregano, garlic powder, salt and parsley for the seasoning

Kiddo:homemade meatballs using this recipe(made a batch last weekend and froze in individual portions) http://mennonitegirl...etti-sauce.html
and Trader Joes brown rice penne, I usually push a vegetable but was lazy tonight
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#162 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

Two glasses of Chardonnay and a handful of Glutino Sesame Pretzel Rings. Damn, no wonder I'm hungry!!! Posted Image

Well...it's 9:30 pm here and I've been on a cleaning frenzy.
Sylvia

#163 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

I fasted today until sunset and then I went out and got a frosty from Wendys. It was the only thing that sounded good to me! Besides I will spend the next couple days eating lots. Tommorrow for breakfast/brunch I plan to make (turkey) bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches on Udi's bagels. Then I will spend the day making dairy free pumpkin custard pies and a gluten free cake for Christmas day. Steaks on the grill for a late lunch/early dinner (to keep the kitchen freed up for baking).

Christmas morning I'm making this breakfast casserole(using leftover turkey bacon and leaving out the ham). Then I have to get the lamb in the crockpotand put together my salad.

#164 Maggie Mermaid

Maggie Mermaid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

Christmas morning I'm making this breakfast casserole(using leftover turkey bacon and leaving out the ham). Then I have to get the lamb in the crockpotand put together my salad.

Both recipes look good. I was going to try a similar crockpot lamb (except with shanks) recipe but yours sounds better! :) Thanks for sharing.
Enlarged thyroid with nodules and Hashimoto's diagnosed 2007. Self-diagnosed as gluten-intolerant.

Husband is gluten-intolerant, also self-diagnosed, suffered from severe eczema which has largely disappeared since avoiding wheat, corn, tomatoes, tree nuts.

#165 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:52 AM

That breakfast casserole sounds like it's to die for! For me I bet it would work well using Jimmy Dean's Sausage Crumbles and Simply Potatoes hash browns (I haven't had those potatoes for a long while but if I recall correctly, I think they're gluten-free...I'd had to read the label).
Sylvia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: