9633 replies to this topic

#2101 a1956chill

a1956chill

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

tonight is ,,,,,,,,,, well it doesnt really have a name. Basically it is egg roll filling with out the egg roll wrapper :P :lol: and some cherrys for dessert .

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2102 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

tonight is ,,,,,,,,,, well it doesnt really have a name. Basically it is egg roll filling with out the egg roll wrapper :P :lol: and some cherrys for dessert .

Sounds a bit like my "taco-less" tacos :P Maybe "roll-less" egg rolls :lol:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#2103 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

-potato parsnip patties with jalapeno applesauce
-slices of sharp cheddar
-brussell sprout, carrot & date slaw

Vegetarian!

#2104 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Sounds a bit like my "taco-less" tacos :P Maybe "roll-less" egg rolls :lol:

I do a taco-less taco too. Had one for lunch. Minus the cheese (low iodine). Sigh. I want CHEESE!

Dinner was BBQ Baby Back Ribs & white acre peas.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#2105 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I had fresh okra that needed to be cooked, and I didn't feel like cooking. But I hate to waste food!

I boiled 2 cups of red lentils with 2 cups of water and a can of diced tomatos while I sauteed chopped onion, serrano pepper, red pepper, garlic and sliced okra over medium high heat for 7-10 minutes. The onions actually burnt (and turned sweet) and the okra was crisp and flavorful vs. being slimy. Added 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp. tumeric, S&P & the juice of a whole lemon to the lentils and served the veggies over the lentils garnished with creme fraiche and fresh chopped flat leaf parsley. It was the bees knees...quick, easy, healty and full of flavor.

The creme frache isn't necessary, you could substitute with sour cream or plain or greek yogurt, or forego.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#2106 Ryniev

Ryniev

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

My friend and I made vietnamese spring rolls with rice paper, rice noodles, lettuce, shrimp, red pepper, cashews and shredded carrots with a gluten-free peanut sauce for dipping. It was time consuming but delicious.

#2107 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I hope you get better quickly love2travel!

Had pot roast here.

Thanks! Sometimes when you have a bad cold you feel as though you deserve to be spoiled to bits and waited on. :P

Still sick today so made gluten-free crispy crust pizza with all sorts of delicious toppings. It was incredible.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#2108 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

My friend and I made vietnamese spring rolls with rice paper, rice noodles, lettuce, shrimp, red pepper, cashews and shredded carrots with a gluten-free peanut sauce for dipping. It was time consuming but delicious.

I really enjoy making spring rolls. They are so easy yet taste complicated. I love that you can make hundreds of fillings and sauces. They are so versatile!

People would be amazed at how well those with celiac can eat. The meal you just mentioned is naturally gluten free but some do not think of it that way.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#2109 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

I made steamed white bread with Segedinsky goulash which is Sour Kraut sauce with pork chops and spices. Its very good.

Posted Image

#2110 Tamesis

Tamesis

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

I had Pad Thai....Mmmmm!! I got the recipe from "Looneyspoons", and it was spectacularly gluten-free without any modifications needed, aside from using gluten-free soya sauce! YUM!! :)

#2111 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

roast chicken, boiled cabbage and grated parmesean cheese baked into chips + choc-choc chip ice cream cake with carmel topping!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#2112 Simona19

Simona19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

I also made Vegetable Wellington Redux with gluten Phyllo dough from Vegetarian times magazine for my vegetarian son yesterday. It's asparagus with red Bell pepper, onion, two cheeses, pesto and spinach baked in the Phyllo dough.

I would like to ask you guys for a homemade gluten free Phyllo recipe that you tried and it was good. Please!!!
I want to make this gluten free for myself.

#2113 Ryniev

Ryniev

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

I really enjoy making spring rolls. They are so easy yet taste complicated. I love that you can make hundreds of fillings and sauces. They are so versatile!

People would be amazed at how well those with celiac can eat. The meal you just mentioned is naturally gluten free but some do not think of it that way.

I came home for lunch today and pan fried two of the leftovers in a little coconut oil to heat and crisp them up! To die for delicious.

#2114 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Another vegetarian meal:

-olive tapenade, orange & baby spinach salad
-potato gratin with tomato, basil & parmesan

Getting into salads now as the weather warms up (and leaving behind root vegetable & squash purees).

#2115 lucia

lucia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

No one's cooking tonight? I'm looking forward to meat tonight since my husband, the vegetarian, is away.

-pan-fried spinach & feta chicken sausage (they didn't make them like this when I was a kid)
-jalapeno applesauce
-sauteed broccoli rabe with crispy garlic pieces*
-polenta rounds

*I slice garlic thinly and fry it in some olive oil until it browns. Then, I'll add it to my greens once they're cooked. Better than breadcrumbs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: