• 3,847 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Today I made garlic cheese bread to go with:

- burrata cheese
- herbed dipping oil I made earlier
- prosciutto
- tomatoes

Chewy brownies for dessert.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2327 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus finished with a chunk of homemade butter and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#2328 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

An all-day braise. I LOVE braising.

Gigante Lima Bean and Chorizo Cassoulet
Browned Butter Balsamic Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
Maple Syrup Flavoured Cornbread
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#2329 a1956chill

a1956chill

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Tonight is a sunshine burger and broccoli

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#2330 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived in your house :lol: :P

I miss chorizo :(

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoarthritis

#2331 Maggie Mermaid

Maggie Mermaid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Tonight is a sunshine burger and broccoli

How do you prepare the sunshine burger? I've never tried them but they sound good.

Our dinner is in the crockpot: lamb shanks/potatoes/carrots/celery/carmelized onions cooking with merlot & chicken stock. Will add chunks of sweet potato later (so they don't melt).
Enlarged thyroid with nodules and Hashimoto's diagnosed 2007. Self-diagnosed as gluten-intolerant.

Husband is gluten-intolerant, also self-diagnosed, suffered from severe eczema which has largely disappeared since avoiding wheat, corn, tomatoes, tree nuts.

#2332 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived in your house :lol: :P

I miss chorizo :(

I'm honestly surprised I don't weigh 300 lb because we eat like this about six days of the week. Often seven. But I try to keep our diet balanced (not always).

Man, sorry you can't have chorizo. I love the stuff. Oops - I meant that chorizo sucks. Dull. Boring. Predictable. :P

#2333 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I have three 9 year old boys in my house. We are eating whatever I find in the freezer since I can't get rid of the two that aren't mine. Hubs is on the golf course in 100 degree heat so there's no relief (or trip to the store) in sight.

I just fed them the last of the retried beans and corn tortillas. They'll be chewing on my ankle next.

I've got to get a new plan for boys that are rapidly getting bigger than me.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#2334 JustNana

JustNana

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus finished with a chunk of homemade butter and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.

Sounds divine! I am making my own butter too, cultured. I just started a few months ago. I'd love if you shared your method. And last night I made my first batch of yogurt.

We're having salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and my minestrone soup.

#2335 JustNana

JustNana

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm a big fan of braising too. The least expensive cuts of meat are often the most favorable. Braising would make even shoe leather tender.

#2336 Christine0125

Christine0125

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

I made my family's favorite meatloaf gluten free for the first time (I am newly diagnosed) and it was just as good as original. I used a mix of ground beef and turkey, crushed gluten-free tortilla chips, some gluten-free bread crumbs, chili powder and a little salt and topped it with BBQ sauce. I am enjoying reading this thread... So many ideas!

#2337 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

I made my family's favorite meatloaf gluten free for the first time (I am newly diagnosed) and it was just as good as original. I used a mix of ground beef and turkey, crushed gluten-free tortilla chips, some gluten-free bread crumbs, chili powder and a little salt and topped it with BBQ sauce. I am enjoying reading this thread... So many ideas!

Good for you! You will find that so many things are very easy to make gluten free. Most mains, in fact, are naturally gluten free anyway. Just because we have celiac it does not mean we have to be restricted to blah foods. We can enjoy fantastic foods (except for those who have so many other restrictions which is so sad).

#2338 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

I'm a big fan of braising too. The least expensive cuts of meat are often the most favorable. Braising would make even shoe leather tender.

Yes - I just love turning inexpensive cuts into something divine! Definitely the best (and only) way for many cuts, that is for certain.

#2339 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Man, sorry you can't have chorizo. I love the stuff. Oops - I meant that chorizo sucks. Dull. Boring. Predictable. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chorizo with eggs , AWESOME !!!!

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Osteoarthritis

#2340 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

How do you prepare the sunshine burger? I've never tried them but they sound good.

I rarely eat processed foods and I like them. They are the only vegan "burger" that I have found ( in my area) that is gluten and soy free.

The garden herb I eat plain with a side of veggies.
The southwestern I basically make a taco salad out of them.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Osteoarthritis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: