7974 replies to this topic

#2356 Stubborn red head

Stubborn red head

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

I just cooked sticky rice topped it with my own sweet and sour chicken. I took a rotisserie chicken and pulled the meat off the bone, put it all in a pan, a can of pineapple, and a can of water chestnuts, Topped it off with gluten free sweet and sour sauce. Heated it until it simmers.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2357 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Chicken soup, in the crockpot.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#2358 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

We are getting a bit of snow today and there is some in the forecast for tonight so again I am making comfort food:

Meatloaf with Red Wine Glaze
Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Shallots and Mustard Seeds
Saffron Glazed Carrots
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#2359 a1956chill

a1956chill

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

I am still recovering from a food reaction earlier this week so I am still eating my SAFEST meal.

Ground lamb and rice.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#2360 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

We had pizza with smoked duck, onion and greek olives. It should have been good, but we smoked the duck with orange sauce and it made for a really wierd taste combo.

Dear Wigglebutts (dog) was extraordinarily pleased because once we started picking the duck off, the pizza tasted good, and she LOVES duck.

So we had Friday pizza night with an ecstatic Wigglebutt. (Not her real name, but should have been.) At the end of the day, I can't ask for more than that. It was worth weird pizza. She felt like a slum dog millionare according to DP. (Wigglebutts is a rescue.) :D I'm still not sure who rescued who. She really helps the happiness factor. I would have been distraught that my pizza was a failure before I got Wigglebutts. Now we're all going to bed happy.
:)
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#2361 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

Chopped off a piece of right (dominant) thumb yesterday on my mandoline so am not cooking. DANG IT! Amazing how much we take our thumbs for granted. Makes things tricky (like this typing which is taking ages).
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#2362 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Chopped off a piece of right (dominant) thumb yesterday on my mandoline so am not cooking. DANG IT! Amazing how much we take our thumbs for granted. Makes things tricky (like this typing which is taking ages).

I hope that heals up quick for you. My husband is paranoid about my mandolin and is convinced I'm going to eventually cut something off with it. Sounds to me like a perfectly good reason to eat out for a few days. B)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#2363 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

I hope that heals up quick for you. My husband is paranoid about my mandolin and is convinced I'm going to eventually cut something off with it. Sounds to me like a perfectly good reason to eat out for a few days. B)

I'm surprised I haven't done it before! Anyway, there are no safe places to eat out. We tried one last night but the employees had no clue about celiac, gluten, allergies, etc. so we just returned home. Then we go on vacation Wednesday! :D

#2364 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm surprised I haven't done it before! Anyway, there are no safe places to eat out. We tried one last night but the employees had no clue about celiac, gluten, allergies, etc. so we just returned home. Then we go on vacation Wednesday! :D

Hey- tell us where you live, we'll find a place!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#2365 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hey- tell us where you live, we'll find a place!

Our small town literally has only fast-food places. That is it. We drive 3 hours to the city when we want to eat out at great high-end places. Thankfully I love to cook so it is rarely an issue. :)

#2366 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

I hope your finger heals really quickly! And have a wonderful vacation.

#2367 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Tonight I am making ribs, baked potatoes and cole slaw from the Gluten Free Goddess Snappy Crunchy Cole Slaw with no mayo

#2368 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

Having trouble with my thumb that I sliced a chunk from so we are having:

- leftover meat loaf with red wine glaze
- baked potatoes with lemon chive butter
- minted peas
- strawberries with balsamic

#2369 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

I hope your finger heals really quickly! And have a wonderful vacation.

Thanks lots on both counts! :D

#2370 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I am sooo wishing it was summer. Had flurries yesterday :(
Ribs, corn on the cob, Mexican bean salad and turnip/rutabaga and green apple salad. Raspberry sorbet for dessert. Oh and can't forget the beer.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: