9564 replies to this topic

#2431 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

We are going over to my mom's house tonight and we are making chicken parm (the chicken is breaded with almond flour and we are using homemade sauce), salad and Annie Chun's pad thai noodles as the pasta.

For dessert I am trying Pamela's vanilla cake mix and I am making a peanut butter cream cheese frosting.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2432 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Nothing special tonight. My kids haven't learned gluten-free cooking yet.
We have a hug pot of chili and some biscuits from last night.
And I am working on a bottle of wine from my son.
Happy Mothers Day everyone.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#2433 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Nothing special tonight. My kids haven't learned gluten-free cooking yet.
We have a hug pot of chili and some biscuits from last night.
And I am working on a bottle of wine from my son.
Happy Mothers Day everyone.

Happy Mothers day to you too :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#2434 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Tonight is Ground turkey,white rice and cabbage stir fry.

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#2435 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

I had a 2 or 3 week old cabbage in the frig and decided today was the day, I had to cook that head of cabbagge! (I am a master procrastinator.) I finally dedcided on Hungarian cabbage casserole after persuing several recipes online and reading all the reviews. I added sauteed ground chicken, ground sirloin and ground Italian sausage so that it could be a lunch for several days. We need our protein!

It was good, but wasn't done until about 30 minutes after DP's charcoal grilled chicken was done. Happily, I called my neighbor and asked if she was up for another wierd lunch for work tomorrow. She's a good sport and said "Bring it on". She was actually very happy about it. At the end of the day, I'm happy, doubly so because I made dear neighbor happy. (I told her it wasn't especially good, but included all food groups except fruit. So I took her a pear too. I'm pretty sure she'll love the pear. :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#2436 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

We are going over to my mom's house tonight and we are making chicken parm (the chicken is breaded with almond flour and we are using homemade sauce), salad and Annie Chun's pad thai noodles as the pasta.

For dessert I am trying Pamela's vanilla cake mix and I am making a peanut butter cream cheese frosting.

That sounds delicious! Way to go. Hi 5 ^^^! :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#2437 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Spanish rice made with brown rice. It smells good! I just hope that my daughter will eat it. She doesn't really like brown rice. But she is on the South Beach diet so white rice is out. Also a side of zesty salsa refried beans.

#2438 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

I made ground chicken Hawaiain meatballs adapted from Pioner Woman's blog for Meatballs with Pineapple and Peppers.

My breadcrumbs were Udi's sandwich bread that has been in the freezer for over a year, whirled them up in my mini food procesor. I followed the :D rest of the recipe pretty closely. I stuck a piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet before freezing those little balls. (They were prone to stick. Anyway, they came out great! :D

Hope everybody will wear purple this Friday, it's for Lupus awareness. I'll be sporting purple. I

#2439 cougie23

cougie23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

I made ground chicken Hawaiain meatballs adapted from Pioner Woman's blog for Meatballs with Pineapple and Peppers.

My breadcrumbs were Udi's sandwich bread that has been in the freezer for over a year, whirled them up in my mini food procesor. I followed the :D rest of the recipe pretty closely. I stuck a piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet before freezing those little balls. (They were prone to stick. Anyway, they came out great! :D

Hope everybody will wear purple this Friday, it's for Lupus awareness. I'll be sporting purple. I

LOL...I Allways wear Purple!....and blue and green...but ALOT OF PURPLE...LOL! Will do! :D :D :D
Oh...we're having seasoned broiled chicken, Bokchoy and mushrooms! simple...but tasty!
And don't for get the garlic...LOL!

Chicken hawiain meatballs...yummyyummy! :P
Cougie23
Diagnosed 8/3/11
Celiacs/casein sensitive/lactose intolerent

Favorite quotes-
"I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!!"-anonyamous

"you can lead a donkey to the river...but if you want him to drink...
you have to throw him in" -(21 yr.old son)

#2440 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

I did barbecue pork burgers with swiss cheese and corn on the cob with watermelon before and after. :P

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#2441 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Beef short ribs, asparagus, and probably mashed potatoes.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#2442 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

We had chicken enciladas and gaucamole tonight with nuked Mission cornchips and sharp cheddar cheese. I think I'm stuck Cinco de Mayo! I'm making homemade ancho sauce right now.

Glad you'll be wearing purple cougie! xxx :( That' being a friend, babe!

#2443 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

I made these corn dog bites.

Posted Image

I used a gluten-free cornbread mix and buttermilk.
They were a big hit.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#2444 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Posted Image

They were a big hit.

Yummy, I must try. :D
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#2445 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

They were a big hit.

I saw those on Pinterest!
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: