8694 replies to this topic

#16 Judy3

Judy3

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

I sauteed onions and mushrooms in olive oil, added some diced turkey breast and some turkey stock(leftovers from TG)thickened the juice with corn starch and then added some fresh spinach at the end. Served over brown rice spaghetti with a dash of grated parmesan cheese. Yum!! The pasta was good too not too mushy like I've heard it can be.(my first try with the pasta) It actually was wonderful. Lundgren's brand gluten free brown rice spaghetti.
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Keela

Keela

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

I skipped real food and went straight for dessert! Brownie in a mug!!!

4tbsp gluten free flour
4 tbsp sugar ( brown sugar makes it more chewy but you can use either)
2 tbsp cocoa
2tbsp oil
2 1/2 tbsp water
Splash vanilla
Tiny pinch baking soda and salt
Handful gluten-free chocolate chips

Mix in coffee mug
Microwave on high for 1 min.

Top with ice-cream for a wonderful supper :P
Wheat free March 2008
Gluten free December 2010

#18 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

You're a fan of Big Red Kitty? :o

You know of BRK? B) Been reading his blog for years, as much for the wonderful Airman Howell stories as anything else. He's a great writer and that's his personal blog.

#19 naiiad

naiiad

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

I had a seafood salad for dinner - I eat this pretty much ever night.

Muscles sauteed in gluten-free soy sauce, ginger, sugar, lemon juice, olive oil, coconut milk, mint leaves, thrown on top of a fresh salad with carrots, broccoli, lettuce, cucumber, and a tablespoon of 1 parts homemade mayonnaise 1 parts plain yogurt as dressing. So good!

Also had a homemade ayraan to drink (salty yogurt drink)

#20 naiiad

naiiad

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

I skipped real food and went straight for dessert! Brownie in a mug!!!

4tbsp gluten free flour
4 tbsp sugar ( brown sugar makes it more chewy but you can use either)
2 tbsp cocoa
2tbsp oil
2 1/2 tbsp water
Splash vanilla
Tiny pinch baking soda and salt
Handful gluten-free chocolate chips

Mix in coffee mug
Microwave on high for 1 min.

Top with ice-cream for a wonderful supper :P

OMG this is sheer brilliance! I'm definitely trying this.

#21 CeliacMom2008

CeliacMom2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

Homemade pizza! Family had had enough of the leftovers! We did have leftover fresh veggies though...and we polished off the leftover pies as well...

#22 jess_gf

jess_gf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

You know of BRK? B) Been reading his blog for years, as much for the wonderful Airman Howell stories as anything else. He's a great writer and that's his personal blog.

Yup, I've been a fan of his for a while now - my boyfriend introduced me to his original blog a few years ago. :)
Gluten Free since 11/2010
Dairy Free since 01/2011

#23 jess_gf

jess_gf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:59 PM

Well the Tinkyada pasta was a hit! It tasted really good and my bf said it tasted just like regular pasta. Yay! Gluten-Free chicken meatballs from TJ's was good also. I improv'd a dessert as well - chopped up two green apples, put them in 2 ramekins, topped with cinnamon, b.sugar, and a pad of butter. Put them in my toaster oven at 350 while the pasta was cooking and left them going while we ate, then took them out when we wanted them. Nice lazy dessert :P
Dairy Free since 01/2011

#24 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

I made turkey soupfrom all the left over Thanksgiving turkey and biscuits from gluten free bisquick. The soup I have made before--it was super yum and perfect for a cold day. The biscuits I made for the first time. They were the best gluten-free biscuits I have made but I probably won't make them again. They had an eggy taste (I've never put egg in regular biscuits before) and the texture was a little gritty from the rice flour. I'll keep looking for the perfect gluten-free biscuit recipe.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#25 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

We were out all day too. Early lunch at Olive Garden for SIL's birthday. They all had cake and ice cream. Daughter had some gluten-free cookies and ice cream. I tried a bit of a cookie. Tasted oddly burnt to me. I can't remember the brand but I think I read here that they are sold at Starbucks. I've just never seen them at Starbucks.

After that we went to Target where the three of us (husband is home) shared part of a bag of popcorn (there is still some left) and an order of nachos. So we didn't want a big dinner.

Daughter and I got salad bar from the grocery store and then I made toasted cheese sandwiches, wrapping them in Release foil so I didn't get our gluten on her sandwich. I made them by making toast in the toaster, slathering both sides of the bread with melted butter, putting American cheese in the sandwich and then baking for 10 minutes which was just enough time to melt the cheese.

#26 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:07 AM

To make up for yesterday's chip dinner I had split pea squash soup for breakfast.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#27 jess_gf

jess_gf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

My adventures in meat continue with a pot roast recipe that looks easy enough that I can do it: http://simplyrecipes...ipes/pot_roast/

I'm making it in a crockpot - I didn't have any red wine so instead I used 1/4c beef stock 1/4c sherry and I added 1 tsp cinnamon as one commenter suggested (I love cinnamon!). This is my first pot roast ever so we'll see how it turns out! I also plan to add carrots and new potatoes in the last hour.
Dairy Free since 01/2011

#28 Rowena

Rowena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS. Man I love my crockpot. Makes working and being your stereotypical housewife so much easier.

Recipe? Heck yes, I will post it...

Cut the chicken up into small cubes and toss into the crockpot.Chop up half an onion and toss that in. (The yellow onion that is out on the top shelf.)There are some cream of chx soup mixes in the cupboard. Take two of those (they are in little box like things) and put them in the crockpot.Add the rest of the open soy milk carton and the rest of the open rice milk carton to the soup and chicken mix. Add about an eighth of a cup of arrowroot starch.Spice with Salt, Pepper, Poultry Seasoning (not too shabby on the poultry seasoning)Turn crockpot on high, and then when you leave this afternoon turn it on low.(Don't forget to stir now and then... Especially after you put the arrowroot in)

Sorry I copied the recipe from my email when I sent it to my husband so its got more notes that I don't care to take out. (For the record you do not have to use soy milk, I personally prefer rice milk, but I had just a little bit left in the carton so I said use that too. Sorry I don't have exact measurements... I rarely do)

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff

#29 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

Eye of the Round Roast, White beans and rice and steamed cauliflower, carrots, and mushrooms.

#30 Dixiebell

Dixiebell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

Homemade chili and corn chips.
Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.
2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.
Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.
So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!
My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: