8677 replies to this topic

#286 mbrookes

mbrookes

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hooray! Tonight we are going out with another couple. No cooking or cleaning!
For lunch we had chicken a la king over toast and Jello with fruit.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#287 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

We had Tandori chicken (grilled dry rubbed skinless chicken thighs) with roasted new potatoes (cut in chunks, mixed with s&p, olive oil and chopped spring onions, then wrapped in aluminum oil & grilled) with fresh green beans.

I've been on an Indian cuisine kick lately. Everything tastes so good and makes me feel good.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#288 Emilushka

Emilushka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

Buckwheat, edamame, tuna, olive oil, garlic, onion, mixed veggies, curry powder, chili powder, and cumin.

#289 Dixiebell

Dixiebell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

Grilled steak, baked potatoes, oven roasted carrots and steamed broccoli.
Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.
2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.
Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.
So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!
My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

#290 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

Pasta with " burst " grape tomatoes, fresh spinach, roasted garlic, parm & Asiago on top.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#291 Emilushka

Emilushka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

Brown rice with garlic, Earth Balance, mixed veggies, and a cut-up chicken breast. I might add some more seasonings but I might just let it stand. I do so love garlic ...

#292 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

Walleye Pike wrapped in banana leaves (and aluminum foil) that marinated with thai fish sauce, chopped garlic, lemon grass, (could sub any citrus), spring onions and serrano peppers, then grilled.

Had that with white taters for dbf, sweet tater for me, and some fresh steamed green beans. Yum. Had a piece of dark chocolate for dessert. Put some yummy in my tummy.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#293 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

I didn't cook tonight. Daughter and husband had leftover pizza. Husband had some prepared soup from Central Market. We all had salad bar. I had a few Tostitos Scoops with Queso dip. Daughter made Lidia Bastianich's Baked Apples with three sauces. Soooo good! I helped her and we failed to put the butter in the apples but they were sooo rich I don't think we needed it.

#294 Kelleybean

Kelleybean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:08 AM

Quiche with a waffle fry crust

#295 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Chinese Lemon chicken in the slow cooker with steamed broccoli and rice. It was good, but I like orange chicken better.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#296 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

Left over Gumbo from the freezer. A good night for Gumbo....having another cold snap in South Louisiana...I know, I know but I'm always cold and not used to this COLD weather..... Want my 90+ degree summer back!!!

Wenmin

#297 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Pork Rack of Ribs with Emeril's Dry Rib Rub (seasoned in the am) Baked in the oven. mmmm

Bush's Baked Beans (doctored up with lots of suff)

Steamed Broccoli
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#298 Nor_TX

Nor_TX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:08 AM

I made a pot of the Heartland fusilli pasta sold at Walmart for 2.00 per bag. Sauteed some asparagus, mushrooms, jumbo shrimp with a little dairy free margarine and lots of pepper and salt. Added some fresh chopped tomatoes at the last minute and plated it up. When I brought it to the dinner table, my DH looked over and said, "That looks like something you would get at a restaurant." It was delicious, filling and felt like real food. Love that pasta!
Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

#299 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

Brown rice with garlic, Earth Balance, mixed veggies, and a cut-up chicken breast. I might add some more seasonings but I might just let it stand. I do so love garlic ...

Oh yum. That sounds delicious! Have to try that sometime.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#300 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

I'm baking a pizza. Bought the pizza sauce and brown rice pizza crusts, 2 frozen ones, at Whole Foods. I season the pizza sauce with Greek oregano and thyme from my garden and garlic. Can't wait. oh yeah, topped with turkey pepperoni and low fat mozzarella cheese.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: