9581 replies to this topic

#2986 Simona19

Simona19

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'm making the stuffed egplant again with ragu and plain white rice and a vegetarian risotto with onion, carrot, peas and corn for my son.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2987 GladGirl

GladGirl

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Oh, yes a "rye" bread recipe would be great!! I do miss my reuben's!!

Tonight I made stuffed bell peppers with onions and garlic sauteed first in the skillet with virgin olive oil and then browned the ground round, added diced tomatoes and steamed rice, spooned into the prepped fresh peppers (got them at the Farmer's Market just today) and then a small dinner salad tossed with chopped olives and vinagarette.

Tomorrow, well, I just boiled some eggs, so, thinking a spinach salad to start with the eggs and vinagarette...have that gluten free bisquick mix and fresh strawberries, so dessert...mmmmm should be a very nice short cake!

#2988 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

rye bread recipe??? :) pretty please??? did you ever make it before and how did it turn out?? o my goodness i would love a good old sloppy reuben on rye!! (rudi's is good, buttt........)

I am not a huge rye bread fan, but I love my Reubens, too.

Hubs and my friend, Elaine LOVE it, so I make it for them. I did not add the "rye flavoring" (it is expensive to ship it from authentic foods, but I may try it next time) BUT I did use the caraway--generously IN the mix and sprinkled on top of the loaves with an egg-white wash.

It lasts well in the fridge. It is awesome toasted with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and red onion.

Even I thought it tasted like "rye" bread. And yes, it makes a decent reuben! :)

here:

http://www.livingwit...ead-1535-1.html

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#2989 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

Yeast. <_< Oh well I didn't want rye bread anyway. (I'll tell myself this until I believe it.)

My bread last night didn't turn out as bread. I wanted a half recipe, so I soaked the appropriate amount of grains. I then got home from my movie, forgot and added the full amount of everything else. Oops. I'll try again tonight with a smaller dose of idiocy!

Tonight is grilled New York strips, quinoa salad, taters and bread. (Hopefully.) I think I still have a bowl of pudding I made on Monday too so we'll probably polish that off for dessert.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#2990 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Provencal Roast Chicken with Olives, Lemon and White Wine
Mashed Potatoes with Swiss Chard
New Green Beans (from my garden) with Maître d'Hôtel Butter

I am making mango lime jam today which will be perfect with Manchego cheese on crostini!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#2991 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Yes - we have snow in Canada for 6-7 months. And not just a wee bit, either. So, whomever is willing to shovel, I'll do the cooking! Maybe you can get some decent seat sales. :P

I love snow...really. My favorite time of year is winter. It does wonders for the hot flashes. I also love gourmet cooking and eating. I would be willing to shovel for some of the menus you have posted here! :D I also would love to visit that part of Canada.

#2992 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

I am making Italian sausage with peppers and onions and probably rice and a plate of fresh veggies cut up.

Last night after a rain the temp went down and my son and I made Poutine (bad girl) and hotdogs and peaches for dessert.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

“Ah, but I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now

#2993 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

At first I was like what the heck is Poutine. Then I was like :blink: That looks so good! I actually have a local creamery where I can buy fresh curds. Which I'm not supposed to eat, but lets be honest here. French fries. Fresh curds. Gravy. Um, put me on the sign up list! (see, this is why I'm still fat)

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#2994 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

At first I was like what the heck is Poutine. Then I was like :blink: That looks so good! I actually have a local creamery where I can buy fresh curds. Which I'm not supposed to eat, but lets be honest here. French fries. Fresh curds. Gravy. Um, put me on the sign up list! (see, this is why I'm still fat)

I have heard that authentic Poutine has to be made with chicken gravy. I do like it better than beef myself.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#2995 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Chicken breast with mashed potatoes and roasted veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots).

#2996 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

My bread tonight turned out as bread! Yay, I didn't royally screw it up this time. This is the recipe I used, although I only made half since I hardly have the space or pans to cook a whole recipe of it. I don't think I could eat that much either. It isn't amazing, but it's good. Once I had it slathered in gravy though? Was just like I remember, bread covered in gravy. Yum!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#2997 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

My bread tonight turned out as bread! Yay, I didn't royally screw it up this time. This is the recipe I used, although I only made half since I hardly have the space or pans to cook a whole recipe of it. I don't think I could eat that much either. It isn't amazing, but it's good. Once I had it slathered in gravy though? Was just like I remember, bread covered in gravy. Yum!

I am going to try this, it looks good and sounds so easy. Thanks.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#2998 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

I am not a huge rye bread fan, but I love my Reubens, too.

Hubs and my friend, Elaine LOVE it, so I make it for them. I did not add the "rye flavoring" (it is expensive to ship it from authentic foods, but I may try it next time) BUT I did use the caraway--generously IN the mix and sprinkled on top of the loaves with an egg-white wash.

It lasts well in the fridge. It is awesome toasted with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and red onion.

Even I thought it tasted like "rye" bread. And yes, it makes a decent reuben! :)

here:

http://www.livingwit...ead-1535-1.html

thanx, IH :) now as soon as the temperature goes down below 90 (or 80!) hubs hates caraway seeds so i'm just gonna wing it

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#2999 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Crazy in a heat wave(100 today)but I made a huge pot of Beef stew.
Hopefully we can eat off that for a day or so. They are predicting 106 degrees by Sunday.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#3000 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Mmmmm.... beef stew. Sounds yummy! The weather doesn't quite sound as awesome as your dinner.

We found a box of gluten free mac & cheese (kraft style) on clearance so we had that with some burgers for dinner tonight. It wasn't amazing but when it's been months and you just want a quickie dinner, it's a nice change of pace. I suppose we may occasionally indulge.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: