9632 replies to this topic

#3031 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yes...now I don't have enough that they could can but I will have lots more than I can eat myself. I had a different variety last year that did not do well at all so this year I went back to Early Girl and it bears prolifically until frost.

If I get too overrun, I've even in the past thrown them in a bag in the freezer (I usually cut the top off and scoop out the seeds first). When I take them out of the freezer, I can run water over them and the skin slips right off. Good to use in soups or chili.

Same here - that is a great way to keep tomatoes. We STILL have various pasta and tomatoes sauces I made from last year's tomatoes in the freezer. Oh, and a few jars of salsa.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3032 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Same here - that is a great way to keep tomatoes. We STILL have various pasta and tomatoes sauces I made from last year's tomatoes in the freezer. Oh, and a few jars of salsa.

It is so easy that way and they don't go to waste...some years I've given tomatoes to neighbors or anyone who would take them off my hands. My son and DIL's tomatoes didn't do well this year so they can have some of mine.

Tonight for dinner...a bunless hamburger and ??? and sliced tomatoes.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3033 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Last night was baked sole with rice and sauteed zucchini and red pepper.

Jujubes for dessert. :P

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

ďAh, but I was so much older then, Iím younger than that now

#3034 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

Shrimp and Swiss Chard Gratin (Gouda)
Zucchini, Mint and Feta Fritters
Steamed Green Beans (from our garden)
Grilled Nectarines with Lavender-Infused Honey
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3035 andi1235

andi1235

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Copycat "Pan Pizza." I posted the recipe as a separate thread. I'm SOOOO happy with this one!! I tweaked a recipe I found online, and it made something that tasted just like I remember Pizza Hut. I wasn't even specifically going for that at the time, but it turned out REALLY well. :)

#3036 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Copycat "Pan Pizza." I posted the recipe as a separate thread. I'm SOOOO happy with this one!! I tweaked a recipe I found online, and it made something that tasted just like I remember Pizza Hut. I wasn't even specifically going for that at the time, but it turned out REALLY well. :)

That's awesome! Pizza is one of those things that we as celiacs can really miss. I, too, enjoy making pizza, especially with the crust that I am able to roll out as opposed to spread - it brings back the enjoyment I used to have making breads/crusts. :)

#3037 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

Love2- What's the difference between calabrese salad and caprese salad? I's confused!! :lol:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3038 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Love2- What's the difference between calabrese salad and caprese salad? I's confused!! :lol:

Good catch! They are basically the same thing. Some people (i.e. Lidia Bastianich) calls it Calabrese; others call it Caprese. I've seen it called both in different regions in Italy, too! :P

#3039 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Grilled Maple-Brined Pork Tenderloins with Sweet and Spicy Pepper Glaze
Potato Blinis
Steamed Broccoli with Roasted Garlic

#3040 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Spicy Chung King Pork (Sichuan)
Bay-Infused Jasmine Rice
Stir-fried Green Beans

#3041 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

Finnish Meatballs with Fresh Nutmeg and Sour Cream (with black plum chutney I am making today)
Dilled Baby Garden Potatoes
Roasted Swiss Chard
Double Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream

#3042 kittty

kittty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yesterday was sweet & sour pork with stir fried veggies.

Gluten-free sweet & sour sauce (can't remember the brand name), added chopped pineapple and onion, simmered on the stove
Pork cut into cubes, dipped in egg, rolled in corn starch, and then fried in a wok until golden brown
Celery, onion, carrots, broccoli, garlic, ginger, and bean spouts sauteed with gluten-free soy sauce and rice wine vinegar
Served with white rice

#3043 nomoregluten

nomoregluten

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

I tried a simple pesto chicken recipe with rice tonight. It was pretty good actually. Going to make it more often. I really really like the taste of pesto. recipe

#3044 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Blackberry cobbler
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#3045 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Blackberry cobbler

You bad girl....
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill