This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Happy anniversary ski :). Tough journey, but way better than the $#!% that came before I am guessing...

Mr Mindwarp is cooking up surprise in the kitchen and I RAN on the beach with my son this afternoon.

Second successful white potato at lunch today, and I had a few blueberries last 3 days.

Some days rock :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

Four years. Yay! It is impossible to imagine the moment it happens that down the road we'll be celebrating hearing it. Yet here we all are, happy as freshly slopped pigs.

Tonight I have a little ham I yanked outta the freezer to cook up. I'll make some roasted red potatoes with it and maybe some corn. Gravy is definitely on the list.

And hey, it was Bun's idea to crepe them. I just always made them as mini-muffin-y type things. Either way, they're mmmmm-azing.

GF Lover Rising Star

Tacos and burritos on for tonight.  Thanks Hubs.

Colleen 

shadowicewolf Proficient

Leftovers for me. I may go make something for desert, however...

alex11602 Collaborator

My neighbor found Mrs Leepers cheeseburger mac at Walmart and picked it up for us along with a whole bag of gluten-free stuff so we made that for dinner tonight and it wasn't too bad. I had read somewhere that it was kinda salty but I don't always taste salt in my food anyway so I didn't notice any of that. Plus my little ones asked for thirds which doesn't always happen.

Adalaide Mentor

I also thought that the Mrs. Leeper's cheeseburger mac was okay. It wasn't awesome, and I only ended up buying it once because my husband didn't particularly like it. I can't have it right now because of the yeast, but maybe again sometime. It is pretty salty, but I have a thing for salt and other than that the flavor isn't bad. As a quick and easy meal it would be nice to be able to keep on hand to have once in a while.

IrishHeart Veteran

Last night we had - Dali chicken, Pepper steak, Schezuan Beef, fried rice, & egg drop soup.  It was M's 17th Birthday and we went to Pf Changs!  They even brought him a little gluten-free flourless choclate cake with a candle.

Not sure what we are eating tonight.  Too much snow left to grill outside.  :angry:

You ladies with the beans - Take it easy there!  Hate to see you overindulge!  You got a designated driver?  :D

Always.  :D

Legumetastic news there ski!

I had roast chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mangetout and ...my 1st white potato this year! That was 2 hours ago, so we''ll see if I am a zombie tomorrow. It was baked and crispy and soft and fluffy.

Gaining things back really makes you appreciate the simple things.

Total appreciation for every single sunrise!  ;)

Lentils sound yummy! I haven't had any in a while, I think I'll make a lentil loaf this week. Glad that you can have them. And now you have a weapon of war too. :lol: Thanks for the idea.

It isn't just getting back foods, but celiac in general makes you appreciate the little things. Every little food. Every little activity. Every last win and victory we have. Every day there is a reason to celebrate. :D

Every little activity, indeed,  like swimming with dolphins this morning. They gave me kisses, Addy..They jumped through a hoop for me. They let me stroke their bellies. They danced and "sang" for me--as I was in the circle and the dolphins chittered and people sang Happy Birthday to me. (they said it was just like having a reBirthday, so why not?) I did not argue.

Yup, I did it and I cried and I laughed and squealed like a little girl.

Total victory. Mega-- joy. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will. I'm exhausted, but it was totally worth it.

Happy anniversary ski :). Tough journey, but way better than the $#!% that came before I am guessing...

Mr Mindwarp is cooking up surprise in the kitchen and I RAN on the beach with my son this afternoon.

Second successful white potato at lunch today, and I had a few blueberries last 3 days.

Some days rock :)

oh baby, they rock like mad!!! whoohoo!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I am pilfering wifi from a Starbucks in Key Largo, so when I get to the place next week with wifi, I'll write some more.

Suffice to say, this is so awesome.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Bunny Yay!

I can't eat them yet, but my sons will be extremely happy to try them...so thanks to you and Addie - I've been making crepes as substitute flour tortillas - they are alright but am excited too hear of another option!

And yes this flipping disease does make us appreciate everything - painless steps are my favorite which is close to a tie with finding out I might finally get a few foods back after four years of continually losing foods!

Lentils may have made me a bit tired as most legumes do, but I did have a very restful sleep - early here so I'm going to dream up a nice Sunday dinner for my family - Dad joining us twice a week since Mom's in the hospital - thinking Santa Maria Style TriTip - possibly with quesadillas and a bluberry cheesecake :)

Edited to add....Today is the fourth anniversary of the day I first learned the words Celiac Disease and Tissue Transglutaminase IgA....wow what a ride it has been -- off to walk six miles in celebration :D

Happy Anniversary, my friend........you are so inspirational and I'm  ecstatic we are "getting back" instead of continually "taking out".

Rock on, sister--enjoy that walk!! xx

Adalaide Mentor

Every little activity, indeed,  like swimming with dolphins this morning. They gave me kisses, Addy..They jumped through a hoop for me. They let me stroke their bellies. They danced and "sang" for me--as I was in the circle and the dolphins chittered and people sang Happy Birthday to me. (they said it was just like having a reBirthday, so why not?) I did not argue.

Yup, I did it and I cried and I laughed and squealed like a little girl.

Total victory. Mega-- joy. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will. I'm exhausted, but it was totally worth it.

:D I am so happy for you! There are little victories, that bring us smiles every day. Then there are these, the things that are so joyous that they bring us tears and laughter and memories of a lifetime. I'm actually so happy for you I cried a little. :ph34r: Enjoy your time and I'm sure we'll all be happy to hear more about your awesome vacation when you have a spare minute for us.

Tonight I'm getting around to those lentils. Lentil loaf and Alton Brown's stovetop mac. Neither of which I've ever made before but hey, it is so hard to go wrong with an Alton Brown recipe. Absolute, worst case scenario... everything goes horribly wrong and I end up eating quesadillas and tiramisu ice cream. I had planned on making tapioca pudding today but then when I was at Wal-mart they were doing a 50% off all clearance and I couldn't help shopping for new workout pants and shirts that I've been meaning to buy. Too tired now to do pudding, I guess tomorrow.

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

I have baby romaine with lime vinaigrette and buffalo sirloin. Probably with some kefir for dessert, and a small piece of very dark chocolate.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

IH

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Go buddy go. Happy rebirthday

Mw x

notme Experienced

ima roast some salmon and make wraps - romaine, red onion, cream cheeze, cucumber and capers.  horseradish dressing :)

ih - you are nutty to multiply birthdays!!!  a very, merry unbirthday to you!!!

GottaSki Mentor

Happy Re-Birthday to YOU :D

Swimming and playing with new friends - I can't think of a better celebration - except them singing to you too! So happy for you dear friend - you deserve this and many more wonderful moments to come - You DID IT! Can't wait to see photo :)

Passed a little milestone of my own today - first midterm in a couple decades and I - wait for it - nailed it - seems once you remove the celi's fog there is a functioning brain in there after all ;)

The little legume trial has been shelved for a bit - lots of meat and a few new squash to try this week - am loving my new produce market - I may walk this time as I don't need to buy as much today - about 3 miles RT which is fine for a bag - not such a great idea when I fill four or five bags!

shadowicewolf Proficient

Soup and a coffee cake...

kareng Grand Master

Soup and a coffee cake...

They whole cake?  :D

shadowicewolf Proficient

They whole cake?  :D

Maaaaaaybeeeeee

I just might.... lol

GottaSki Mentor

Maaaaaaybeeeeee

I just might.... lol

Yum!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

So I tried making a crepe out of just flax meal, tapioca starch, and water (and sweet seasonings).

It's edible..... I will get back to you guys when i manage to make it tasty. :D

shadowicewolf Proficient

Well i just tossed the coffee cake together... and noticed once i put the batter in there was little black specks in the batter. Hmmm... I'm 100% positive its not bugs or whathave you (as the mix had been sealed, and swollen due to altitude). I'm thinking it had to do with the rice flour? Kinda like how there is still some of the hull on white rice some times.

Thoughts?

kareng Grand Master

I find that some of the rice flour mixes have little dark brown specks in them. My hub calls them bugs but its just the rice flour.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I find that some of the rice flour mixes have little dark brown specks in them. My hub calls them bugs but its just the rice flour.

Thats what i thought. I picked one out and it was so small that there would be no way it could be a bug and kinda brownish. Also in different shapes lol.

kareng Grand Master

Thats what i thought. I picked one out and it was so small that there would be no way it could be a bug and kinda brownish. Also in different shapes lol.

Yeah. Very Dark brown. I think it's part of the rice.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm sooooooo full. :wacko:

Yeah, the coffee cake was a success. Tweaked the topping a bit by cutting the flour amount in half and adding a bit more butter... Now it tastes more like those crunchy toppings.

Yeah i was bad and had seconds on it. I regret nothing.

I did have a nice beef and cabbage soup before i got into it so i did have a good dinner.

GottaSki Mentor
kareng Grand Master

a couple of Redbridge and some Schar shortbread cookies. They go better with wine but I didn't want to open any.