Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Spice-Rubbed Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Spicy Pepper Glaze
Creamy Polenta
Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Ham and Roasted Almonds in a Butter Sauce
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3137 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Going to make some spinage chickan fetticini alfredo for a late lunch early dinner :) One of my favorite foods XD

#3138 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

yum....alfredo!!

Not today, however.

Meatloaf (the ground turkey kind)
Roasted potatoes
Corn (before the summer ends and it's gone)

and (not me, just hubs)-- a canoli
made at the gluten-free bakery/restaurant near us.

I am not partaking. I'm not. I mean it.

Signed, Chubster McFattypants
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; finally DXed on 11/01/10. I figured it out myself. Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. Posted Image

#3139 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

oooooh i haven't had any corn on the cob this year :( too expensive in my area for some reason.

#3140 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

oooooh i haven't had any corn on the cob this year :( too expensive in my area for some reason.

I am sure many regions are suffering because of the hot summer/drought, but the local farmer here (I'm in upstate NY) did not raise his prices. Still 50 cents an ear.

I remember my Mom would pay 10 cents an ear and the produce guy --- who came around on a truck to our street in Boston----would give
her a deal: a dozen for a buck.(showing my age here)
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; finally DXed on 11/01/10. I figured it out myself. Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. Posted Image

#3141 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Same meat as yesterday (spice-rubbed pork tenderloin with sweet and spicy red pepper glaze)
Hasselback Potatoes with Bay Leaves and Garlic
Bacon, Pearl Onion and Chestnut Sautee with Chestnut Honey Glaze (they become like candy!)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3142 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I think i overdid the chicken, boiled it for about an hour than put it in the skillet cause it stilll kinda looked pink. The result? A dry very browned chicken. Oh well, at least i know its throughly cooked.

#3143 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

My mom made salad, chicken parm, noodles and homemade garlic herb bread tonight :)

#3144 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm making;

meatloaf
roasted red potatoes
roasted carrots

I might make some sort of dessert...for the family though,not me, because I too suffer from "Chubster McFattypants syndrome" as well.....LOL

Edited to add- I'm baking a chocolate Namaste cake, it's in the oven.

Irish Heart- I noticed that we joined this forum exactly one day apart from each other. You have posted a lot more than me, Look at our numbers. I wonder if I could catch up with you? LOL....I doubt it. How may posts do we need before we can change the little "advanced community member" that is written below our avatar? Or is it a time on the forum thing? I see you changed yours. Is it numbers of posts, or amount of time as a member?
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#3145 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Jambalaya (andouille, chicken and shrimp)
Sauteed Spinach with Tahini Dressing
Chocolate Pots de Creme

#3146 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Jambalaya (andouille, chicken and shrimp)
Sauteed Spinach with Tahini Dressing
Chocolate Pots de Creme

How do you make the chocolate pots de creme dairy free????? I MUST KNOW!!!

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#3147 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

Irish Heart- I noticed that we joined this forum exactly one day apart from each other. You have posted a lot more than me, Look at our numbers. I wonder if I could catch up with you? LOL....I doubt it. How may posts do we need before we can change the little "advanced community member" that is written below our avatar? Or is it a time on the forum thing? I see you changed yours. Is it numbers of posts, or amount of time as a member?

:lol: well, there are those who would say NO, you can never catch me because I am Chatty McTalksalot.

(Sylvia? Karen? LOVE2? --go ahead---I can take it LOL)

Anyone with over 501 posts can edit that little section under your avatar. It does not affect your status as an "advanced community member". It's just "decorative". See LOVE2TRAVEL's (she is secretly passing codes in Croatian) and Karen's says "fused fishy" under her pic of, appropriately, a fused fishy. Skylark's says "Glutenologist" :D

If you have 75 or more posts, you are an "Advanced Community Member" and have six circle thingies under your pic. There is probably a technical word for those "thingies", but I do not know what it is.

Members with 501 or more posts can choose a custom title, according to Peter. (he's my go-to guy for all things techno)

There's a discussion of this little line under your avatar here:

http://www.celiac.co...an/page__st__15

For it to make sense when you read it: At the time, Kareng had a pic of Santa with ho- ho -ho written underneath...hence, the "hooker" jokes. Otherwise, we just sound like blathering idiots.

Okay...... back to dinner discussions!

Pizza for hubs. Not sure for me....we're painting the kitchen.
(read as: he's painting, I'm supervising....)

I. Win. Posted Image

#3148 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

How do you make the chocolate pots de creme dairy free????? I MUST KNOW!!!

I'm not making them dairy free - that would be very, very tricky. Actually, nearly impossible. I'm making them for my husband - his birthday dessert pick. If I take Lactaid I may be able to have a few spoons of it, too, but we'll see. :huh:

#3149 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

LOL LOL LOL...you are too funny. I guess that means I have to have a couple hundred plus more posts before I can write something clever below my clown-assed cat avatar!!!! I love reading everyones titles. "glutentoligist" is my fave!

You keep being Chatty Mctalksalot, cuz I love your posts!

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

#3150 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

I'm not making them dairy free - that would be very, very tricky. Actually, nearly impossible. I'm making them for my husband - his birthday dessert pick. If I take Lactaid I may be able to have a few spoons of it, too, but we'll see. :huh:

Sniffle....maybe after my gut is healed, I can try dairy again. It's sounds so divine!!! For now, I made a chocolate Namaste cake.....NOM NOM NOM NOM...

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Celiac.com Sponsors: