9131 replies to this topic

#3151 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

I think i overdid the chicken, boiled it for about an hour than put it in the skillet cause it stilll kinda looked pink. The result? A dry very browned chicken. Oh well, at least i know its throughly cooked.

Sometimes chicken just doesn't change color when it cooks, drives me bonkers too. When I overdo my chicken, I make barbecue sauce and shred the chicken. Turns into a pulled-chicken thing, like pulled pork. Good for sammiches!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3152 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Tonight we are having leftover jambalaya from last night which was FANTASTIC. Sure, there are over 30 ingredients in the recipe but that is how I love it. The more ingredients and the more techniques involved the better. Anyway, we will be having braised celeriac as well.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3153 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Tonight we are having leftover jambalaya from last night which was FANTASTIC. Sure, there are over 30 ingredients in the recipe but that is how I love it. The more ingredients and the more techniques involved the better. Anyway, we will be having braised celeriac as well.

Sounds great but with my brain fog I am sure I would forget a few ingredients!

I made Salisbury steak with onion and mushroom gravy, rice and cauliflower and carrots.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#3154 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

braised celeriac

for one quick second, I read this and thought, "oh, that's me after 1 drink now"

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3155 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

for one quick second, I read this and thought, "oh, that's me after 1 drink now"

:lol: :lol: :lol: I had to double check myself!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3156 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

I read that too.....LMAO!!!!
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#3157 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Crunchy oat chicken (curry, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, oats, tapioca flour, salt and pepper coated thighs)
bake beets with olive oil, garlic and rosemary
rice pilaf

I am reintroducing oats. I would like to see if I can tolerate them...

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#3158 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

We had company for dinner and after some much appreciated and needed advice we decided to skip offering our company rolls. We toasted enough Rudi's for everyone to have a slice if they liked with dinner.

Dinner was a lovely spiral cut ham with a brown sugar dijon glaze, baked potatoes (I was too lazy for mashed), glazed carrots, salad and killer gravy. I was in heaven when I tasted it, it was so tempting to just be like... oh it didn't turn out and hide it! No one turned their nose up at the bread either. We told them that if they took a slice and didn't like it that it was fine and no one's feelings would be hurt. Maybe it was the gravy, but none went to waste.

We polished off the last of my husband's birthday cake for dessert with a little ice cream. Everyone was a huge fan of the cake with bubblegum icing and it was just the Hodgeson's box mix. I love that stuff and it's always the cheapest mix at the store.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3159 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Crunchy oat chicken (curry, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, oats, tapioca flour, salt and pepper coated thighs)
bake beets with olive oil, garlic and rosemary
rice pilaf

I am reintroducing oats. I would like to see if I can tolerate them...

Crunchy oat chicken sounds very good. How did it turn out?

I have a turkey in the oven. My house smells wonderful!
Stuffing, gravy, smashed potatoes, corn and broccoli.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#3160 SmileyKylie

SmileyKylie

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Sounds great but with my brain fog I am sure I would forget a few ingredients!

I made Salisbury steak with onion and mushroom gravy, rice and cauliflower and carrots.

Do you make your gravy from scratch or do you have one you buy? Thought I might give this a try, never made Salisbury steak before though :)

#3161 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Finger foods:

Buffalo Chicken Wings
Barbecue Seasoning Rubbed Potato Wedges (think ancho chile, brown sugar, salt, garlic, onion, etc.)
Baja Slaw (not exactly a finger food...)

#3162 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Do you make your gravy from scratch or do you have one you buy? Thought I might give this a try, never made Salisbury steak before though :)

I make my own..I use Better Than Bouillon beef , add it to the pan the meat was cooked in. add water and some garlic, some onion powder and thicken with cornstarch. Scrape all the goodness off the bottom of the pan, add your meat back with your sauteed onions and mushrooms. Season if you like.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#3163 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Baked potatoes in tomato and onion sauce. With loads of oregano.
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#3164 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Crunchy oat chicken sounds very good. How did it turn out?

I have a turkey in the oven. My house smells wonderful!
Stuffing, gravy, smashed potatoes, corn and broccoli.

Yum Turkey!!!

The crunchy oat chicken turned out absolutly delicious! I made a giant pack of thighs and there were no leftovers...I've been making these for 20 years, with the last 2.5 years being modified gluten free. Next time I make them, I'm going to use crushed rice or corn chex instead of tapioca flour, even though they turned out great, I think I can do better. The original recipe called for bread crumbs.

My oat challenge went well. I can add it back to my diet!! Whooooo Hoooooooooo

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

#3165 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Namaste chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing.........MMMMMMMMM.

I might have some leftover roast from last night as well.............

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: