9578 replies to this topic

#3181 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Apparently my no energy Thursday evening turned into feeling like I had razor blades in my throat by bedtime. I took myself off to the doctor on Friday just to make sure it wasn't strep. Nope, just a fun head cold yay! I didn't eat yesterday at all, I was in too much pain to consider putting food against my throat. I found the energy tonight to cook some rice ramen for supper for both of us.

Yup, both sick so I don't even have a well husband to dote on me and take care of me. I had to go buy my own cough drops. The bright side is when you sound like you're dying every time you cough no one at the store will come within like 100 feet of you so you get whole aisles to yourself to pick out flavors of cough drops. :D

Tomorrow is soup. Taking the top off a can is gonna be a real challenge. I can barely get myself up the stairs at this point. Hopefully by Monday I'll be feeling better and I'll get that appetite with a vengeance thing going on. What I want is a salad, but there is no way I'm going to eat something that won't just slide right down painlessly.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3182 catsmeow

catsmeow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

AAAAWWWW Adalaide, I feel bad for you. I hope you get better soon. We're sick at my house too. Diahrrea, fever, runny nose, body aches.....ugh....

Last night I wanted pizza really bad, but can't have dairy anymore, so whats a girl to do?????

I didn't feel like making a crust from scratch, and my local grocery store does not carry dairy free cheese, so, I decided that I didn't need cheese to make a pizza, that's right, I made it without any cheesy topping at all, and it was delicious, beyond my expectations. I did not miss cheese at all.

I bought Udi's pizza crust, ragu quick pizza sauce, and topped it with Boar's head pepperoni, red onion, mushrooms, red pepper, and olives. Guess what? It was amazing. My only problem was that the toppings fall off because they don't have the cheese to glue it all together, however; my husband solved the problem by telling me to cut wide pieces of pizza, and fold it over like they do on the east coast to eat it, it worked great, and was less messy.

I can haz pizza again:)
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#3183 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Rice Flour Gnocchi with Roasted Garlic, White Wine and Shallot Sauce

I have a potato Gnocchi recipe I have always used and loved. It has some flour in it. If I use a gluten free flour should I add some X-gum?

For tonight I am making a huge pan of roasted veggies.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#3184 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Meringue cookies and peppermint tea. Hmm... :D
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#3185 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Getting ready to go on a month-long vacation to Europe so are cleaning out the fridge. We are simply having a bacon and potato cake or truffade (many layers of very thinly-sliced potatoes and bacon pressed into a cake). And raw cucumber from a friend's garden.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3186 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

That pizza sounds great. I think I'm finally gonna order some Venice crusts this week to try and see how that goes. My husband is a complete jerk. He is making me drink orange juice because it'll help me get better he says. It may as well be battery acid I'm pouring onto the back of my throat. I do feel mildly better though, I'm coughing less and my fever broke so maybe his battery acid is working. I'm totally going to have that soup for supper when he gets home and I can make him open the can. I don't know what he's having and frankly I don't think I have the energy to care today. I am so not going to get my pretzels chocolate dipped in time for my new video game on Tuesday.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3187 Christine0125

Christine0125

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Gluten free chicken parmesan rollatini... I'll definitely make it again!

#3188 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

I hope you feel better ADALAIDE!! xxoo

I know you will think this sounds BLECHY right now, but if I do not share this, I will burst. I had hub's cousins here for a reunion (as in--- they have not seen each other for 40 years --when they were kids)
so I "did it up".

Dinner was:

Marinated, herbed roasted peppers & goat cheese on crostini.
Salmon cream spread
Duck liver and sherry pate
Proscuitto wrapped melon slices.
Marinated olives.

Filet mignon roast
Sherried mushrooms & garlic (thank you, LOVE2TRAVEL xxoo)
Twice-baked potatoes
Sauteed parslied carrots

Chocolate ganache with raspberry coulis and fresh whipped cream
Vanilla bean cheesecake squares.

I am not eating ( or cooking) for a week. My back hurts and I cannot fit into my pants...signed, Fatty McChubbo Butt.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3189 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I hope you feel better ADELAIDE!! xxoo

I know you will think this sounds BLECHY right now, but if I do not share this, I will burst. I had hub's cousins here for a reunion (as in--- they have not seen each other for 40 years --when they were kids)
so I "did it up".

Dinner was:

Salmon cream spread
Marinated olives.

Filet mignon roast
Twice-baked potatoes
Sauteed parslied carrots

I am not eating ( or cooking) for a week. My back hurts and I cannot fit into my pants...signed, Fatty McChubbo Butt.

OMGosh.....that meal sounds so gooooooooood...I wanna be Fatty McChubbo with you!!!
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#3190 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Anything involving proscuitto always sounds 110% awesome. And you wouldn't be starving for a week if we had our muumuus. :D

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3191 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

So not my weekend for cooking, i somehow ruined all but one pancake.... Me thinks it might be the stove and the fact that i'm not used to it, as i've only been here for a little over a month.

-depressed-

#3192 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Anything involving proscuitto always sounds 110% awesome. And you wouldn't be starving for a week if we had our muumuus. :D

That's right, A!

SORA! Girl, where the heck ARE those muumuus anyway?

Geesh, looks like a package sent through the Canadian postal service is slower in coming than a compliment from a mother-in-law.

Dinner tonight: lettuce and water.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3193 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I hope you feel better ADALAIDE!! xxoo

so I "did it up".

Dinner was:

Salmon cream spread
Marinated olives.

Filet mignon roast
Twice-baked potatoes
Sauteed parslied carrots

What a feast!
Should have let me know I could have popped across the water with those Muumuu's then you wouldn't have to be eating lettuce all week. :)

Tonight we had the last of the turkey with gravy and rice with carrots and honey.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#3194 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

plain rice with maybe a little salt. Gerd is acting up bad and i don't wanna take tums.... (gets really old after a while).

#3195 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I ate today! This of course led to a disagreement between my butt and I on how far was safe to travel from the bathroom but for an extremely short period of time there was food in me. :) I meandered about the store while they were filling my prescription because they have the most horrid chairs there and found some bison for $4 a pound marked down 2 days before it's expiration. I figured ground meat would be easy to eat so we made them into burgers and I managed to get the whole thing in the top before it made a glorious exit.

You know IH, I guess there is a sort of positive here. According to the doctor from Friday to Monday I lost just over 5 pounds. It's like a kick start to my diet. If you like you can come visit and I'll give you a kick start. :P

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: