9566 replies to this topic

#3226 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

Thank you!!! I'm going to make it today, and add sausage to it,and omit the cheese. I actually have ALL the ingredients.....happy dance!!!

well, I'll do the happy dance with you (can you see me? :) )....the sausage will make it even tastier, no doubt. Enjoy!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3227 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

1st time here!

Making me hungry reading....

Sunday dinner is

Very fresh sea bass filets (moved to the coast this year and if you get there at the right time can see what the fishermen have brought in)

Baked with butter and fresh parsley.

Little potatoes, green beans and carrots.

Mmmm

Mw
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3228 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Sounds good, what did you use for salad dressing? I haven't been Dairy Free very long and was a huge fan of homemade buttermilk ranch dressing. I haven't had a salad since sadly having to give-up dairy.

Usually I just put salt, lemon juice and olive oil. But for that salad, I sautéed a chopped onion (a quarter ot it, actually) with oregano and olive oil. Then I put salt, and more olive oil.
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#3229 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Sunday dinner is

Very fresh sea bass filets (moved to the coast this year and if you get there at the right time can see what the fishermen have brought in)
Baked with butter and fresh parsley.

mmm, I LOVE sea bass. Hubs hates it, so I only get to eat it occasionally. May I come over? I'll bring cake.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3230 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Sounds good to me!

I am very excited, we dont do it often as it is so expensive, but sometimes you just gotta

Mw x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3231 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

Usually I just put salt, lemon juice and olive oil. But for that salad, I sauted a chopped onion (a quarter ot it, actually) with oregano and olive oil. Then I put salt, and more olive oil.

Oh wow, that is the BEST IDEA EVER!!! I never would have thought that up. I'm so doing that! Thanks.
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#3232 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

well, I'll do the happy dance with you (can you see me? :) )....the sausage will make it even tastier, no doubt. Enjoy!

I CAN SO see you dancing an Irish jig with me...heheheh......(As my daughter just Irish jigged across the living room for me) BAHAHAHAHAH

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#3233 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

I CAN SO see you dancing an Irish jig with me...heheheh......(As my daughter just Irish jigged across the living room for me) BAHAHAHAHAH

oh no, point your binoculars more south. That's not me...
I was doing something like this:

Posted Image

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3234 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image

Lol. Now you can eat that cake guilt free.
I am making a quick pasta with home made pesto for supper. I am busy canning and jam making today.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#3235 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image

I made the Rag-out.....OMGEEEEEEEE, it was to die for!!! I ate so much I had to take a nap. When I got up, my curly tail followed my belly, which was leading the way into the kitchen to get some more. It's a keeper recipe. I added smoked polish style sausage made locally, both gluten and dairy free. Best sausage I've EVER eaten and was amazing in the rag-out recipe. Thanks

For dessert, I had a cup of fresh ground organic local coffee with Mounds almond joy coffee creamer:

Mounds almond Joy coffee creamer;
Thai original coconut milk
Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder
almond extract
vanilla
stevia

Store it in a glass jar with a lid and enjoy it for days and days with your coffeee.

Wheat Allergy-April 2010

#3236 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Oh I see you now! But how far south are you from me??? I live 130 miles from the Mexican border....LOL
I made the Rag-out.....OMGEEEEEEEE, it was to die for!!!

I am so far Northeast.... you would feel too chilly, sweets! :lol:
I threw that out there to see what you would say. You ARE in sunny climes, you lucky girl.

I am sooooo glad you liked it :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3237 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

I baked an acorn squash and had it for dinner (turned out to be about a cup to a cup and a half due to part of it drying out -_-). I figured it would be good on a not so good digestive system at the moment.

Put a little bit of olive oil (avoiding dairy till i'm better) and brown sugar. Yum..

#3238 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Greek salad with a glass of wine : ) keeping it simple tonight.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#3239 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hubs is doing dinner tonight - he is going to stuff an acorn squash with sausage and all kinds of vegetables and bake it - yum,yum. He'd better get cracking!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3240 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hubs is doing dinner tonight - he is going to stuff an acorn squash with sausage and all kinds of vegetables and bake it - yum,yum. He'd better get cracking!

Oh wow, that sounds good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: