This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

We had fried flounder (battered with egg and potato flakes), mashed potaotes and steamed green beans with almonds....I would have prefered oven fries but my AC is broken and it was too hot to heat up the oven today.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Nor-TX Enthusiast

Tonight we made baked cod with coconut milk sauce over a bed of swiss chard. It was super yum!

http://www.eatwashington.com/article/fish_cod_with_coconut_milk/

I've actually never tried cooking with coconut milk. Did your fish have a strong coconut flavor? Coconut isn't my favorite flavor so I was wondering.

MJ-S Contributor

I've actually never tried cooking with coconut milk. Did your fish have a strong coconut flavor? Coconut isn't my favorite flavor so I was wondering.

It was my first attempt ever with coconut milk, and I also don't love coconut flavor. This was more mild than actual coconut flakes/flavoring, though. The fish did not have a strong coconut flavor at all, and I didn't pour on too much sauce, which was acidic because of the lemon. My husband ate the rest of the sauce with a spoon for dessert - he loved it, but too strong for me.

sa1937 Community Regular

Tonight I'm having Ham & Bean soup made with ham and broth my dear DIL sent home with me after Easter dinner (also can add a stash of single servings for my freezer). And later tonight...a piece of leftover Flourless Chocolate Cake. Yum!

I made Bison tacos with lettuce, shredded carrot, homemade guacamole and salsa for toppings.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Tonight I'm trying something new! fish in parchment paper with some fresh herbs(dill and chives) and lemon. I added some veggies on top of the fish, it's baking now. I also did one with a chicken breast, lemon thyme, basil and veggies for lunch tomorrow. Throw in a side salad and a bowl of strawberries.

Juliebove Rising Star

Leftovers here. The other night I baked chicken breasts with a little Herbamare, freeze dried onions and gluten-free mushroom gravy. Served with white rice and green beans.

I didn't make enough chicken. There was a lot of gravy left and some rice. I mixed in some canned chicken. Daughter will be eating that.

I'm going to have leftover baked beans.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

Cod marinated in white wine, lemon juice, and garlic, grilled potatoes, salad.

Mahee Newbie

Sorry, I'm new here but thought I'd chime in.

Tonight I'm having a homemade veggie burger (made with beans, veggies, nuts, and lots of herbs and spices), a homemade gluten-free bun and homemade garlic aoili. I'm serving that with a simple salad (spinach, red cabbage, carrots, with homemade maple syrup dressing) and peppery roasted potatoes.

kareng Grand Master

Sorry, I'm new here but thought I'd chime in.

Tonight I'm having a homemade veggie burger (made with beans, veggies, nuts, and lots of herbs and spices), a homemade gluten-free bun and homemade garlic aoili. I'm serving that with a simple salad (spinach, red cabbage, carrots, with homemade maple syrup dressing) and peppery roasted potatoes.

Just sorry you didn't find us sooner, heh? :)

That sounds like a lot of work! I'll be right over!

We had Swiss steak (in the slow cooker), mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Mahee Newbie

Just sorry you didn't find us sooner, heh? :)

That sounds like a lot of work! I'll be right over!

Yes, I wish I had, the forums great! And the food is a lot of work, but it freezes well. I just make huge batches!

Poppi Enthusiast

Mushroom and Potato frittata, sausages and really awful disappointing gluten free pancakes.

So really just frittata and sausages.

Teri Lou Apprentice

Chinese Chicken Wings made with gluten-free soy sauce:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chinese-Chicken-Wings-2/Detail.aspx YUM!

Wild Rice and Steamed Green Beans

Chicken fajitas (on Mission corn tortillas) and steamed brown rice.

sb2178 Enthusiast

Minted Zucchini Ricotta Tart (on cornmeal based crust... that needs work)

Asparagus with White Wine Garlic Sauce

Spinach Salad with Chickpeas, Raisins, Pickled Green Beans and Sweet Onion in Mustard Vinaigrette

Millet

(courtesy of company)

White Wine

Raspberry Blackberry Ice Cream (homemade)

Sugar Cookies

Teri Lou Apprentice

Tonight I am going for the comfort food....meatloaf and broccoli, cheddar, baked potatoes

Poppi Enthusiast

Honey garlic Drumsticks with VH Honey Garlic sauce, brown rice and salad. I might make a pot of lentil soup as well as a side dish and/or tomorrow's lunch.

Last night we had chicken burgers on Udi's and baby carrots.

Tonight I'm making lemon pepper chicken, steamed broccoli and rice.

sb2178 Enthusiast

Mac & Cheese (NYT Well blog recipe, but with ancient harvest pagodas, rice flour, buttermilk and full fat cheese)

Cauliflower with parsley

Apple

wheeleezdryver Community Regular

Wendy's chili, and a leftover cornbread muffin that I'd had in the freezer since Easter.

Mahee Newbie

I'm having a BBQ with some friends, so I'm making homemade veggie burgers, peppery roasted potatoes, a spinach salad with strawberries, and a macaroni salad. Should be tasty on such a warm beauitful day :)

thefreespirit Rookie

I just made some yummy gluten free bean burgers, which I shall have with some (gluten-free) oven chips - well it is Friday!

FS xxx

I have no idea! Argh, I'm in a rut and I need ideas...I currently have ground chicken, boneless skniless chicken breast, Tuna steaks and ground beef and none of it sounds good to me right now....Maybe a veggie stirfry instead? I have fresh summer squash, carrots, cereley, onion, garlic, frozen peppers, frozen peas, frozen brocoli... I'm so tired of rice though. I have baby red poatoes but I don't want to heat up the hosue with oven roasting them...will have to make them in the slow cooker tommorrow I guess. I have some dried yellow split peas to use up...Any ideas anyone? what is everyone else having tonight?

sa1937 Community Regular

what is everyone else having tonight?

I'm in the same boat you are...I don't have a clue!!! :(