#3526 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Just got my 1st crockpot!!

So, fingers crossed pork (loin!) with leeks onions carrots with sage and tarragon. Put a few bits of potato, hoping it will thicken a bit.

More excited than is reasonable :)

Sounds like it's gonna be delicious! Enjoy :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3527 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

mmm, that sounds good (as does most of the stuff you all post here!). Would you mind sharing the recipe?

This was in reply to the comment yesterday about cheeseburger chowder. I tried to quote that post, I don't know why it didn't show up that way)
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#3528 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hi Wheeleez! Um, I don't actually measure anything, so here goes.

For huge pot o' chowder:

2 lbs ground beef
1 5 lb bag potatos (I used two to make homefries first, so up to you)
2 onions
bunch scallions

Brown ground beef in big soup pot, season the crap out of it, add chopped taters, onions, scallions, and enough water to come one inch below food. Boil until potatoes are tender, add:

1/2 & 1/2 (about a pint)
pile of cheese.

You're done!

It's always better the second day. Would also be good with broccoli... hmmm....
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3529 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Italian sausage slices fried with onion, green and red peppers. Sweet potato fries with paprika and cinnamom.
Rice for the others.
I am having dessert tonight for a change. Ice cream with caramel topping and may sautee some apple slices.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#3530 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hi Wheeleez! Um, I don't actually measure anything, so here goes.

For huge pot o' chowder:

2 lbs ground beef
1 5 lb bag potatos (I used two to make homefries first, so up to you)
2 onions
bunch scallions

Brown ground beef in big soup pot, season the crap out of it, add chopped taters, onions, scallions, and enough water to come one inch below food. Boil until potatoes are tender, add:

1/2 & 1/2 (about a pint)
pile of cheese.

You're done!

It's always better the second day. Would also be good with broccoli... hmmm....

This sounds really good.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#3531 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I found trout on sale today at the store. I have missed fish these past few weeks so I am very excited. I'll probably just fry it up on the stove. I think maybe some sort of potato with it and some fried green beans too.

My peppermint cocoa pebble treats are awesome! I don't think they'll survive long.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3532 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Have you tried any of the venison yet? If so, is it very gamey? Sometimes I find it deplorably gamey but other times it can be very good. I love good venison and one of my favourite ways to do it is to make a blackberry (or cherry or other slightly tart berry) gastrique. A loan recipe that is very good is Roasted Venison with Blackberry Sage Sauce...very appropriate for your cut.
http://leitesculinar...sage-sauce.html

Please let us know what the flavour is like. I am very curious!

welcome back, love2! this is the last of the venison in the freezer he got last year, so i know it is tasty :) i grew up in northern nj and whenever i ate venison from up there, yes, it was pretty gamey - people would soak it in milk overnight to get the gamey taste out. i was not a fan!! but down here in east tennessee, he hunts up in the mountains and for some reason there isn't a gamey taste to the meat. almost zero fat and mostly anything you can do with beef, i use deer for. he gets ground meat i use it for sauce for spaghetti, chili, burgers <although i usually add some other kind of meat to burgers to hold them together. also roasts: perfect for sauerbraten or pot roast, etc i will also cut it into cubes and make stew or slice it & marinate it for grilling on skewers. that blackberry recipe looks delicious but i think i will save it for when we have all those blackberries coming in next summer! :D making mushroom's suggested recipe tomorrow night (still eating leftovers tonight lolz) to feed the hubs and then he goes back in the woods - between trucking and hunting, if he ever leaves me i probably won't notice!!!! ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3533 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

welcome back, love2! this is the last of the venison in the freezer he got last year, so i know it is tasty :) i grew up in northern nj and whenever i ate venison from up there, yes, it was pretty gamey - people would soak it in milk overnight to get the gamey taste out. i was not a fan!! but down here in east tennessee, he hunts up in the mountains and for some reason there isn't a gamey taste to the meat. almost zero fat and mostly anything you can do with beef, i use deer for. he gets ground meat i use it for sauce for spaghetti, chili, burgers <although i usually add some other kind of meat to burgers to hold them together. also roasts: perfect for sauerbraten or pot roast, etc i will also cut it into cubes and make stew or slice it & marinate it for grilling on skewers. that blackberry recipe looks delicious but i think i will save it for when we have all those blackberries coming in next summer! :D making mushroom's suggested recipe tomorrow night (still eating leftovers tonight lolz) to feed the hubs and then he goes back in the woods - between trucking and hunting, if he ever leaves me i probably won't notice!!!! ;)

Glad you found a recipe you like. My dad was a big game hunter so I was raised on elk and moose. My husband used to hunt when he had time. Sometimes I would go along with him to camp (we have a camper). I would stay in the camper and read and cook and have steaming hot chocolate ready for him when he got "home" from hunting, often with snow on the ground as there is right now.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3534 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Vichyssoise Soup
Homemade Italian Breadsticks with Fresh Green Olive Oil and Fleur de Sel
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3535 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hummm... tried to post a picture of dinner, with no success.

Shrimp, green onions, bacon with cherry tomatoes in a butter garlic sauce, served over cheese grits.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3536 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

I love a good elk burger.

At any rate, I had a cheese wrap with a big bowl of broccoli.

#3537 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Sweet and Spicy Cocktail Meatballs
Saffron Pilaf with Almonds
Creamed Peas

#3538 DavinaRN

DavinaRN

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Homemade beef stroganoff with a salad
Gluten Free since October 2012
Negative blood work, positive dietary response
Endocrinologist offered referral to GI if I needed formal diagnosis to follow the diet, otherwise just pass on wheat, barley & rye
and save my money

#3539 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I am making crispy baked fish (cod) and chips with a light batter and crispy coating. Oh, and onion rings, too. Crudites with Green Goddess dressing.

Dessert? Today I made pecan cinnamon buns you ROLL out. Delicious. You can actually peel the layers apart.

#3540 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Turkey day today! I'll make cornbread pudding (from the new Living Without holiday issue), mashed taters, gravy, and pumpkin pie shakes. I'm far too lazy to make a real pie on top of actual cooking.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: