This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GFreeMO Proficient

Raining here too Shadow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm down the road from Vail.  It's not the middle of no where and not far from Denver actually.  I think it has something to do with being at 8500 feet.  Altitude and cooking or something.  Kansas City had good food!  

Eeeek, i'm at like 6800 or something. I miss cooking at sea level, or at the very least below the high altitude requirements.

Raining here too Shadow

Yay!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I had grass fed cheeseburgers with provolone and homefries. Yeahhhhh......

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Meatballs, new potatoes, salad coming up. I love Mr Mindwarp.

Been to a party for a 4 year old, another tomorrow morning. It's the high life here :)

Adalaide Mentor

I've been through Vail a few times. Once was at night in the snow and it was magical and surreal. Oh... and scary as hell on those roads!

Tonight is grilled chicken breasts, I'll think of something or other to season them. And probably some fried green beans and some oven taters. I am still positively exhausted from a long week. Hopefully I will fare better this upcoming week, as I was pretty much dead on my feet last night and felt quite like a zombie as I went with my husband to find new work clothes and shop for my Mother's Day present.

notme Experienced

Seriously! Running is for things like the zombie apocalypse. I'm not even sure I'd run if one was chasing me. I mean, why die all tired, out of breath, with terrible cramps and miserable? :lol: :lol: :lol: Besides, with my celiac addled brain I'm counting on the zombies leaving me alone. Nothing here for them anyway.

(BTW, he still has all 10 of his toes! So he can count to 20 just fine on his own. :P )

so, in the event of a zombie apocalypse, i don't hafta be the fastest.  i just hafta be faster than you !  i'll be all "here's your tasty snack, zombies" lolz

:P

and glad to hear he has all his toes - Counting is Important!!

Is it really....? Hmmmm....

As did I. I miss it a bit.

No idea what i'm doing for dinner. I just finished a 10 page paper that i had to rush to turn in (with 30 minutes to spare).

Its gonna rain again...

my kid is done as of yesterday.  she managed to pass her final in probs & stats with an 82.  motivated by she never wants to take it again!  lolz.  she was even involved in a car wreck on monday (she is ok) and was still able to get all her stuff done.  i really really really miss her......  all my girls, actually - they are all coming in for memorial day weekend and i am going to be in meemo heaven :)

the night race @ darlington tonight, (i am hoping dummy hamlin runs the whole race..  good luck with your HENDRICK CAR skilisa LOLZ  !)  so i am packing a bag (leftover burger, goat cheese & glutino crackers, etc) to take and roll across the alley to our son's house.  i have a craving for macaroni & cheese, though.......  hmmmmm.....  WITH BACON.....

IrishHeart Veteran

Meatballs, new potatoes, salad coming up. I love Mr Mindwarp.

Been to a party for a 4 year old, another tomorrow morning. It's the high life here :)

High life here too, kiddo. Cleaning the cupboards, the pantry, the basement...oooh boy, and whoohoo!

I'd rather go to the 4 year old's party  :D wanna swap?

Looks like burgers and sweet potato fries (but a salad for me) since it will be all I will be willing to conjure up later.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

Skipping real cooking today. I seared a roast beautifully and threw in it my crockpot this morning and am totally off the hook besides a veggie, some taters and some gravy. Easy peasy.

GottaSki Mentor

so, in the event of a zombie apocalypse, i don't hafta be the fastest.  i just hafta be faster than you !  i'll be all "here's your tasty snack, zombies" lolz

:P

the night race @ darlington tonight, (i am hoping dummy hamlin runs the whole race..  good luck with your HENDRICK CAR skilisa LOLZ  !)  so i am packing a bag (leftover burger, goat cheese & glutino crackers, etc) to take and roll across the alley to our son's house.  i have a craving for macaroni & cheese, though.......  hmmmmm.....  WITH BACON.....

Haven't watched yet...was camping last night to watch another type of race -- the Tour of California - Stage 1 -- Hubby  pre-rode the entire course yesterday 102 miles with 9,000 feet of climbing...CRAZY...here is the great spot we hung out at today...was very relaxing...HOT (95ish) but I had plenty of shade and ice -- even got quite a bit of studying done for upcoming Bio final -- fantastic restful Mom's Day :)

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers...along with all those whom have mothered someone...that covers everybody I think.  Dinner will be ribs and I'm not sure....plan changed up a bit when we decided to come home rather than pack out of the campground at o'dark thirty.

ps...our family's Zombie Apocalypse Plan was developed several years ago...with annual review -- of course.

971800_4573928720307_1695019236_n.webp

notme Experienced

looks like a good spot to spend mother's day!  not so much for a zombie apocalypse lolz :D   i got flowers at church, heard from all four of my brats, spent the rest of the day in the garden and then i got my wish:

macaroni & cheese with bacon & tomatoes

life is fine, indeed.  HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!  to y'all!!

Adalaide Mentor

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers...along with all those whom have mothered someone...that covers everybody I think.  Dinner will be ribs and I'm not sure....plan changed up a bit when we decided to come home rather than pack out of the campground at o'dark thirty.

I think this is a great point. Mother's Day isn't just for the mothers who have biological children, but for everyone who has ever mothered. Many may never have their own but are still every bit a mother. Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

IrishHeart Veteran

ps...our family's Zombie Apocalypse Plan was developed several years ago...with annual review -- of course.

of course.... along with fire drills.  :D  I  am so glad you had a good and restful weekend, Ski. You mama bear yourself like mad and you deserve some down time.....And, nice umbrellas!

DAMN, girl...THAT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN IN A MOUTHFUL and I can't have cheese, bacon or toms right now. <_<  :lol: but it still sounds like YUM and I hope it was everything you wanted.

I think this is a great point. Mother's Day isn't just for the mothers who have biological children, but for everyone who has ever mothered. Many may never have their own but are still every bit a mother. Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

And thank you for your thoughtful  email mother's day message, you sweet girl. It made my day so much brighter. xx

of all the collateral damage celiac disease caused, not being able to be a mom is the worst by far.

But, I had lots of kids in 22 years of teaching and a few more since and life is good indeed.

Last night, I had a Lucy Ricardo moment and thought of you guys. :huh:  Note to self: do not touch the handle of the skillet that holds the smothered

pork chops. It was in the oven for 45 minutes, you big dumbass. 

Spent last night with my hand in a bucket of cold water, but enjoying every moment of a mindless TV show called Revenge.

Can't help myself. I know it's pure soap opera, but watching her exact her revenge is just so cool.

Almost as good as watching Khaleesi tell her dragons to light up her enemies.

Tonight will be chicken something or other, broccoli slaw and roasted carrots.

and I'll have the hubs handle the pans. 

GottaSki Mentor

DAMN, girl...THAT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN IN A MOUTHFUL and I can't have cheese, bacon or toms right now. <_<  :lol: but it still sounds like YUM and I hope it was everything you wanted.

I thought the same thing...sounds soooo good...unfortunately I'm a bit on the bloated side today for the two pieces of thick bacon I ate yesterday -- so yep, bacon still a no-no...but my heirloom tomatoes are growing so that will be the next trial -- whenever they are ready.

On the bright side...my hubby gave me no grief for not packing tomato and lettuce along with the bacon steaks ;) --- in the past he would have been a total grump about that one -- I could "hear" him thinking it as soon as he started frying the bacon -- lol so I said we have no tomato or lettuce but we do have burgers to fry up with cheese and pineapple slices -- the Hawaiian burgers reheated on the dash were awesome -- not worth the bloat today....but it was damn good!!!   Hmmm...maybe it was the thin slices of fresh pineapple that got me -- okay I have just successfully justified another bacon trial next month :P

notme Experienced

I thought the same thing...sounds soooo good...unfortunately I'm a bit on the bloated side today for the two pieces of thick bacon I ate yesterday -- so yep, bacon still a no-no...but my heirloom tomatoes are growing so that will be the next trial -- whenever they are ready.

that's what i do - i kind of (well, i had _______ today, i better have _______ too, don't want to overdo it) i'm surprised with the cheese AND tomato AND bacon that i'm not feeling bloated-er.  wouldn't have mattered - it was plate-to-face action.  i have the day at home except to go pick up kids at school.  (i just drive up to the door and tell them "mleh, just gimme the ones you got left" lolz)  

-- the Hawaiian burgers reheated on the dash were awesome -- 

i would eat them!!!  sounds like a great meal idea for this week :)  pineapple on the grill is ever so yummy..

IrishHeart Veteran

.  (i just drive up to the door and tell them "mleh, just gimme the ones you got left" lolz)  

:lol:  :lol:

notme Experienced

how are your hands, IH ?   ugh, burns are the worst!  by now, though, my fingertips are almost completely nerve free....  

IrishHeart Veteran

how are your hands, IH ?   ugh, burns are the worst!  by now, though, my fingertips are almost completely nerve free....  

I'm okay, thanks.. it's just "grouchy"  and it is just the left one and (fortunately?)  it's the same one I severed the nerves in the middle  finger when I sliced through it last year. so it could be worse? LOL.

I'll live. I just hate it when I'm stoopid. <_<

kareng Grand Master

.  (i just drive up to the door and tell them "mleh, just gimme the ones you got left" lolz)  

Really, that's all that matters.  If you deposited 2, you get 2 back.  Not unlike a bank - except you would deposit 2 and get 2.1 back.  Fractions of kids isn't good.  :ph34r:

Adalaide Mentor

I grab hot pan handles all the time. Like at least once or twice a month. I swear my husband must think he married an idiot. At this point he is over the sympathy and his response is usually "hot things are hot." :lol:

Really, that's all that matters.  If you deposited 2, you get 2 back.  Not unlike a bank - except you would deposit 2 and get 2.1 back.  Fractions of kids isn't good.  :ph34r:

This would also require our kids to be multiplying like rabbits or tribbles in the schools. Also not good.

GottaSki Mentor

I'm okay, thanks.. it's just "grouchy"  and it is just the left one and (fortunately?)  it's the same one I severed the nerves in the middle  finger when I sliced through it last year. so it could be worse? LOL.

I'll live. I just hate it when I'm stoopid. <_<

Klutsie does not equal stoopid -- that is some fuzzy math you are doing up there....hope it is all cooled and not bubbly -- I've done that one far too many times so I am forbidden from putting anything with a handle in the oven!

Dinner tonight is Corned Beef -- simply because it is hot as hell here so I needed something quick to throw in the crockpot on my way out the door this morning.

Actually as I type a cool breeze just blew through -- Thank God for small favors :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Klutsie does not equal stoopid --

you are sweet and loving, and trying to let me off da hook....XXOO ...........but trust me, this was plain stoopid! :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

Klutsie does not equal stoopid -- that is some fuzzy math you are doing up there....hope it is all cooled and not bubbly -- I've done that one far too many times so I am forbidden from putting anything with a handle in the oven!

Dinner tonight is Corned Beef -- simply because it is hot as hell here so I needed something quick to throw in the crockpot on my way out the door this morning.

Actually as I type a cool breeze just blew through -- Thank God for small favors :)

Can you send that breeze this way? We've gone from spring to summer here! We're in the 80s now and sunny and just too hot and icky for me. I love the 60s and maybe low 70s, but now being outside just saps my strength and leaves me beat. Going to have to get up pretty early tomorrow to beat the sun to plant corn.

GottaSki Mentor

Can you send that breeze this way? We've gone from spring to summer here! We're in the 80s now and sunny and just too hot and icky for me. I love the 60s and maybe low 70s, but now being outside just saps my strength and leaves me beat. Going to have to get up pretty early tomorrow to beat the sun to plant corn.

us too...usually we are "May Gray" about now but have been hanging around 90 at the beach -- supposed to cool off tomorrow or Wed....hope this breeze keeps blowing your way :)

Adalaide Mentor

I'll take it! I'm totally certifiable I guess. On top of the hot weather I decided to flip on the oven and make meatloaf tonight. I also made pasta with a ricotta sauce which my husband wouldn't go near. Apparently he has a delicious food intolerance. <_<

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Who cares what's for dinner, my Mum called to say she has booked a celiac test this week, and is going to try gluten-free whatever the results.

Her stoopid doctor told her to not worry about tests, but try wheat free for a couple of weeks to see if it helped. She persuade the doc, and I persuaded Mum to try gluten-free not just wheat free with 'well, I did that for 9 years, and you have seen the difference gluten-free'.

I am so so happy. She was diagnosed with cfs/me years ago, and admitted she thought I had it. Now she has seen my total transformation, sshe is having to consider that she has what I have, rather than me having what she has.

Please can anyone who can have cake or champagne or something yummy and special have one for me?! I may treat myself to some pecans....