#3542 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Bison meatloaf
Sauteed collard greens with shallots and our perennial favorite, ba-con.
Orange olive oil bread (yup, it sounds funny, but it is fabulous)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

β€œIf idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3543 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

I am making crispy baked fish (cod) and chips with a light batter and crispy coating. Oh, and onion rings, too. Crudites with Green Goddess dressing.

Dessert? Today I made pecan cinnamon buns you ROLL out. Delicious. You can actually peel the layers apart.

stop it ,stop it ,stop it you temptress jezebel!

fish and chips and O-rings ...Oh my!

and (whimper) pecan cinnamon rolls too? My fav!

waaaa!...why, oh why do you have to live

2,588 miles away from me?

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3544 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

I am making crispy baked fish (cod) and chips with a light batter and crispy coating. Oh, and onion rings, too. Crudites with Green Goddess dressing.

Dessert? Today I made pecan cinnamon buns you ROLL out. Delicious. You can actually peel the layers apart.

When I start my gluten-free compound/settlement Lovie has to come cook for us! Probably give her the main house cause it will have the best kitchen.

Can't say what I'm having. :ph34r: Irish told me I can't say left-overs or a meal with less than 3 ingredients. :P

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3545 Persei V.

Persei V.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Steak with fried onions. Juice. And a carob coconut bar. My dad just came back from a trip and brought me those fabulous treats, as well as my always favorite soy chocolate aaaaand 2,5 kilos of almonds. Which makes me happy because I starved last week since I didn't have any almonds to make butter and neither could bake goodies with flaxseed flour (since I have to rotate the flours I bake with and the almonds were an hour away by car).

So I am a happy girl with my carob coconut bars and 2,5 kilos of almonds. I have almonds for the rest of my life.
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#3546 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

stop it ,stop it ,stop it you temptress jezebel!

fish and chips and O-rings ...Oh my!

and (whimper) pecan cinnamon rolls too? My fav!

waaaa!...why, oh why do you have to live

2,588 miles away from me?

Temptress! You kill me. :lol:

I love good fish and chips - the real thing, not the fake insipid purchased icky commercial stuff. Oh, and did I neglect to mention my homemade tartar sauce with lots of capers? Oh, man. I almost can't stand it.

The pecan rolls are good but need a couple of tweaks. At least they unroll like they should... :rolleyes:

And you know you would always be welcome here (as long as you and Sylvia shovel for us! :lol: )
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3547 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

When I start my gluten-free compound/settlement Lovie has to come cook for us! Probably give her the main house cause it will have the best kitchen.

Can't say what I'm having. :ph34r: Irish told me I can't say left-overs or a meal with less than 3 ingredients. :P

Lovie will most def be our "chef" and we will give her whatever she needs. (I can help)
Sylvia will shovel the snow (that's a given--she promised) and I can't (whine whine--my arms. my shoulders)

And let us be clear...I said we call it "encores".

uh un!....I never said a meal "should be less than 3 ingredients"....show me where I said that? :P proof, I want proof. Cuz, baby I use more than that.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3548 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Lovie will most def be our "chef" and we will give here whatever she needs. (I can help)
Sylvia will shovel the snow (that's a given--she promised) and I can't (whine whine--my arms. my shoulders)

And let us be clear...I said we call it "encores".

uh un!....I never said a meal "should be less than 3 ingredients"....show me where I said that? :P proof, I want proof. Cuz, baby I use more than that.

You told me a real meal has more than 3 ingredients. :)

And we would have a tractor or truck with a plow so you could " shovel"

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

LTES

#3549 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

You told me a real meal has more than 3 ingredients. :)

And we would have a tractor or truck with a plow so you could " shovel"

yes..that is correct...... a real meal does have more than 3 ingredients...so we agree? :)

I refuse to shovel- My "talents" lie elsewhere.... :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3550 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Turkey day today! I'll make cornbread pudding (from the new Living Without holiday issue), mashed taters, gravy, and pumpkin pie shakes. I'm far too lazy to make a real pie on top of actual cooking.

I bought that Holiday Issue so did you like the cornbread pudding?
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3551 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

mac and cheese with bunches of veggies is planned for dinner :lol:

#3552 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

When we have that gluten-free compound, this girl does not plan to shovel at all!!! We can all chip in and pay someone else to do it!!! :D

Last night I made pizza using Bette Hagman's crust recipe and my new USA pizza pan. Great investment as like all other USA Pans, I did not even have to oil or spray the pan and the pizza slid right off. I previously was lining a different pizza pan with nonstick aluminum foil so this new one is a godsend.
Sylvia

#3553 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

When we have that gluten-free compound, this girl does not plan to shovel at all!!! We can all chip in and pay someone else to do it!!! :D

Last night I made pizza using Bette Hagman's crust recipe and my new USA pizza pan. Great investment as like all other USA Pans, I did not even have to oil or spray the pan and the pizza slid right off. I previously was lining a different pizza pan with nonstick aluminum foil so this new one is a godsend.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my USA Pullman pan.
Bette Hagman's Four Flour bread recipe grew 5 inches tall (Sylvia will testify)

We're having "encores" tonight--that bison meatloaf was awesome and it made a LOT.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3554 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

My hub would like to drive a tractor and plow the drive. When we were inColorado a few weeks ago, we looked at the real estate listings. There was a nice house with a nice second little house. The second house had the most gorgeous kitchen. Just need to a find a property with a few more houses on it. How many do I need?

Love my USA pans, too!

LTES

#3555 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE my USA Pullman pan.
Bette Hagman's Four Flour bread recipe grew 5 inches tall (Sylvia will testify)

We're having "encores" tonight--that bison meatloaf was awesome and it made a LOT.

I also baked a loaf of that bread that was 5" tall...and it had to be crammed sideways into my toaster.

I don't have "encores"...mine are strictly "leftovers". :lol:
Sylvia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: