8761 replies to this topic

#3556 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

My hub would like to drive a tractor and plow the drive. When we were inColorado a few weeks ago, we looked at the real estate listings. There was a nice house with a nice second little house. The second house had the most gorgeous kitchen. Just need to a find a property with a few more houses on it. How many do I need?

Love my USA pans, too!

Good of you to volunteering you hub! LOL We can give L2T the house with the gorgeous kitchen as she'll be doing the cooking. We'll probably need a lot of houses...maybe we should buy a development.

Speaking of USA Pans, I also bought the hamburger bun pan, which I should try out soon. I have found out when baking muffins that I don't need to use liners or oil/spray the pan and they come right out. I'm going to make a batch of pumpkin muffins today with Hershey's cinnamon chips. OMG! Are they good!!!
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3557 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

My hub would like to drive a tractor and plow the drive. When we were inColorado a few weeks ago, we looked at the real estate listings. There was a nice house with a nice second little house. The second house had the most gorgeous kitchen. Just need to a find a property with a few more houses on it. How many do I need?

Love my USA pans, too!

Get one for me!. I'll be there 6 months out of the year. The rest of the time...I'm on a beach.

and yup, the toast needs to "flipped " at least once to get it all toasted :Dbut at least it does not take 22 minutes--remember that time LOVEY CLOCKED the gluten-free toast time??.....hysterical.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3558 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

I'm going to make a batch of pumpkin muffins today with Hershey's cinnamon chips. OMG! Are they good!!!

hey, chubster, OINK!.....you just made a batch of those....they are gone already??! (and don't even try and pretend Maggie the dog ate them.....)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3559 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

hey, chubster, OINK!.....you just made a batch of those....they are gone already??! (and don't even try and pretend Maggie the dog ate them.....)

I only got 9 muffins out of that batch and still have two left but want to bring some for friends tomorrow especially since one picked up a couple more bags of cinnamon chips for me. :-) Oink! Nope...Maggie has never tasted them and she's a chubster, too!

/s/ Chubster
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3560 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,631 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Good of you to volunteering you hub! LOL We can give L2T the house with the gorgeous kitchen as she'll be doing the cooking. We'll probably need a lot of houses...maybe we should buy a development.

Speaking of USA Pans, I also bought the hamburger bun pan, which I should try out soon. I have found out when baking muffins that I don't need to use liners or oil/spray the pan and they come right out. I'm going to make a batch of pumpkin muffins today with Hershey's cinnamon chips. OMG! Are they good!!!

My sis wanted to make those gluten-free for me. I told her not to bother. She said she wanted new muffin pans! She wanted to bring them for Thanksgiving to give my mom something to take home. I told her just to make gluten ones and leave a few for my boys.

Have you seen that new TV show "New neighbors"? The aliens crashed on earth and bought a whole townhouse development on a golf course. We could try that.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#3561 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

I only got 9 muffins out of that batch and still have two left but want to bring some for friends tomorrow especially since one picked up a couple more bags of cinnamon chips for me. :-) Oink! Nope...Maggie has never tasted them and she's a chubster, too!

/s/ Chubster

Sharing with the gang tomorrow (wink wink) ---mm hmm.....sure you are. That's what you say
/s/ your pal, Fatso McLard Butt

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3562 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Have you seen that new TV show "New neighbors"? The aliens crashed on earth and bought a whole townhouse development on a golf course. We could try that.

Now you're talking....That's my kind of neighborhood..... Larry Bird and Jackie Joyner Kersey hahahaha
I wanna drive a golf cart and bring DINNER to everyone.....after Love2 has made it, of course....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3563 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

I'll try to bake a three ingredients bread loaf whose recipe I just made up. If it doesn't work out, I will eat bean soup! I never liked beans but after going grain-free I adjusted my taste to actually enjoy eating them.
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#3564 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

I'll try to bake a three ingredients bread loaf whose recipe I just made up. If it doesn't work out, I will eat bean soup! I never liked beans but after going grain-free I adjusted my taste to actually enjoy eating them.

Not sure what kind of grain free bread you like, hon, but Elana Amsterdam has a few recipes here.

http://www.elanaspan...recipes/breads/

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3565 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Not sure what kind of grain free bread you like, hon, but Elana Amsterdam has a few recipes here.

http://www.elanaspan...recipes/breads/

Yes, I based my recipe from the "Simple Bread" of this site... Only that I can't use baking powder or baking soda -- so there's a neat trick with the eggs that eliminates the need for them. And I also don't have agave nectar, so I'm just cutting it out to see how it tastes like.

So the ingredients are eggs, almond flour and salt. Wonder how that will turn out.

#3566 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I bought that Holiday Issue so did you like the cornbread pudding?

Good stuff! I baked up a batch of Bob's cornbread while I got the turkey ready and just crumbled up about half of it to use. My husband wouldn't touch it, I wasn't surprised and frankly that is fine by me. I'll probably freeze the rest of the cornbread for Christmas so I don't have to make more.

I wanted to do that maple whatever turkey with the rub and the maple vinegar glaze. It looked SO GOOD! He wrinkled his nose at that idea. <_< Lots of fun recipes though and a lot of good information in there on stubbing stuff and just plain good cooking advice. I may just get myself a subscription for a year, it would cost half as much as picking up 6 issues.

Oh, and the LAST issue had a recipe for red velvet cheesecake. So I have to contact them to get a copy. I'll sell my soul for that recipe, I don't care what I have to do. I will have that for my birthday.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3567 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Yes, I based my recipe from the "Simple Bread" of this site... Only that I can't use baking powder or baking soda -- so there's a neat trick with the eggs that eliminates the need for them. And I also don't have agave nectar, so I'm just cutting it out to see how it tastes like.

So the ingredients are eggs, almond flour and salt. Wonder how that will turn out.

Hope it works out. I'm pretty sure you will need the baking soda and the vinegar..
It's the acid and baking soda base that creates leavening for a baked good, so it rises (in the absence of yeast).
If you do not have agave, sub maple syrup.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3568 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Oh, and the LAST issue had a recipe for red velvet cheesecake. So I have to contact them to get a copy. I'll sell my soul for that recipe, I don't care what I have to do. I will have that for my birthday.

Which issue was it in? I'll search for it. I have a subscription. But then, I'll own your soul. :D

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3569 Persei V.

Persei V.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hope it works out. I'm pretty sure you will need the baking soda and the vinegar..
It's the acid and baking soda base that creates leavening for a baked good, so it rises (in the absence of yeast).
If you do not have agave, sub maple syrup.

Beating the egg-whites until they are meringue-like and adding them for last makes the dough rise just as baking powder does. I do that in all my cakes now... I'm just wondering about the taste.

#3570 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

As far as I know, it was the most recent issue before the holiday one. It was near the back. I was flipping looking at someone's copy somewhere and swore I'd get my hands on that recipe. Now... to learn to make cream cheese.

And good luck collecting. I traded my soul for a cookie in second grade, seriously. You'll have to track down whoever has it by now and take it from them.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: