8741 replies to this topic

#3571 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Good of you to volunteering you hub! LOL We can give L2T the house with the gorgeous kitchen as she'll be doing the cooking. We'll probably need a lot of houses...maybe we should buy a development.

Speaking of USA Pans, I also bought the hamburger bun pan, which I should try out soon. I have found out when baking muffins that I don't need to use liners or oil/spray the pan and they come right out. I'm going to make a batch of pumpkin muffins today with Hershey's cinnamon chips. OMG! Are they good!!!

Thanks for the house with the gorgeous kitchen! Who wants to tackle this building project? Are we going to become a commune of our own?

Those muffins sound delicious! :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3572 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Get one for me!. I'll be there 6 months out of the year. The rest of the time...I'm on a beach.

and yup, the toast needs to "flipped " at least once to get it all toasted :Dbut at least it does not take 22 minutes--remember that time LOVEY CLOCKED the gluten-free toast time??.....hysterical.

That was rather humorous, wasn't it? I believe it was either 18 or 22 minutes. I washed AND dried the dishes while that stupid bread was toasting. And then probably did the laundry and got the groceries. Or maybe not... :D
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3573 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

When I start my gluten-free compound/settlement Lovie has to come cook for us! Probably give her the main house cause it will have the best kitchen.

Can't say what I'm having. :ph34r: Irish told me I can't say left-overs or a meal with less than 3 ingredients. :P

I will gladly come and cook for you. It is in my blood. A day without cooking to me is sheer madness. It stresses me when I cannot cook. And thanks for your generosity with offering me the main house. Can I plan the kitchen? What is my budget? :P

#3574 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Lovie will most def be our "chef" and we will give her whatever she needs. (I can help)
Sylvia will shovel the snow (that's a given--she promised) and I can't (whine whine--my arms. my shoulders)

And let us be clear...I said we call it "encores".

uh un!....I never said a meal "should be less than 3 ingredients"....show me where I said that? :P proof, I want proof. Cuz, baby I use more than that.

Irish, you and I would make a great cooking team, wouldn't we? We'd scope out all the unusual cool ingredients at the specialty shops and markets (making sure they are good and expensive) and cook our little hearts out.

Meals less than 3 ingredients? Heck, I know very well that both you and I can use up to 30 ingredients in a dish, let alone a meal. Bring on the complex, difficult, challenging and downright nearly impossible and we will DO IT! :D

#3575 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

As far as I know, it was the most recent issue before the holiday one. It was near the back. I was flipping looking at someone's copy somewhere and swore I'd get my hands on that recipe. Now... to learn to make cream cheese.

And good luck collecting. I traded my soul for a cookie in second grade, seriously. You'll have to track down whoever has it by now and take it from them.

the current one is Dec/Jan and has cookies on the front
Do you mean
Oct/Nov (That was the Thanksgiving Hoilday Issue)
or Aug/Sept.
I can download it and email it you (PDF)

I searched the magazine's site for you. There is no red velvet cheesecake recipe coming up.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3576 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Irish, you and I would make a great cooking team, wouldn't we? We'd scope out all the unusual cool ingredients at the specialty shops and markets (making sure they are good and expensive) and cook our little hearts out.

Meals less than 3 ingredients? Heck, I know very well that both you and I can use up to 30 ingredients in a dish, let alone a meal. Bring on the complex, difficult, challenging and downright nearly impossible and we will DO IT! :D

I am not as eager about the "complex and difficult" as you are, hon. I DO like a good challenge, however.

I still am not quite sure what I said that made Karen think I said a meal could not be less than 3 ingredients (but I will claim short term memory loss from celiac) :lol: but I think it is possible to have one. A plain burger, a baked potato with butter isn't so bad, I guess??.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3577 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

the current one is Dec/Jan and has cookies on the front
Do you mean
Oct/Nov (That was the Thanksgiving Hoilday Issue)
or Aug/Sept.
I can download it and email it you (PDF)

I searched the magazine's site for you. There is no red velvet cheesecake recipe coming up.

I looked, too, both the index of the my last several issues and online. No red velvet cheesecake recipe to be found. http://www.livingwit...s/archives.html
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3578 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

And I will happily stand behind you and pester you about how many dishes you are
dirtying!!! :lol: :lol:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3579 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for the house with the gorgeous kitchen! Who wants to tackle this building project? Are we going to become a commune of our own?

Those muffins sound delicious! :)

I think Karen should volunteer her hub, like she did for plowing snow. :)

The muffins are good, especially warm after a few min. out of the oven. I use Pamela's pumpkin bread recipe and make them into muffins. Easier. No slicing.
Sylvia

#3580 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

And I will happily stand behind you and pester you about how many dishes you are
dirtying!!! :lol: :lol:

You can bet your last dollar that it'll be us washing those dishes!
Sylvia

#3581 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Seriously, can you imagine how happy we would all be?
A truly gluten-free community --sharing our recipes and eating and drinking together and never once worrying we were getting sick from it all?
Pure nirvana.
The only thing we would have to worry about is our tight pants....which brings us back to those muu muus..... :lol:

Before it gets too crazy and busy (my Mom is coming tomorrow)...
Happy Thanksgiving ,Everyone!!

..... or as Jacques Pepin and the icon that is Julia Child say: Happy Cooking and Bon Appetite!
I had a chef friend in Boston who used to say: if we cannot afford to live like kings, we can, at least, eat like them
Enjoy!xxoo .

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3582 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'll go cry now... I have no idea. A lady let me flip through it but I was was so distracted and frustrated by other things I didn't write it down. I just remember thinking that it isn't a big deal to contact the magazine and ask for a copy. This almost calls for breaking out the headbanging pony.

ETA: The one I have is not one of the ones I see listed on their website either. I have the Gluten-Free Holidays one with the blue cover. I suppose she could have been talking about the Thanksgiving one, I don't know. I'm so confused.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3583 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,616 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

The only thing we would have to worry about is our tight pants....which brings us back to those muu muus..... :lol:

And this is where the shoveling comes in!

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#3584 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Those muu muus are a far easier solution. I also have a man I can throw at the shoveling problem. BRING ON THE MUU MUUS!!!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3585 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

OOOOOO!! (still not doing it) SYLVIA!!!!!!!

Those muu muus are a far easier solution. I also have a man I can throw at the shoveling problem. BRING ON THE MUU MUUS!!!

yesssss!!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: