• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Apple Cider Brined Double-Cut Pork Chops with Calvados Glaze
Chanterelle Risotto
Minted Peas
gluten-free Fudge Brownies

Not missing gluten at our house, either - basically when we go out.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#347 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

White chicken chili in the slow cooker and corn bread made with coconut milk.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#348 Emilushka

Emilushka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

Hedgehog potatoes

#349 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hedgehog potatoes

Yum. I know these as Hasselback Potatoes. Either way, they are good. I also add slivers of garlic in between the slices but then I LOVE garlic. Then top with Parmesan. Sometimes I get a little carried away...:P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#350 Emilushka

Emilushka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

Yum. I know these as Hasselback Potatoes. Either way, they are good. I also add slivers of garlic in between the slices but then I LOVE garlic. Then top with Parmesan. Sometimes I get a little carried away...:P

I make mine with dried rosemary tucked in, minced garlic on top, and generously sprinkled salt. (And olive oil.)

They are wonderful. I made mine tonight with pork tenderloin. Amazing.

#351 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

I make mine with dried rosemary tucked in, minced garlic on top, and generously sprinkled salt. (And olive oil.)

They are wonderful. I made mine tonight with pork tenderloin. Amazing.

Sounds delicious! I love how the outside edges become so crispy and the centres remain tender. Mmmm....

#352 Nor_TX

Nor_TX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

I'm still working with the flash frozen haddock fillets that Sprouts has for sale for $3.97 per pound, regular 9.00.

I defrosted a pound and rinsed them and cut them into serving pieces. On a dinner plate I placed about 1/2 cup of gluten free Bisquick and seasoned it with salt, pepper and paprika. I coated the fish pieces with the flour mixture flipping the pieces over several times and tapping the mixture into each piece.

In a frying pan I placed a bit of oil and about 2 TBSP gluten and dairy free Smart Balance margarine. Once the fat was hot I carefully placed the fish and cooked on each side until golden and crispy and the fish flaked. It took about 4 - 4 1/2 minutes per side.

I peeled some asparagus and dropped them into some simmering salted water for a couple of minutes. Had a slice of buttered Katz gluten free bread and it was a delicious and safe meal. Brought the rest to work today for lunch.

I plan to go back and buy 10 more pounds of fish from Sprouts so I can have some yummy, easy to meals to last me through a couple of upcoming surgeries.
Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

#353 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

5 minute lasagna

preheat oven to 350

in a big bowl mix together:
2 beaten eggs
15 oz container of ricotta
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs italian seasoning
1 jar pasta sauce
1/2 jar of water
1 box of penne pasta (dry)

pour into baking dish
top with mozzerella

bake 350 for about 45min

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#354 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

5 minute lasagna

preheat oven to 350

in a big bowl mix together:
2 beaten eggs
15 oz container of ricotta
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs italian seasoning
1 jar pasta sauce
1/2 jar of water
1 box of penne pasta (dry)

pour into baking dish
top with mozzerella

bake 350 for about 45min

OMG, this sounds good and EASY! How large a box of penne do you use?
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#355 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

Tonight I'm cooking zucchini pancakes with balsamic mushrooms and leek and roasted tomato. And some home made gluten free sour dough bread. Dessert will be blackberry friands. I'm excited... I better get cooking :)

could someone please,pretty please , tell me what zucchini pancakes are, and how to make them ,,,,pleasssseeee :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#356 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

Sylvia, I had the same question!!!!!!
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#357 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

Sylvia, I had the same question!!!!!!

Sounds like a really good emergency meal to me...and since I live alone and it would freeze well, it would be several emergency meals. :D
Sylvia

#358 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

An 8oz box. It was the Hodgson Mills gluten-free penne.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#359 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

could someone please,pretty please , tell me what zucchini pancakes are, and how to make them ,,,,pleasssseeee :D

They can be made a couple of different ways but I suspect in this case they are like potato pancakes (i.e. grated, mixed with egg or whatever for binding and seasoning then fried). They are very good!

#360 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

An 8oz box. It was the Hodgson Mills gluten-free penne.

Glad I asked as it would make quite a difference to use too much. Thanks a lot!
Sylvia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: