This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Jestgar Rising Star

I have a weird craving for tuna fish sandwiches :blink: :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I'm in the same boat you are...I don't have a clue!!! :(

I ended up doing boneless skinless chicken on the stove-top seasoned with Paprika, onion powder, garlic powers, chili powder, tumeric, Kosher salt and pepper...sort of my own version of seasoning salt or a rotisserie type blend. Then I made some cooked baby carrots with brown sugar and a touch of honey. And for a starch I microwaved a bag of Green Giant corn. Boring...but we ate it and I have some leftover's for tommorrow's lunch (always my goal).

I have a weird craving for tuna fish sandwiches :blink: :blink:

That actually sounds good to me...now that I have eaten, LOL! However I only have frozen Ahi Tuna steaks and rice cakes. I don't suppose they would make good sandwiches. :ph34r:

sa1937 Community Regular

Well, I did it! Shrimp scampi, brown rice (had a serving in the freezer) and fresh asparagus. Not bad for a spur-of-the-moment miracle. :lol:

I really need to do better planning to get out of a boring rut.

ETA: And a piece of chocolate chip cake later this evening.

sa1937 Community Regular

I ended up doing boneless skinless chicken on the stove-top seasoned with Paprika, onion powder, garlic powers, chili powder, tumeric, Kosher salt and pepper...sort of my own version of seasoning salt or a rotisserie type blend. Then I made some cooked baby carrots with brown sugar and a touch of honey. And for a starch I microwaved a bag of Green Giant corn. Boring...but we ate it and I have some leftover's for tommorrow's lunch (always my goal).

That would work for me!!! At least it would be a lot better than the sandwich I had last night on my inconsistent quality Udi's bread.

Well, I did it! Shrimp scampi, brown rice (had a serving in the freezer) and fresh asparagus. Not bad for a spur-of-the-moment miracle. :lol:

I really need to do better planning to get out of a boring rut.

ETA: And a piece of chocolate chip cake later this evening.

Ooh that cake sounds faboulous! Care to share the recipe? I just got my first bag of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (they're gltuen, dairy and soy free) and I've been trying to figure what to make besides cc cookies.

sa1937 Community Regular

Ooh that cake sounds faboulous! Care to share the recipe? I just got my first bag of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (they're gltuen, dairy and soy free) and I've been trying to figure what to make besides cc cookies.

It's a bundt cake from the Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free and calls for a 15-oz box of gluten-free yellow cake mix (I used BC), . Can you have that or does it have soy in it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

It's a bundt cake from the Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free and calls for a 15-oz box of gluten-free yellow cake mix (I used BC), . Can you have that or does it have soy in it?

The new ones do have soy but I have one in my pantry from before they added soy to the ingredients list. Been looking for a use for it so that recipe would be perfect.

sa1937 Community Regular

The new ones do have soy but I have one in my pantry from before they added soy to the ingredients list. Been looking for a use for it so that recipe would be perfect.

I'll have to type it out (probably tomorrow). In the meantime, she has 3 gluten-free recipes on her website you might like to check out. http://www.cakemixdo...ts/gluten-free/ I think I'm going to be pretty pleased with her gluten-free cookbook.

I'll have to type it out (probably tomorrow). In the meantime, she has 3 gluten-free recipes on her website you might like to check out. http://www.cakemixdo...ts/gluten-free/ I think I'm going to be pretty pleased with her gluten-free cookbook.

Thank you, I'll check out the site!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Chicken baked in parchment paper (my new fav way to bake) THANKS! With fresh basil, fresh lemon thyme, lemon juice and veggies. Fruit salad with strawberries, blackberries, grapes and fresh pineapple.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I have no idea! Argh, I'm in a rut and I need ideas...I currently have ground chicken, boneless skniless chicken breast, Tuna steaks and ground beef and none of it sounds good to me right now....Maybe a veggie stirfry instead? I have fresh summer squash, carrots, cereley, onion, garlic, frozen peppers, frozen peas, frozen brocoli... I'm so tired of rice though. I have baby red poatoes but I don't want to heat up the hosue with oven roasting them...will have to make them in the slow cooker tommorrow I guess. I have some dried yellow split peas to use up...Any ideas anyone? what is everyone else having tonight?

How about meatballs with your ground meat? You can spice them up several ways! Eat with the veggies grilled?? Can you eat quinoa? that would go good with a stir fry. Glutenfreegoddess has several tastey recipes for quinoa. I often pound my chicken breast thin and stuff them with herbs and veggies I like. I lay the chicken out put the herbs and veggies on and roll them up to cook. How about some chicken and split pea soup in your slow cooker? I know you don't want to heat things up, but you also have a shepherbs pie going on. I'm kinda stuck eating the same thing as well. One more, potato hash with the ground meats!

How about meatballs with your ground meat? You can spice them up several ways! Eat with the veggies grilled?? Can you eat quinoa? that would go good with a stir fry. Glutenfreegoddess has several tastey recipes for quinoa. I often pound my chicken breast thin and stuff them with herbs and veggies I like. I lay the chicken out put the herbs and veggies on and roll them up to cook. How about some chicken and split pea soup in your slow cooker? I know you don't want to heat things up, but you also have a shepherbs pie going on. I'm kinda stuck eating the same thing as well. One more, potato hash with the ground meats!

Thanks for the ideas! I can't eat quinoa but everything else is doable--well except the grilled veggies--I live in an apt and we are not allowed grills. I think I am going to make some Dahl in the slow cooker tommorrow. I found this recipe to try: http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/2008/06/slow-cooker-split-pea-dal.html

Thanks for the other ideas though, it has been a while since I did a shepherd's pie and I might just do meat and veggie kebabs in the oven if it is cooler later this week.

sa1937 Community Regular

Thank you, I'll check out the site!

Would you please PM me regarding the recipe.

sa1937 Community Regular

Tonight I had a bunless burger, sweet potato fries and the leftover asparagus from last night.

Sometimes I wish "people food" came in 30 lb. bags! :lol:

mushroom Proficient

Do you just add water? Or does it require seasoning? :blink:

sa1937 Community Regular

Do you just add water? Or does it require seasoning? :blink:

Seasoning! Lots of it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you please PM me regarding the recipe.

Sorry, I had to disable my PM. I was having some trouble using it. Don't worry about sharing the recipe. I will see if I can get that book from my local library.

Tonight I had a bunless burger, sweet potato fries and the leftover asparagus from last night.

It does! 30 lb bags of rice :) It takes forever to use up though. And you're right it needs LOTS of seasoning! :P

Marilyn R Community Regular

LOL, Sylvia! I've wished you could just take a food pill, never thought of a 30 lb. bag of human food!

Bearing that in mind, I wasn't in the mood to cook tonight. This is wierd, but it worked. Grilled chicken breasts with Indian Tandori rub, white rice, and the left over navy bean soup I cooked this weekend. Had the soup over the rice, which sounds gross, but it was one of those meals that you aren't optimistic about and end up saying, "wow this is an A-minus!" Not a D, not even a C for comfort food.

I'm having the left over sliced grilled chicken tomorrow for lunch over romaine lettuce with sliced cucumbers, dried cherries, shredded carrot and lemon viniagrette. I'm out of sunflower seeds or they'd be in there. Love that sweet, salty, tart combo.

Wishing you all good adventures in cooking...

Jestgar Rising Star

Baked cauliflower and beets, and tuna salad.

sa1937 Community Regular

It does! 30 lb bags of rice :) It takes forever to use up though. And you're right it needs LOTS of seasoning! :P

Right, it would take forever...especially when I live alone! And not a very balanced meal. Sometimes I think my dog eats better than I do! :lol: It was one of those nights after working in the yard and too tired to cook.

sa1937 Community Regular

LOL, Sylvia! I've wished you could just take a food pill, never thought of a 30 lb. bag of human food!

Bearing that in mind, I wasn't in the mood to cook tonight. This is wierd, but it worked. Grilled chicken breasts with Indian Tandori rub, white rice, and the left over navy bean soup I cooked this weekend. Had the soup over the rice, which sounds gross, but it was one of those meals that you aren't optimistic about and end up saying, "wow this is an A-minus!" Not a D, not even a C for comfort food.

I'm having the left over sliced grilled chicken tomorrow for lunch over romaine lettuce with sliced cucumbers, dried cherries, shredded carrot and lemon viniagrette. I'm out of sunflower seeds or they'd be in there. Love that sweet, salty, tart combo.

Wishing you all good adventures in cooking...

Last night a food pill would have worked very well! Sometimes I have weird strange unusual meals but hey, whatever works! :P I think tonight I may do a stir-fry...a clean-out-the-fridge stir-fry. Or a big salad. At least I'm thinking about it and it's only 7 a.m.

Yeah, cooking should be an adventure...and sometimes it is! But not last night.

Poppi Enthusiast

I roasted a turkey last night so tonight will be leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and salad.

I think I will make myself a homemade corn tortilla and put some turkey, cheese, guacamole, sour cream and mango salsa on it. I had that for lunch today and it was good enough to repeat for dinner.

sa1937 Community Regular

I did considerably better tonight...guess it helps to read this thread at 7 a.m. I made a clean-out-the-fridge stir-fry (marinated chicken breast strips, celery, onion, mushrooms and broccoli in a sauce of San-J Tamari, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and sesame oil) and rice.

Will have pineapple a bit later.