8845 replies to this topic

#3586 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I'll go cry now... I have no idea. A lady let me flip through it but I was was so distracted and frustrated by other things I didn't write it down. I just remember thinking that it isn't a big deal to contact the magazine and ask for a copy. This almost calls for breaking out the headbanging pony.

ETA: The one I have is not one of the ones I see listed on their website either. I have the Gluten-Free Holidays one with the blue cover. I suppose she could have been talking about the Thanksgiving one, I don't know. I'm so confused.

okay, do not panic!! (quoted by Douglas Adams... and IH, too) Panic serves no purpose.

What do you need? a cheesecake with red velvet cake in it? (never heard of that, but hey, Lovey can figure it out)

or do you want A Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting?
babe, those are easy peasy!!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3587 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Maybe the lady was confused and it wasn't a Living Without magazine she was carrying around in her purse at all. The picture though was clearly a cheesecake, that was red. I usually have tiramisu for my birthday but making a cheesecake seems far more simple. And I would have the added bonus of having made cream cheese so I could have bagels for breakfast. I googled a little and found red velvet cheesecake brownies. Those could be a perfectly adequate replacement if they have to be. Who would complain about brownies?

Until then, maybe I'll have to make myself a champagne and strawberry cake to soothe myself. Clearly not just for New Year's celebrations!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3588 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Maybe the lady was confused and it wasn't a Living Without magazine she was carrying around in her purse at all. The picture though was clearly a cheesecake, that was red. I usually have tiramisu for my birthday but making a cheesecake seems far more simple. And I would have the added bonus of having made cream cheese so I could have bagels for breakfast. I googled a little and found red velvet cheesecake brownies. Those could be a perfectly adequate replacement if they have to be. Who would complain about brownies?

Until then, maybe I'll have to make myself a champagne and strawberry cake to soothe myself. Clearly not just for New Year's celebrations!

YES! I saw many gluten-free red velvet cheesecake brownies on my search for you....go for it!!
problem solved..all's well in the land....the end....and, G'night sleepy dinner thread members!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3589 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Tonight, leftovers. That is the best reason to cook a turkey right? We never made it to the pumpkin pie shakes last night. My husband's cat went missing and we both went out in the rain for a bit looking for him but neither of us felt up to shakes. The jerk came home today acting all like nothing ever happened. Cats. <_< So shakes tonight with our leftovers.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3590 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Tonight, leftovers. That is the best reason to cook a turkey right? We never made it to the pumpkin pie shakes last night. My husband's cat went missing and we both went out in the rain for a bit looking for him but neither of us felt up to shakes. The jerk came home today acting all like nothing ever happened. Cats. <_< So shakes tonight with our leftovers.

Oh, for pete's sake, Addy! I told you a thousand times, it's not leftovers, it's "encores" :lol:
Cats do not care what we think..I have worried myself sick over Bella when she wanders....and she always comes home.

and finally....make pumpkin muffins, or bread or pie....shakes are not that great in winter...
They are okay in the summer, but in winter, nah.....they are fleeting and cold...It's like reading a sexy novel, with the window open in December.....goosebumps, shivering and no satisfaction.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3591 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

-snort-

I used to buy awsome icecream cones in teh winter in MT. 75 cents for a massive cone. Worth every penny.

I've got to go get my laundry then i'll start on zeh mac and cheese.

#3592 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hey, just have lots of champagne and you won't give a hoot about the cheesecake!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3593 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hey, just have lots of champagne and you won't give a hoot about the cheesecake!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

now, this woman speaks to me...champagne over cake . :lol: :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3594 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Time to kick someone's ass. Went to go back thru copies of Living Without to look for the missing Red Velvet recipe and found that my dear hubby has tossed this year's collection - now I'm not saying there are not things worth tossing laying about - but why does he always pick things that piss me off?

I think we'll designate him as our dishwasher after he finishes building custom homes for us all -- of course he loves to cook as much as I do so we may need to hire a cabana boy to poor wine, champagne, shake martinis, do the dishes and shovel the snow!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3595 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

now, this woman speaks to me...champagne over cake . :lol: :lol:

Speaks to me, too. On the airline, breakfast beverage cart arrives, coffee?? tea?? (always with loads of caffeine because they want to wake you up and get you outta there!) or juice?? nope, not that either, I always ask for the sparkling wine -- oh, how they hate to open that if still corked :P -- and those in the vicinity all look at this lush who is having "champagne" for breakfast. Well, I know, I could have just water, but I am celebrating that I am about to be let out of this crate :lol:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3596 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Edy's has Pumpkin Ice Cream (limited edition) which is really quite good! I served it to company with ginger snaps. I personally prefer ice cream in the winter with a good movie. B)

Meatloaf tonight. Hunts Meatloaf Sauce (with some added spices) and ground beef makes a great, EASY and moist meal.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3597 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

omg, LIsaSkidoodle...this is too funny..one of the best jokes we have in our house is "CABANA BOY! BRING Me DRINKS!!! "(one of the best memories I have is me, years ago, sitting on the beach in St. John... where this bronzed young man ran down the beach carrying drinks on a tray yelling COCKTAILS!.. COCKTAILS! .sigh...he was so adorable.....sigh

holy crap on a cracker...we have digressed....but I took all of you with me, so..girls, we go down together hahahaha

okay back on topic.....DINNER tonight was so -so..after all, it was "encores".but this convo..., made me laugh out loud!! thank you all for being so much fun. Thanksgiving blessings, one and all.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3598 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Speaks to me, too. On the airline, breakfast beverage cart arrives, coffee?? tea?? (always with loads of caffeine because they want to wake you up and get you outta there!) or juice?? nope, not that either, I always ask for the sparkling wine -- oh, how they hate to open that if still corked :P -- and those in the vicinity all look at this lush who is having "champagne" for breakfast. Well, I know, I could have just water, but I am celebrating that I am about to be let out of this crate :lol:

A girl after my own heart. ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3599 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

...I am celebrating that I am about to be let out of this crate :lol:

understandable, indeed! :rolleyes:
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3600 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

And shoveling snow may be good exercise, but we will get plenty when I drag you all out on the slopes -- ummm -- this snow you speak of will be resort adjacent, right?

Dinner for my men is nightshade free chicken enchiladas (cream/garlic sauce), refried beans from scratch and salad.
Endless spaghetti squash encores for me - basil spinach garlic almond pesto tonight :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: