9530 replies to this topic

#3601 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Edy's has Pumpkin Ice Cream (limited edition) which is really quite good! I served it to company with ginger snaps. I personally prefer ice cream in the winter with a good movie. B)

Did they make the cinnamon this year? So good with apple pie or just cooked apples!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3602 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Did they make the cinnamon this year? So good with apple pie or just cooked apples!

Yum..must explore. Ooooh, wouldn't that be good on pumpkin pie??? :P(<licking lips.) I'm bringing a Smithfield Honey Ham, cornbread stuffing and a crustless pumpkin pie to my daughter's in-laws.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3603 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

i ate too much :blink:

First, somehow, my microwave burnt the broccoli O.O so it had to be pitched (replaced with not totally cooked carrots)

Then i somehow oversalt my plate. So i toss the mac and cheese back into the pot stir it in (this is why i don't season whilst cooking most of the time) and put more on my plate. Was good, but every so often i got a bite of salty :blink:

can't win for loose can i?

#3604 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

By popular request, I have given this topic a new title. If you have any feedback, please send me a message.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3605 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

By popular request, I have given this topic a new title. If you have any feedback, please send me a message.

Great idea!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3606 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

it fits considering the tangents that happen in this thread. :lol:

#3607 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

This is a brilliant idea! :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3608 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Guys, i jinxed it... my GERD just reared its head.... oh mac and cheese whyyyyyyyyy......

#3609 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I shortened it (the title) so it would all show in the summary displays.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3610 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Tomorrow I am making:

Korean Scallion Pancakes with Homemade Nuoc Cham
Lemongrass Shrimp with Spicy Thai Chile Sauce
Thai Mung Bean Noodles with Vegetables and Spicy Chile Sauce

Topic of conversation: Food, no doubt, as usual! :) Hopefully I can skirt the Christmas-with-the-inlaws-issue without argument. :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3611 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Oh, for pete's sake, Addy! I told you a thousand times, it's not leftovers, it's "encores" :lol:
Cats do not care what we think..I have worried myself sick over Bella when she wanders....and she always comes home.

and finally....make pumpkin muffins, or bread or pie....shakes are not that great in winter...
They are okay in the summer, but in winter, nah.....they are fleeting and cold...It's like reading a sexy novel, with the window open in December.....goosebumps, shivering and no satisfaction.

I may have said leftovers just to be annoying. :P I also am obsessed with milkshakes, year round. I just can't help myself.

Hey, just have lots of champagne and you won't give a hoot about the cheesecake!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly, I do not partake. But the rules don't forbid me from cooking with it! You drink my share, I'll stick with pictures of cake I can post on my facebook to make everyone jealous. My family I'm sure is missing me and my baking from 2000 miles away. They have no idea how awesome being gluten free is, but I make sure to rub it in every time I cook up something yummy. :D

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3612 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

I may have said leftovers just to be annoying. :P I also am obsessed with milkshakes, year round. I just can't help myself.

Let's see, you admit to being obsessed with ponies and milkshakes. Nothing wrong with either of those. Enjoy, toots! ;)
Dinner tonight:

Burgers and sweet potato fries.
Mom's coming for the week....she is tough to cook for. Think: Plain. Think: no spices, herbs, onions, etc. Think: 3 ingredient dinner.
(and BTW, that was SkiLisa's rule...like most younger sisters, she's keeping mum and letting me take the blame for it. I was pretty sure that was not my rule....But it's good to know I have not completely lost what's left of my mind) :wacko: :D

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3613 simon_n

simon_n

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

We've had a Garlic Chicken Lasagna today. It was was a really good dish!

#3614 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Beef and broccoli with basmati rice.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#3615 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

To go with my husband's insane work schedule last week and this week, a busted car! Okay, maybe not busted but acting funny so I had to drive him to work today because he hates driving my Jeep. (Fine by me, I hate feeling trapped at home.) So anyway, instead of breaking out the waffle iron for turkey and waffles I think I'm just going to be 100% lazy tonight. Leftov...... Encores again. :P We'll do turkey and waffles tomorrow when I have more get up go.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: