• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Millet Pasta with Shrimp and Creole Cream Sauce
Creamed Onions (ETA I meant peas!)
Homemade Pecan Cinnamon Roll

Topic? After food, what's left? :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3617 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Millet Pasta with Shrimp and Creole Cream Sauce
Creamed Onions (ETA I meant peas!)
Homemade Pecan Cinnamon Roll

Topic? After food, what's left? :P

Sweetie, we requested the change of topic title so no one felt "pressured" if they went slightly off topic talking about their day or their reason for choosing their dinner.

It does not mean (literally) that we expect to know what everyone is talking about during dinner. Some of our members eat alone, after all and some members just relax and do not talk much during dinner..

We meant the title to be interpreted as a " what's for dinner...and feel free to chat" thing.

we mean it like this....we post our dinner plans and we chat..we post our dinner plans and we chat (about everything from muu muus to an ideal gluten free compound)

Okay everyone? we just want it to be a safe place to talk about food. Good and healthy and nourishing food. :)
hope this makes sense.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3618 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Sweetie, we requested the change of topic title so no one felt "pressured" if they went slightly off topic talking about their day or their reason for choosing their dinner.

It does not mean (literally) that we expect to know what everyone is talking about during dinner. Some of our members eat alone, after all and some members just relax and do not talk much during dinner..

We meant the title to be interpreted as a " what's for dinner...and feel free to chat" thing.

we mean it like this....we post our dinner plans and we chat..we post our dinner plans and we chat (about everything from muu muus to an ideal gluten free compound)

Okay everyone? we just want it to be a safe place to talk about food. Good and healthy and nourishing food. :)
hope this makes sense.

Yes, IH! I just typed that in sort of tongue-in-cheek. At our house we do not exactly plan our conversations! :lol:

Anyway, more on the gluten-free compound location. What are your considerations? Mine are as follows:

- warm climate (such as Croatia)
- beautiful scenery (such as Croatia)
- wondrous food and ingredients (such as Croatia)
- surrounded by sea (for example, Croatia)
- amazing ancient art, culture, language and architecture (did I mention Croatia?)
- welcoming people - bet you can't guess where I'm thinking of!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3619 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

hope this makes sense.

Not too sure who "we" is/are, but WE had pork tenderloin, slathered with grain mustard with roasted potatoes and carrots. Great on a cold and windy day.

I like the idea of loosening up the topic. Good thought! And a thought for some future threads. :)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3620 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Sometimes I like also to talk about food that is not quite so nourishing or healthy, but is SOoooo so good :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3621 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Sometimes I like also to talk about food that is not quite so nourishing or healthy, but is SOoooo so good :D

Yes :)
Lisa

#3622 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Now that does sound good!!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3623 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Not too sure who "we" is/are, but WE had pork tenderloin, slathered with grain mustard with roasted potatoes and carrots. Great on a cold and windy day.

I like the idea of loosening up the topic. Good thought! And a thought for some future threads. :)

I used the word "We" to refer to the people who requested the change --and there were several of us---so people felt comfy talking about anything they like---- along with their dinner plans. Like muu muus or gluten free compounds.

We--are those who do not worry that much about staying on topic because sometimes a little chit chat is FUN. Hope this clarifies my use of the word we. :).

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3624 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I agree.
Like Ba-con!! (I am not sure why bacon gets a bad rap from the medical community-- so many of us seem to think it is nourishing and healthy and so good.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3625 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Yes, IH! I just typed that in sort of tongue-in-cheek. At our house we do not exactly plan our conversations! :lol:

Anyway, more on the gluten-free compound location. What are your considerations? Mine are as follows:

- amazing ancient art, culture, language and architecture (did I mention Croatia?)

I know that you know what I meant. ;) and it sounds like maybe you're inviting us all to just build right next to your place. Karen,maybe we have our "secondary site"!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3626 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

Was lookng at the real estate ads in Colorado. Perhaps 2 communes? That way we have somewhere to vacation?

Not too sure who "we" is/are,

I got this thread talking about settlements & communes and who would do the snow plowing. I asked a few (sorry not all) people who participate in the thread if they minded that the topic went astray (as I don't post often in it). They said they liked it that way & thought changing the title to reflect the "chat" aspect was a good idea. Then they all thought I could change the title but I had to ask The Oracle to make the magic. :D

I agree. Like Bacon.

A worthy topic in most any thread! :lol:

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3627 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Noooo! Bacon is nourishing for the soul. Surely that counts?

I reckon I could load the dishwasher. Not unload though. Hate that job.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3628 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

I got this thread talking about settlements & communes and who would do the snow plowing. I asked a few (sorry not all) people who participate in the thread if they minded that the topic went astray (as I don't post often in it). They said they liked it that way & thought changing the title to reflect the "chat" aspect was a good idea. Then they all thought I could change the title but I had to ask The Oracle to make the magic. :D

Yes...good idea! :D I'm a bit out of the "loop" these days. :rolleyes: ;)
Lisa

#3629 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

-snort- colorado is in the middle of a heat wave. We need snow.

no idea whats for dinner.

#3630 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Yes...good idea! :D I'm a bit out of the "loop" these days. :rolleyes: ;)

I'm a bit loopy too! :)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: