9125 replies to this topic

#3676 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I didn't feel particularly great yesterday, I've been getting that run down feeling and last night it finally bit me. I think I just have some random bug or another. Thankfully I did the whole turkey thing on Saturday and got it all stored up early so I was set for this I guess. Mashing up some squash tonight and a very little turkey on the side with some ginger ale and bitters. At least tomorrow is a day to do nothing for me. :)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3677 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Think I might be the odd one out over the pond today!

Beef stew with red wine and winter vegetables, in crockpot as we speak.

Just had a severe weather warning, storm to hit in the next hour. Attempting to get Mr Mw and son home before it comes then stay home cosy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Extra special wishes to those of you adding birthday cake to the menu (or maybe cocktails). You know who you are :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3678 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Just had a severe weather warning, storm to hit in the next hour. Attempting to get Mr Mw and son home before it comes then stay home cosy.

Extra special wishes to those of you adding birthday cake to the menu (or maybe cocktails). You know who you are :)

;) it's birthday apple pie and champagne, sweets... and TY xxoo

"Stay home cosy"--that sounds perfect. (hope the storm is not too bad)

Guess what we are having today?

Bacon!! naw, just kidding.

A traditional thanksgiving dinner and tomorrow...yes, encores.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3679 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Mmm apple pie. Maybe Mr Mw fancies a bit of baking when he gets home...

Have a great one x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3680 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Me, too. Our Thanksgiving was ages ago. We are having similar to you - I am brasing beef in red wine et.al. for rich, luxuriant Beef Burgundy. We will have buttery whipped potatoes with sizzling mustard seeds and steamed broccoli. No dessert for us - we've been bad. ;)

To my U.S. friends, have the happiest of Thanksgivings! :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3681 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Maybe Mr Mw fancies a bit of baking when he gets home...

oo lala is that what you call it over there..."baking"??

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#3682 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

No dessert for us - we've been bad. ;)

no comment ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3683 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Black bean quesedilla's with mushrooms and probably will try spreading some avocado in lieu of daiya fake cheese.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#3684 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

no comment ;)

Leave it to you to notice! :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3685 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

oo lala is that what you call it over there..."baking"??

:lol: What's it called where you live, IH?

#3686 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Who cares what it's called as long as you've got some
:o ?

#3687 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Leave it to you to notice! :P

not much gets by me, toots

:lol: What's it called where you live, IH?

fun

(I almost said bacon to see if anyone is paying attention)

Who cares what it's called as long as you've got some
:o ?

amen to that, sister
now, I have to go do some "baking"......

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3688 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

not much gets by me, toots

fun

(I almost said bacon to see if anyone is paying attention)

amen to that, sister
now, I have to go do some "baking"......

...and I am going to cook me some bacon...

#3689 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

...and I am going to cook me some bacon...

;) gotcha .......Alberta sizzles

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#3690 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Happy Thanksgiving all:). I was up to my elbows in bacon yesterday--cooked up a bunch for the GPS and nibbled on it the whole time I was making the sauce.

Enjoy!!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: