9139 replies to this topic

#361 a1956chill

a1956chill

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

They can be made a couple of different ways but I suspect in this case they are like potato pancakes (i.e. grated, mixed with egg or whatever for binding and seasoning then fried). They are very good!

Thank you :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#362 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Tonight I had a baked tilapia fillet, baked potato and fresh green beans. I love this thread!!! Gives me lots of ideas and some good recipes, too!
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#363 Nor_TX

Nor_TX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

Had my "go to" meal last night because we got in late from a doctor's appointment. Had sardines packed in mustard sauce mushed up on toasted Udi bread with thinly sliced tomatoes and lots of salt and pepper. Had some pickles and corn totilla chips - Santitos I think. I know that alot of people don't like sardines, but I grew up eating them and like them. We never had the flavored kind back then, but these are good.
Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

#364 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:48 AM

Glad I asked as it would make quite a difference to use too much. Thanks a lot!

Of course! :)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#365 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Had my "go to" meal last night because we got in late from a doctor's appointment. Had sardines packed in mustard sauce mushed up on toasted Udi bread with thinly sliced tomatoes and lots of salt and pepper. Had some pickles and corn totilla chips - Santitos I think. I know that alot of people don't like sardines, but I grew up eating them and like them. We never had the flavored kind back then, but these are good.

I love sardines, too...and I also grew up eating them.
Sylvia

#366 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Tonight my 12-year old granddaughter is spending the night with me and we're having pork and sauerkraut (it's in my crockpot), mashed potatoes and applesauce. She loves all of it and has for years.
Sylvia

#367 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

Thank you :D

You are welcome! :D
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#368 celiackitcat

celiackitcat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

No idea what to make for dinner tonight yet. Maybe chili bake topped with cornbread. But last night I made chicken and dumplings using the gluten-free bisquick. It was super tasty and even better for leftovers for lunch today. I didn't really follow any recipe and added cut up red potatoes and carrots to add a veggie component to it.

#369 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

Don't know about tonight, but last night we had a shrimp and mushroom risotto with parmesan and cream.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#370 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Let's see-- Thurs I had Caesar's gluten-free Lasagne, yesterday was Amy's gluten-free mac & cheese, today was Thai Kitchen Pad Thai... yes, there is a theme going here... my hubby had oral surgery (4 teeth taken out) on Thursday, so until he heals, it's easy meals all around at our house. We already have more than enough to deal with here!!
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#371 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

We had turkey chili with blue corn muffins.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#372 Teri Lou

Teri Lou

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

Tonight we are having Corned Beef Hash with steamed green beans. Got a new gluten free cookbook! :) and it sounded like a fun kid friendly recipe.

#373 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

Leftovers tonight! :D :D :D

and Lemon Lover's Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting. I've been wanting to make these for months and today my granddaughter and I did. They are so yummy! I only had one lemon so saved 1 tsp. of grated lemon rind for the frosting and dumped the rest into the cake. It worked fine. Definitely a recipe I'll use again.
Sylvia

#374 Emilushka

Emilushka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Garlic pepper steaks with roasted "crash" potatoes.

#375 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Garlic pepper steaks with roasted "crash" potatoes.

these look AWESOME !!! now I want some :( I really need to stop reading this thread :P

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: