9491 replies to this topic

#3736 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hey, lady....you are taking all the "good jobs" !

Irish, maybe we should force her to do the butchering and resulting clean-up duties. Cabana boy indeed... :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3737 Persei V.

Persei V.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

I have fish for dinner... With my lovely sweet potato fries and onion "noodles" (just slices of onions sautéed until soft).

Going to try introducing squash to my diet, because I see it around a lot... As soon as my intestines are back on track from trying out carob (it didn't work out) and walnuts (also didn't work out). At least I had a chocolate smoothie this morning with flaxseed flour that turned out great... This leaky guy is def killing me.
Lactose free: 8/6/2006
Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012
Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

#3738 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

me thinks a sweet potato might be in order for me....

#3739 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

I offered to load the dishwasher a few pages ago... And I don't mind sharing jobs :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3740 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I offered to load the dishwasher a few pages ago... And I don't mind sharing jobs :)

Second dibs on the cabana boy. :ph34r:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3741 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I will unload the dishwasher and be a slaughter observer (used to be good at that as a kid, haven't tried it lately) but you need strength to cut a throat, you need some OJ ;) so to speak. Oh, and I will stir whatever needs stirring while LTT is busy doing something else --- and no, I will NOT stir THAT! - that doesn't need stirring.

Oh, and we all must be given a guided tour of the pantry!!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3742 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I'm pretty sure that where there is THAT MUCH snow to be shoveled all of the time, there is no need for cabana boys. But if we're getting one for no reason, we may as well get enough to go around. B)

I have no clue what is for supper. I actually cooked for lunch so maybe I'll just have leftover arepas and a salad. Or something. I'm sure it'll all figure itself out before I starve to death.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3743 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that where there is THAT MUCH snow to be shoveled all of the time, there is no need for cabana boys. But if we're getting one for no reason, we may as well get enough to go around. B)

Iin the Summer our cabana boys will have that much more time to spritz us with water and provide massages while we lounge around our pool after our group aqua arobics - drifting off into daydream - can no longer remember what's for dinner ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3744 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I will unload the dishwasher and be a slaughter observer (used to be good at that as a kid, haven't tried it lately) but you need strength to cut a throat, you need some OJ ;) so to speak. Oh, and I will stir whatever needs stirring while LTT is busy doing something else --- and no, I will NOT stir THAT! - that doesn't need stirring.

Oh, and we all must be given a guided tour of the pantry!!!

An observer, eh? Not actual butchery? It may sound morbid but I actually enjoy butchery - not slaughter itself (did that as a kid with chickens, etc. on the farm) but the anatomy/cuts of animals/birds intrigue me. I'm pretty good at breaking down a chicken and knowing what cuts go best with what cooking method and the internal temperatures. People whom I cook for tell me no one else does meats/poultry like me! But it has taken lots of reading and practice. ;)

Maybe we'll get you to stir the polenta for about an hour...in Paris a month ago I was at a cooking class and we were making the best creamy polenta I've had in my life. It was chock full of cream and tons of butter and Parmesan (I took about 982 Lactaid first).
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3745 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

An observer, eh? Not actual butchery? It may sound morbid but I actually enjoy butchery - not slaughter itself (did that as a kid with chickens, etc. on the farm) but the anatomy/cuts of animals/birds intrigue me. I'm pretty good at breaking down a chicken and knowing what cuts go best with what cooking method.

Maybe we'll get you to stir the polenta for about an hour...in Paris a month ago I was at a cooking class and we were making the best creamy polenta I've had in my life. It was chock full of cream and tons of butter and Parmesan (I took about 982 Lactaid first).

An observer, eh? Not actual butchery? It may sound morbid but I actually enjoy butchery - not slaughter itself (did that as a kid with chickens, etc. on the farm) but the anatomy/cuts of animals/birds intrigue me. I'm pretty good at breaking down a chicken and knowing what cuts go best with what cooking method.

Iin the Summer our cabana boys will have that much more time to spritz us with water and provide massages while we lounge around our pool after our group aqua arobics - drifting off into daydream - can no longer remember what's for dinner ;)

If you come here, just remember that our summers are about 20 minutes long. Or are you talking about our "dream" location? Because if that is so, we do need a pool and all that goes with it! ^_^

ETA: What on earth happened to my responses? Weird. :huh:

Edited by love2travel, 28 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#3746 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I have no clue what is for supper. I actually cooked for lunch so maybe I'll just have leftover arepas and a salad. Or something. I'm sure it'll all figure itself out before I starve to death.

We will be shoveling yet again tomorrow. The snow ploughs are on our street this very minute, actually. Usually they wait until about January until we have a lot of snow built up but this year the snow came early - five weeks ago - and it has stayed. This will be the longest winter ever! Maybe the snow plough guys are really cabana boys in disguise!

#3747 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,993 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Perhaps cabana boys can shovel snow?

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3748 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

We will be shoveling yet again tomorrow. The snow ploughs are on our street this very minute, actually. Usually they wait until about January until we have a lot of snow built up but this year the snow came early - five weeks ago - and it has stayed. This will be the longest winter ever! Maybe the snow plough guys are really cabana boys in disguise!

Oh, if you're in charge of ordering you can be sure to count me for one of those big buff ones. I'll even take pale and blond if you have them there. Heck, I may even be inspired to find the energy to shovel sidewalks if I can watch them go by all day. I'm on my way!!! I suddenly don't care what is for supper.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3749 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'll take a 5'10" - 6' footer, thick, bearded. Color combinations are of no matter. :D
Preferably with some training so we can spar....
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3750 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Perhaps cabana boys can shovel snow?

Can they ever! I mean, I have no idea... ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: