9532 replies to this topic

#3766 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

And just think - we live many hours north of Montana. At least you got a good taste of the cold! We used to have to milk cows in pitch blackness before school at -45F. The coldest temperature I have ever been in was -52F with windchill of -65F. And we STILL had to go to work as normal! :(

I was kept home if it was -30 out (school was still on of course, but it was too cold to be out in it and i'd have to walk a short distance to catch the bus). But that only happened a couple of times a winter. Still had to go take care of the horses though. I'd be on the water tank duty, boy that was difficult. One of the horses usually came and stood next to me if it was really windy out (he was such a sweetheart for doing that). The tanks had heaters but still... and then draining the hoses... :blink:

Honestly, I miss it.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3767 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

:lol: Maybe she will be so busy shoveling she won't notice the kitchen activity. More food for us! We have just enough stairs to keep the boys busy running to and from the downstairs deep freezers, showing off their brawn. May I request one intellectual boy at least for intelligent conversation? :P Wait a minute - where is my husband in all this?? ^_^

If we send him out to shovel snow and the rest of the husbands too, they won't notice us spending all of our time drooling on the cabana boys. It is a brilliant plan!

Far too lazy for cooking tonight, I had a little extra pasta from last night that I heated up and threw together with some Classico and the rest of my fresh cheese from lunch. Finished off the night with three hours on the phone with my best girls and a steaming cup of what for simplicities sake I call hot chocolate. It's more like a drinking chocolate, I don't do that powdered crap any more. There is so much I can't have, what I can I'll have the good stuff thanks. Then, to offend everyone with finer taste buds I topped it with marshmallows instead of whipped cream because there is no such thing as too old for marshmallows. (Hey, at least I didn't use marshmallow snot!)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3768 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

you mean fluff? Only time i used that stuff was when i'd make fudge. Elsewise, just gimmie a bag of marshmellows.

#3769 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Fine.... fluff if you want to call it that. The jar does. But for some reason, when I was a small girl, I imagined a giant marshmallow sitting in a factory sneezing into jars. I like to just get a spoon sometimes and get a heap of it when I'm in the kitchen alone.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3770 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

but for some reason, when I was a small girl, I imagined a giant marshmallow sitting in a factory sneezing into jars.

:lol: :lol: I shall carry this image with me forever.
Thank you, Addy. xxoo

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3771 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

i'm thinking mac and cheese with a massive bowl of broccoli for dinner.

#3772 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

My Mum just made us turkey, carrots, French beans broccoli and potatoes. Very kind, I spent the day in bed with a head cold.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3773 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Fine.... fluff if you want to call it that. The jar does. But for some reason, when I was a small girl, I imagined a giant marshmallow sitting in a factory sneezing into jars. I like to just get a spoon sometimes and get a heap of it when I'm in the kitchen alone.

I am of the opinion that fluff makes a better hot chocolate additive than marshmallows.
Marshmallows take too long to melt and then get stuck to your lip. Also, I don't even want
to know how your tiny little girl brain figured jam got into jars! :lol: :lol:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3774 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Also, I don't even want to know how your tiny little girl brain figured jam got into jars! :lol: :lol:

That one's too easy - it was jammed in, of course :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3775 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

. Also, I don't even want

.........Absolutely terrified to hear where 7 year old Addy thought jarred brown gravy came from :ph34r:

I am making

Veal Marsala

even though I am so tired from lack of sleep.

Seemed like a good idea a few hours ago.....

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3776 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

I am of the opinion that fluff makes a better hot chocolate additive than marshmallows.
Marshmallows take too long to melt and then get stuck to your lip. Also, I don't even want

Well that's easy. I grew up on a farm making jam. I know exactly how that got in the jars. I put it there!

.........Absolutely terrified to hear where 7 year old Addy thought jarred brown gravy came from :ph34r:

I am making

Veal Marsala

even though I am so tired from lack of sleep.

Seemed like a good idea a few hours ago.....

I didn't know when I was little that gravy could come in a jar. To this day I believe that it is a crime against humanity considering how easy it is to make yourself.

If you weren't so darn far away I would come help. That sounds good. I keep screwing up this planning thing. I didn't think about wanting a roast for dinner until about 11 last night so it's still a brick in my fridge and will have to wait until tomorrow. Do muddy buddies count as dinner? No? Well that's mean. Maybe I'll throw together a couple more arepas and another pot of fresh cheese and grill a burger. I just don't feel up to much myself. Today would be a perfect napping day.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3777 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Well that's easy. I grew up on a farm making jam. I know exactly how that got in the jars. I put it there!

Hey, hey, you thought Fluff came from a marshmallow Snot Monster, it's a fair question! :P

#3778 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hey, hey, you thought Fluff came from a marshmallow Snot Monster, it's a fair question! :P

Yes, I suppose it is a fair question. It never occurred to me as a child that things weren't somehow natural. We killed our own animals, until I was 3 we had a milk cow and we grew our own vegetables. I didn't know food could come from, wherever it is marshmallows come from. I suppose I'm an odd duck though, as a parent I convinced my preschool aged children that there was such a thing as a Spam animal. I even drew them a picture.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3779 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yes, I suppose it is a fair question. It never occurred to me as a child that things weren't somehow natural. We killed our own animals, until I was 3 we had a milk cow and we grew our own vegetables. I didn't know food could come from, wherever it is marshmallows come from. I suppose I'm an odd duck though, as a parent I convinced my preschool aged children that there was such a thing as a Spam animal. I even drew them a picture.

You wicked woman you.

#3780 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

You wicked woman you.

Now I want Spam for supper! And I had to. My oldest daughter went through many food phases. She decided one morning she was a vegetarian, except chickens. Chickens don't have feelings. It was the only way to get one more "meat" into her.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: