9532 replies to this topic

#3781 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

My daughter and I made honey butter chicken, mashed sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon and french cut green beans.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#3782 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Now I want Spam for supper! And I had to. My oldest daughter went through many food phases. She decided one morning she was a vegetarian, except chickens. Chickens don't have feelings. It was the only way to get one more "meat" into her.

HAHAHAHAAA!!! Hey, whatever ya gotta do.

Dinner for me tonight: something different! I added carrots instead of potatoes
to my pot roast. :ph34r:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#3783 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

My daughter and I made honey butter chicken, mashed sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon and french cut green beans.

Mmmm! How do you make the honey butter chicken? Sounds good.

I'm making oven "fried" chicken tenders and homemade Mac and cheese.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3784 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

steak with vegie stir fry
pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting for my men

I lied never made a dessert for me - might have fried apple crumble for breakfast :)

Edited by GottaSki, 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3785 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Spent the morning in the ER (blech - thought I was having a heart attack) so my dinner plans are now on hold for tomorrow's dinner. So, we just had gnocchi (easy to whip up quickly) with a fresh tomato sauce. And some of my garlic cucumber dills.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3786 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

ummmm....thought...are you ok?

not to make light, but your dinner still sounds wonderful even on the off day

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#3787 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

ummmm....thought...are you ok?

not to make light, but your dinner still sounds wonderful even on the off day

I'm ok. This morning I awoke to intense pressure on my chest radiating into my shoulder blades. It felt as though someone were sitting on my chest, making it tricky to breathe well. So, this morning I was poked and prodded. Thankfully the ER doc I saw was thorough. He said it was not a heart attack but muscle tightness - could be my costochondritis acting up. I also had an extremely painful mammogram yesterday (that is another story) so my chest was also sore from that. Scary, though, having such a weird sensation!

Tomorrow's dinner will be a bit more planned. :D
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3788 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm ok. This morning I awoke to intense pressure on my chest radiating into my shoulder blades. It felt as though someone were sitting on my chest, making it tricky to breathe well. So, this morning I was poked and prodded. Thankfully the ER doc I saw was thorough. He said it was not a heart attack but muscle tightness - could be my costochondritis acting up. I also had an extremely painful mammogram yesterday (that is another story) so my chest was also sore from that. Scary, though, having such a weird sensation!

Great to hear...I had a similar rush to ER just after the New Year flip...only idea after a day of a very new scary pain was connective tissue in the chest -- great. At least it was a false alarm....yet another mystery :wacko:

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#3789 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

That's scary! I'm glad you're okay though and hope that you're back to feeling yourself soon. I'm not terribly far from that first mammogram and frankly not particularly excited. I have nothing but sympathy for that whole thing too as I've heard it can (as it was for you) sometimes be dreadfully awful.

I ended up having Spam and toast and eggs. I still haven't decided if I'm okay with the texture of that fake egg junk. They work great for baking but they're a little off for eating. Oh well, it was food. I have a whole tub of mango sorbet in the freezer to go get into which I just may be doing here shortly.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3790 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

The mammogram probably somehow set it off. IF your sore in one area, another is likely to act up, chain reaction and all that jazz. Glad to see you went in.

#3791 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

The girls getting squished could definitely mess with connective tissue :blink:

Always better to error on the side of caution when chest pain is radiating.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#3792 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

The girls getting squished could definitely mess with connective tissue :blink:

Always better to error on the side of caution when chest pain is radiating.

Methinks they need to come up with a less painful test. Anyone with me?

I was lazy so my cheese-y mess will be rescheduled to tommorow due to a 5 hour nap.

#3793 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

oh...sorry cheesy mess and girlies getting squished should never be in the same vicinity.

What's on the menu for manana?

I'm going to try to make Jerky with simple brine - couldn't find anything safe to use as marinade - I will - but for now wanna test out the dehydrator.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#3794 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

oh...sorry cheesy mess and girlies getting squished should never be in the same vicinity.

What's on the menu for manana?

:lol: :lol: :lol: you just made me crack up really bad. :lol:

Yay for random posts that go in one direction and completely change the next.

#3795 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm glad you are ok, L2T :).
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev